Wicklow Forum

WICKLOW HURLING 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

So I think that ends our Christy ring for another year. Will we ever get back to the final.
We were best team today and I was hopeful we could have put up a score. The sending off caused a wobble but we got back on track.
I think we will see some of the older players bow out now. Some have given their best for years some have squandered their talent but thats the way it goes.
Hope we can see some young players take up the mantle. We really need to see players that can take scores from out the field.

hurlingnut (Wicklow) - Posts: 233 - 01/06/2019 17:22:04    2189647

Link

We have to face the music. Our current crop of lads is the worst we have had for years. There's not a single player that would get a game with any team that is ranked above us. The more lads that leave this panel the better.

micksmouth (Wicklow) - Posts: 6 - 05/06/2019 12:54:04    2190835

Link

Replying To micksmouth:  "We have to face the music. Our current crop of lads is the worst we have had for years. There's not a single player that would get a game with any team that is ranked above us. The more lads that leave this panel the better."
I think thats a bit harsh in fairness. They won the league and with a bit of luck couldave progressed in Ring cup. Not exactly a backwords step on the last 15 years is it

hurlingnut (Wicklow) - Posts: 233 - 06/06/2019 21:40:00    2191301

Link