Carlow Forum

It Starts Again (Club Hurling)

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

carlowman wrote "As regards Palatine, I dont remember whether they were fined or not, but they had at least one member banned for life. The Eire Og incident was harmless by comparison. Much more was made of that situation by members of the media who are constantly lookiing for such stories. I dont think that comparisons should really be made when looking at these incidents.... but there are many others that could also be spoken about if one was to go down that road! "
01/12/2011 09:34:58

Are you condoning the attack on an official by a player carlowman ? think the suspension justified the action and in fact could have been a life ban.

centrefield (Carlow) - Posts: 65 - 05/12/2011 09:02:43    1079992

Link

There is anothere topic already posted here on this discipline talk!!This was meant to be about club hurling.

fergie (Carlow) - Posts: 1105 - 05/12/2011 12:46:26    1080095

Link

Sorry fergie .. but I have to reply to my friend centrefield who has returned from the rig... Of course I would not condone or advocate any interference in any form with any official. The Eire og incident that I was referring to happened over 20 years ago.
Old Yellar put me in the picture into Eire Og's most recent situation when a well known player got a substantial ban for an altercation with a linesman. The most recent incident with that player was very unfortunate and should not have happened. Again to reassure you... I would not condone such behaviour or similar behaviour towards an official.

Did that player also play hurling for Town?

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1556 - 05/12/2011 18:30:58    1080347

Link

Aragon.
How are you? im just wondering what you tought of MLR's All Ireland Success....The reason i ask this is you were very critical of the team and management all year. You were actually quiet hurtful, offensive & ignorant with your comments towards some players and mangement, you all but named them. also you at all times referred to the last 2/3 years as playing as a finshed team, that they should have won a lot more. so lets take a look at what they have won since 2009 2010 & 2011.

Kilkenny League Winners.
Westmeath Tourament Winners.
Carlow Senior Hurling Champions.
Leinster Finalists loosing to Freshford by 3 points who went on to win the all ireland final.
Supplied 11 members of the carlow panel which won the christy ring, 5 started + 2 came on so finshed with 7 on the field.

Beaten Carlow Senior Hurling Finalists.
Westmeath Tourament Winners.
Now if you look at the teams that played in 09 & 10 finals you will see they were missing in the 10 decider - Frank Foley County Keeper, Brian Nolan Broken Shoulder, Denis Murphy County Ful Forward Cruciate Ligament injury. There were also another couple that i cant recall right now, o and James Hickey county midfielder played in that final after having 5 pain killing injections to the knee & also a month after dislocating his collar bone.so they were unlucky enough in 2010 due to injuries etc.

Westmeath Tourament Winners
Kilkenny League winners
Carlow League Winners
Carlow Senior Hurling Champions
Leinster Intermediate Champions
All ireland Intermediate Champions

Now Aragon is this not success???????
Is this not an impressive trophy Hall, for a team that was finished.
Is that not an impressive cv for the mangement, who were boring and lacked leadership and creativity?

I think your issues are personal Mate
& Personnaly I Think Your the one that needs to look in the Mirror..

Reangers Abu.

Immortals (Kilkenny) - Posts: 3 - 22/02/2012 13:47:50    1115980

Link

Immortals: Touché

The criticism has been well and truly answered.

Magnificent Rangers

Benekerry (Cavan) - Posts: 258 - 22/02/2012 15:33:38    1116075

Link

Immortals,
Here Here a Magical team of Men. What they have achieved is forever in the history books. What a team. What an achievment Mighty Mighty Rangers...
No one can ever question this teams bond or spirit they are an insprition

oki (Carlow) - Posts: 38 - 22/02/2012 15:58:18    1116101

Link

Poor Aragon,
This team is special and what they have done will forever cement them in a special place in carlow Gaa history & for you questioning the elder states men were they not outstanding in croke park on the biggest stage of all, J Hickey, E Coady, F Foley who i hope will be captain of the county team. he deserves it..

CarlowGael (Carlow) - Posts: 41 - 22/02/2012 16:01:40    1116105

Link

Great Team, Great Management, Great Leaders, I cant help but feel you played a bit of hurling with rangers yourself aragon?
Were you Good?
Did Ya win Much?
To question this teams caracter is a disgrace.

Sportie (Carlow) - Posts: 44 - 22/02/2012 16:17:25    1116116

Link

Immortals

the club that you are from in killkenny must be very bad if you have two follow mlr, Kilkenny League Winners.
Westmeath Tourament Winners haha thats not much to be proud off, fairplay on winning the all ireland and everything enjoy it but when it comes down to it all mlr have won at SENIOR level is 4 CARLOW county titles and they also LOST 4 50 percent record aint great for the greatest ever carlow club team , so get over ur self with your westmeath tourament and JUNIOR killkenny league.

and immortals why do you say your from killkenny when ur live borris.

thereferee (Carlow) - Posts: 40 - 22/02/2012 19:32:57    1116233

Link

Don't even bother thereferee. It is a waste of time arguing with some on here who gloss over the grade situation.

And before I get accused of bias, fair play to MLR on winning the IHC All Ireland and let my congratulations be on record. But it is still a fact that it is below the level that all our Liam McCarthey competitors are playing in, a a level below we were in a few years ago. A great achievement nonetheless.

Let's hope a Carlow club can make these strides in senior next year.

Immortals, MLR u14s won the Carlow Town Ground Hurling Blitz last year, you should add that to your list.

St.John (Carlow) - Posts: 202 - 22/02/2012 21:47:36    1116323

Link

Any team that wins a championship that includes the intermediate hurling champions of Kilkenny, Cork, Tipp, Waterford, Limerick, Clare must be given credit for such an achievement.
The Champions of those counties in this grade would be serious hurling outfits.

We already know Carlow is operating at Div 2 level so it is a massive win. Arguing over it's value here by some people is pure jealousy and begrudgery.

Pay no heed to them.

Benekerry (Cavan) - Posts: 258 - 23/02/2012 09:22:06    1116360

Link

Oh St John youre back. Must of been a tough few weeks on ye! By the way MLR U14 Hurlers won the A Chship last year along with that blitz and represented Carlow in Feile. They had a lot of the team that won 5 U12 A Hurling titles in a row

Dualclub1 (Carlow) - Posts: 266 - 23/02/2012 09:47:28    1116373

Link

I took to the bed for the last fortnight!

MLR will have to be overwhelming favourites this year for the county title. Hard to see Myshall getting as close considering the departures of some of the lads to other countries.

St.John (Carlow) - Posts: 202 - 23/02/2012 14:11:22    1116530

Link

Ah they might come home for the hurling and there is not that many gone from the county final team anyway so theres no point in making excuses. MLR will be favourites alright but Erins Own, St Mullins, Naomh Brid and Ballinkillen will fancy their chances! It should be a good championship.

Dualclub1 (Carlow) - Posts: 266 - 23/02/2012 15:21:26    1116585

Link

The players that myshall have gone abroad won't be back for the hurling and there is more players leaving for australia but we have not made a big deal about this so why are other teams bringing this up?We always have great belief in our teams and we still believe we will win the hurling this year and won't make excuses if we don't.The only thing i will ask is that you stop calling rangers the best team that ever came out of carlow because i'm guessing you guys are too you to remember the myshall team that won 6 in a row or the great st mullins teams over the years.

miseal (Carlow) - Posts: 49 - 23/02/2012 18:49:45    1116721

Link

No excuses being made here, Dualclub. But the smaller a panel becomes, the more of a disadvantage it is. That is just basic fact.

We also have some younger players who have last year's experience under their belts so that is a plus. We'll wait and see anyway.

St.John (Carlow) - Posts: 202 - 23/02/2012 20:06:00    1116761

Link

Begrudgery begrudgery begrudgery - Irelands most common failing! Still alive I see!

Why is it that some people cannot give the credit to those amongst us who perform to the best of their ability and.... succeed? Jealousy... cannot give the credit where it has been earned and when it has been earned.

The Rangers players have won their All Ireland and I for one salute them. I am not interested in side shows of grade... etc. Thye have beaten all that has been put in front of them.

As for emigration, its having a devastating effect on many clubs. And Myshall have never been a club to look for excuses. They get up and get on with it. They will again be a very serious threat to Rangers, Naomh Brid and St. Mullins and of course Erins Own and Balinkillen. I suppose I better mention Carlow Town also.... Centrefield might get upset!

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1556 - 23/02/2012 21:57:15    1116842

Link

Eh Miseal, it was your own man that brought it up. St John??? in Irish

Dualclub1 (Carlow) - Posts: 266 - 24/02/2012 09:48:59    1116887

Link

Firstly, I begrudge MLR nothing. I've congratulated them in person, I don't need an internet forum to do so. I might be guilty of pedantry, but not begrudgery.

Secondly, where has this nonsense about making excuses come form? I said that I thought Myshall would be hindered by emigration this year. That's a reason for why I think they will be up against it. It's not an excuse. Do you lads know there is a difference? Both myself and Miseal have both said that Myshall won't be making excuses this or any year.

How are we suppose to preview the Championship if we can't even critique teams? Surely it is better to actually look at the strengths and weaknesses of the teams rather than a bland "sure they will all fancy their chances and you never know on the day".

St.John (Carlow) - Posts: 202 - 24/02/2012 11:19:31    1116962

Link

They are still there for the taking in the carlow championship

arrows85 (Carlow) - Posts: 202 - 27/02/2012 12:42:35    1118289

Link