The 2018 Electric Ireland sponsored Minor Star Awards Hurling Team of the Year has been announced.
The team features five players from back-to-back All-Ireland champions, Galway, as well as four players from this year’s finalists, Kilkenny.
Players from Tipperary, Limerick, and Dublin are also included on this year’s list.
Eight-time All-Ireland winning former Kilkenny hurler Michael Fennelly was a member of the selection panel alongside four-time All-Star former Galway defender Ollie Canning and he commented: “I’m delighted to have been a part of the panel and help select the skilled players who make up this year’s Hurling Team of the Year.
“Honouring players at this level is so important as it may be the only time that they pull on a County jersey so it’s great to be able to mark that occasion for them.
“These players have performed exceptionally throughout the season, giving it their all at every match. Their talent is a testament to the families and communities that have supported them on their journey, and they’ve earned their place on the Team of the Year.”
The Hurling Team of the Year will be recognised at the second annual Electric Ireland GAA Minor Star Awards, held at Croke Park on Saturday, 29 September.
Electric Ireland GAA Minor Star Hurling Team of the Year
1. Patrick Rabbitte – Galway, (St. Mary’s)
2. Conor Whelan – Tipperary, (CJ Kickhams)
3. Shane Jennings – Galway, (Ballinasloe)
4. Jamie Young – Kilkenny, (O’Loughlin Gaels)
5. Darragh Maher – Kilkenny, (St. Lachtain’s)
6. Seán Neary – Galway, (Castlegar)
7. Seán Phelan – Tipperary, (Nenagh Eire OG)
8. Conor Kelly – Kilkenny, (O’Loughlin Gaels)
9. Donal Leavy – Dublin, (Naomh Olaf)
10. James Devaney – Tipperary, (Borris-Ileigh)
11. Cathal O’Neill – Limerick, (Crecora-Manister)
12. Ciarán Brennan – Kilkenny, (Bennettsbridge)
13. Luke Swan – Dublin, (Castleknock)
14. Donal O’Shea – Galway, (Salthill/Knocknacarra)
15. Dean Reilly – Galway, (Pádraig Pearses)