Wicklow Forum

Hurling Championship 19

(Oldest Posts First)

What's everyone's thoughts on the upcoming senior championship?
Who's favs? Who could push glenealy and Bray all the way this year?

From what iv heard and seen so far this year is that st Pat's are flying it and haven't lost a single game all year there fitness and strength have improved immensely in the last year and are looking really dangerous...

Glenealy and Bray will be there or there abouts again
Not sure how carnew is going but you can never write them off

Kilteagan eire og and avondale surely aren't going to challenge the top 4 are they?

Hallaluah (Wicklow) - Posts: 1 - 09/06/2019 12:23:40    2192116

Link

Replying To Hallaluah:  "What's everyone's thoughts on the upcoming senior championship?
Who's favs? Who could push glenealy and Bray all the way this year?

From what iv heard and seen so far this year is that st Pat's are flying it and haven't lost a single game all year there fitness and strength have improved immensely in the last year and are looking really dangerous...

Glenealy and Bray will be there or there abouts again
Not sure how carnew is going but you can never write them off

Kilteagan eire og and avondale surely aren't going to challenge the top 4 are they?"
I have a feeling that Bray can come out on top this year. They won 3 a few years back and normally there can be a comeback with guys giving it a real go before they get too old. Their average age would still be quite impressive. I've seen Pats a few times this year so far and while they are flying, fit and sharp I get the feeling that when the other sides sharpen up Pats may not have much extra in the tank, which they will need. . Carnew can never be written off and Glenealy are only showing snatches of their true form. Will be close between the 4.

Freethinker (Wicklow) - Posts: 155 - 09/06/2019 13:33:25    2192141

Link

Well I for one didn't see that beating coming, fair play to Bray on winning, they were the best team all year and showed in yesterday. Could be at the top for a few years now.

brollyboy (Wicklow) - Posts: 124 - 07/10/2019 11:42:05    2241762

Link

Replying To brollyboy:  "Well I for one didn't see that beating coming, fair play to Bray on winning, they were the best team all year and showed in yesterday. Could be at the top for a few years now."
I thought all year that Bray looked a bit special. Glenealy seemed to improve as the year went on and looked at the semi as if they had got it right. Then yesterday they went back to what they looked like when they lost the League final. I am not privy to what is going on there but they are certainly better than they showed yesterday. Apart from Glynn, and Staunton in the second half, not too many others can be too happy with their performances. Their goalie possibly an exception there. A great save in the second half. Fair play to Bray, they really looked the part. Not fair to single guys out but I thought John Henderson was superb. As to winning a few ?? Not as easy as it might appear. Pats ran them close. Carnew are never too far away and I think there is a lot more to Glenealy than we saw yesterday. With 3/4 exceptions they have a very young squad.

Freethinker (Wicklow) - Posts: 155 - 07/10/2019 14:36:34    2241842

Link