UK Forum

Lancashire 2015

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Its coming up to the business end of the season in Lancashire and Oisin CLG already have 4 trophy's in the cabinet after last weeks Junior Championship victory. That's 3 Junior Championships in a row, the club is really starting to build & looking like it is going places. The management team of Dessy Donnelly, Niall Farren and Andy Smith have worked tirelessly over the last few years bring in players and gradually strenghting all squads to a point where they will be challenging at the top table again this year for sure.

They were very close to defeating John Mitchell's last season in the Senior Championship and will be champing at the bit to have another go at their big rivals.. TBH Lancashire is blessed with 4 great club sides that would all compete in any Championship in the country and either of the 4 will be capable of winning out as always but the way the Oisin's club have developed in recent times you can only be impressed…

The lads will be hoping to add the big 1 to the 4 competions already won this season and put the club back on top in Lancashire. It's time to see if all the hard work already put in is enough, we shall see…;)

It is not only the playing staff that is on the up at the club though; Development work has been carried out behind the scenes around the playing area. It was already the best facility in the city but that was not enough for the Oisin men. New posts have been erected, new dug outs put in place and the pitch itself has been lengthened. Fantastic work indeed carried out and a credit to all concerned!

The oldest Gaelic club in Manchester is definitely going in the right direction fantastic work now keep it going lads!

Mancirish (UK) - Posts: 2190 - 08/09/2015 14:12:42    1784624

Link

It's Championship Semi Finals this Week. So Time to make some predictions

Oisin CLG v St Brendans - Oisins by 1
Many people have been talking up the Didsbury men this season, and rightfully so! But I believe Brendans will be properly up for this and a shock could be on the cards. However I think Oisins will pull away in the latter stages to book their place in the final

John Mitchels v St Peters - Mitchells by 6
I have seen nothing from Peters this year that suggests that they could keep up with the men from Liverpool. Peters may keep it tight for the first 20 mins or so, but I fully expect Mitchells to show their pedigree and finish as comfortable victors

Anyone else wish to share their thoughts?

Butcher (UK) - Posts: 49 - 09/09/2015 09:04:30    1784945

Link

Osin V Brendans - Brendans by a late goal ;)

Peters v JM - JM to win by a cricket score, Id say by 8 points.

mickthemick (Derry) - Posts: 8 - 09/09/2015 12:06:57    1785063

Link

So the Lancashire senior final is decided with Oisins & John Mitchels coming through today's games. It's going to be another titanic battle down at Old Bedians. Can the men from Didsbury finally get a victory against the men from Liverpool in the big 1?

Mancirish (UK) - Posts: 2190 - 13/09/2015 20:32:37    1786752

Link

Oisin CLG v John Mitchels - Oisins by 3

Butcher (UK) - Posts: 49 - 22/09/2015 16:48:21    1790871

Link

Mitchel's by 4

tyronemanc (Tyrone) - Posts: 163 - 23/09/2015 16:44:35    1791493

Link

Looking forward to the big game this weekend, good luck to the men from Oisin CLG this Sunday. It's time to put John Mitchel's to the sword lads! No question the quality is in the squad, make the most of your quality and enjoy your day!

Venue

Old Bedians, Didsbury

Junior B Final 1-00PM

Oisin CLG v St Patricks Chester

Senior Championship Final 3-00PM

Oisin CLG v John Mitchel's

Not a day to missed if you're a GAA fan in Lancashire. Come on Oisin CLG!!!

Mancirish (UK) - Posts: 2190 - 25/09/2015 16:29:47    1792453

Link

Mancirish, back in your box!!

chickoboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 10 - 28/09/2015 10:30:31    1792935

Link

Haha there's only 1 thing worse than a sore looser it's a bad winner!! #NeverMind

Fair play to JM yesterday, Oisin's were blown away in that 1st 20mins where Mitchel's flew out of the blocks. It was an exhibition of quality point taking. Oisin's should have got tighter maybe but some on the scores were top notch. It looked like it was going to be a landslide TBH and I'm sure the Oisin's management team couldn't wait for the half time whistle to get the lads in.

The 2nd half was a much more even affair as the the men from Didsbury found there feet. When Oisin's scored the only goal of the game they were within a point which was a fantastic response. A few missed scoreable free's unfortunately though which they really needed to go over to keep the scoreboard ticking over just allowed JM to recover their composure IMO. Great credit to them they showed the quality side that they are by dealing with the Oisin's onslaught. 9 County finals in row tells you where this team is & yes I did feel Oisin's had a big chance yesterday but top marks to JM's they proved they are a class out fit yet again which was never in question...

The 1st game of the day was a cracking game also, St Patricks and Oisin's traded the lead all game in a very even game. But fair play to Oisin's the blend of experience and youthful legs got them home on the day by 5. Well done to both teams!

This game really showed the depth that this Oisin's squad currently has. I'm sure the management team and Senior team will be disappointed this morning but lads it has been a great year. The direction of the club is only going forwards keep that going!!!

Good luck to John Mitchel's in the All Britain I am sure the rest of the Country will be fearing the worst… but someone from Fermanagh must have been nervous.. Haha

Mancirish (UK) - Posts: 2190 - 28/09/2015 11:19:51    1792975

Link

What was the score?

Yourjoking (USA) - Posts: 468 - 28/09/2015 12:56:57    1793044

Link

Oisin CLG 1-8 v 0-16 John Mitchels

Mancirish (UK) - Posts: 2190 - 28/09/2015 13:11:32    1793059

Link