UK Forum

GAA clubs in South West London

(Oldest Posts First)

Well lads, just recently moved over to go teaching here for the coming year. Living in Balham and would love to do a bit of training for hurling or football if there was any going on over the winter months. Was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of the nearest club? Have absolutely no idea of what's around the place. Sound in advance!

Luimneach_93 (UK) - Posts: 4 - 27/09/2016 18:59:01    1919828

Link

http://irishpost.co.uk/gaa-clubs-london-training-times-contact-details-locations/

TommyGriifth (Longford) - Posts: 5 - 28/09/2016 10:01:21    1920049

Link

Fulham Irish would be your nearest club to Balham but doubt any team's training over the winter

ArAisAris (UK) - Posts: 38 - 28/09/2016 10:40:18    1920066

Link

Cheers lads, looks like I'll have to give the foreign sports a go so!

Luimneach_93 (UK) - Posts: 4 - 28/09/2016 17:13:41    1920229

Link

Replying To Luimneach_93:  "Well lads, just recently moved over to go teaching here for the coming year. Living in Balham and would love to do a bit of training for hurling or football if there was any going on over the winter months. Was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of the nearest club? Have absolutely no idea of what's around the place. Sound in advance!"
balham blazerss: a youth football club based in South London with age group teams who play in the Tandridge League and the London

Clapham Rovers: local football team that is part of the Senior Sunday Sportsman League.

Wandsworth Borough Football Club: a friendly club run on traditional values of sportsmanship and good discipline now celebrating their 75th anniversary. They currently run three senior sides and a vets side.

stepheng1205 (UK) - Posts: 1 - 22/11/2016 06:48:19    1935880

Link

I don't think Acton is his nearest club which is where Fulham play.

Nearest club to Balham is Round Towers. That's where most of their players live around that area and their pitch is 15 minutes away.

BaldyBadger (Cork) - Posts: 164 - 29/11/2016 20:47:10    1937369

Link

Replying To Luimneach_93:  "Well lads, just recently moved over to go teaching here for the coming year. Living in Balham and would love to do a bit of training for hurling or football if there was any going on over the winter months. Was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of the nearest club? Have absolutely no idea of what's around the place. Sound in advance!"
How are you finding Balham pal? Expensive would be my guess.

Someone else on this thread has already beaten me to it but Round Towers would be closest to you, they're based in Mitcham.

Outside of the sports, have you been in Ganley's in Morden? Right opposite the tube station. Spent many a decent night in there.

MedwayIrish (Wexford) - Posts: 2324 - 06/12/2016 20:04:34    1938740

Link

Replying To MedwayIrish:  "How are you finding Balham pal? Expensive would be my guess.

Someone else on this thread has already beaten me to it but Round Towers would be closest to you, they're based in Mitcham.

Outside of the sports, have you been in Ganley's in Morden? Right opposite the tube station. Spent many a decent night in there."
Thanks a million lad! Would training for most clubs be starting up relatively soon after Christmas? Twould be nice to start doing a bit after a solid 4 months of doing nothing. Yeah Balham is a lovely spot but shocking expensive altogether, rent is outrageous. We were in Ganleys for the All Ireland alright, seemed like a fairly lively spot but we've been more straying towards Clapham or Wimbledon most nights, 2 unreal spots as well!

Luimneach_93 (UK) - Posts: 4 - 07/12/2016 15:18:39    1938882

Link

training for towers starts in Feb - team meeting thursday at 830 at irish centre in wimbledon.. new and old players welcome....

Acer1234 (UK) - Posts: 27 - 13/12/2016 12:25:00    1939870

Link

Peckham Rye Common - The pitch is situated adjacent to Peckham Rye B219 just south of the intersection with East Dulwich Road/Nunhead Lane.
for more information visit https://www.godissertationhelp.co.uk/phd-dissertation-help/

jacksmith0121 (UK) - Posts: 2 - 05/09/2018 11:06:39    2139373

Link