Wexford Forum

County Junior Football

(Oldest Posts First)

What the flippin hell was that???

footfan (Wexford) - Posts: 173 - 27/05/2010 15:29:22    660032

Link

A disgrace!!!!! Surely we have better players than those on show last nite to represent us.

Longlegs (Wexford) - Posts: 20 - 27/05/2010 16:26:53    660127

Link

we should not enter it anymore ,just like intermediate hurling two pointless tournaments unfortunately ,when we did the double back in the early 1990's it was a great competition but since the turn of the new millenium its a complete farce of a tournament ,we be far better we a round of club junior championship matches last night .

bogstandard (Wexford) - Posts: 799 - 27/05/2010 19:10:21    660350

Link

A very disappointing result, no doubt. Can you suggest your alternative team?

JDS (Wexford) - Posts: 26 - 28/05/2010 09:22:57    660529

Link

well there was at least sixty players involved in the trial inter district thing and feck all of them were playing ,there is no point in paul carthy entering a team in this if thats the best we can do in it .

bogstandard (Wexford) - Posts: 799 - 28/05/2010 10:33:42    660581

Link

Jesus i was in at the match, oh what a disaster, surely better players around, i dont blame the players, well not totally, who picks these teams, id have something like this.......
1-Tom Hughes-Kilnaerin
2-Robert Tierney-G Barntown
3-Robbie Mageen-Bannow
4-Tom Wall-Starlights
5-Walter Cosgrave-Gusserane
6-Conor Murphy-St Marys Rosslare
7-Barry O Gorman-Taghmon
8-David Bradley-Adamstown
9-Mathew O Hanlon-St James
10-Alan Griffith-Shels
11-David Shannon-Horeswood
12-Johnny Flynn O Connor-Duffry
13-Kevin O Grady-St James
14-Killian Kehoe-Gusserane
15-Paul Murphy-Sars
Thats just a rough idea, FAR BETTER TEAM, more physical, better scoring forwards, more expierience, surely these lads could have bn persuaded to play an oul match, its not as if they had to train or anything, think they only played a couple of practice matches.

Mufflers (Wexford) - Posts: 67 - 28/05/2010 11:04:09    660599

Link

JDS
County: Wexford

660529 A very disappointing result, no doubt. Can you suggest your alternative team?

anyone who didnt play senior championship for the county last year. Some of the players on weds night are barely holding down a place on their club team.
Why bother entering a team at all if thats the way its going to treated ?

yellabelly (Wexford) - Posts: 1062 - 28/05/2010 11:16:58    660607

Link

I think the whole thing is a joke - the county board gave the go ahead for the juniors to start training 3 weeks ago. i see members of that junior panel that was out there on tuesday not even in the top 5 players in their own club. it appears Mr Carty never even consulted with clubs as to who should be invited to join the panel very similar to the way he picked the under 21s same result for both those teams.

fearcliste (Wexford) - Posts: 141 - 28/05/2010 13:17:47    660751

Link

lots of the player in that alternative team had no interest or more so their clubs had no interest in this competiton .best thing for that competition make it like it was years ago for clubs outside senior only .then there be a team that could train one night a week and actually want to win it

bogstandard (Wexford) - Posts: 799 - 28/05/2010 13:36:01    660778

Link

mufflers heres 21 more who were eligible not including any of your 15. Both teams would hammer the team picked.

1. Gavin Morris (rosslare)
2. John Leacy (Glynn/B)
3. Joey Wadding (St Fintans)
4. Steven Collins (Horeswood)
5. Conor Carthy (Castletown)
6. David Currid (Bannow)
7. Dylan Kehoe (Bunclody)
8. Paddy Murphy (Horeswood)
9. Daithi Waters (St Martins)
10. Pat Naughter (Realt na mara)
11. Kevin Gore (Sarsfields)
12. James Carthy (Starlights)
13. Declan Murphy (Horeswood)
14. Ben Brosnan (Bannow/B)
15. Matty forde (Kilanerin)

Subs. Kevin Kavanagh (St Pats), Niall Collins (Horeswood), James Holmes (Castletown), Liam og McGovern (St annes) Sean Gaule (St annes) & Paul O Leary (Blackwater)

I know Jason Ryan wouldn't release some of the above but he was wrong. 15 of the 21 aabove are not on the senior panel.

Paul Carty has been involved with the Under 21 team and the junior team the last two years and they all have been trounced. The selectors next year should actually go to wexford club matches and take the job seriously.

I heard ger doyle and george o connor are looking to give Paul Carty the senior job next year

NAMA (Wexford) - Posts: 20 - 28/05/2010 14:18:54    660847

Link

I suppose the reality is that most of the players invited for the Juniors ahve rejected the opportunity to play.
Also, it's interesting to see that for the two teams proposed by the two posters that only one st Anne's player is suggested - and he on the bench.

turtle (Wexford) - Posts: 242 - 28/05/2010 15:59:04    660950

Link

seriously how would jason ryan let mattie forde ben brosnan pat nuaghter dylan kehoe and others line out for a junior team who had not trained three times before this match imagine ,they all played the other night and lets say mattie forde broke his leg there would be up roar ,if they had put in a decent effort to win the competition then jason should let his seniors play but when they are like a division five A soccer team whoever turns up on the day job ,i sa well done to jason ryan for seeing through that cowboy run operation

bogstandard (Wexford) - Posts: 799 - 28/05/2010 16:28:46    660994

Link

NAMA I hope to god your jokin bout carty being involved with the seniors next year!!
Bogstandard: I agree with you that if this junior setup was takin more serious then ryan would be more inclined to let players play. The blame for this has to lay with the county board. Either put in some effort and money into the junior setup or dont bother with it at all. Yev wasted money on plenty of stupid things in the past, surely where money should be invested first is in preparing a team. If its worth doing its worth doing properly. Sure the management have been crap, and can be blamed, then change them, it aint rocket science. If players seen the junior team as serious team and a stepping stone to the senior panel, theyr wouldnt be too many players turning down the chance to play.
Bottom line.. Out with the management (and dont promote them!)
Invest in the team... Or scrap it...

footfan (Wexford) - Posts: 173 - 29/05/2010 16:10:09    661601

Link