UK Forum

All Ireland Tickets

(Oldest Posts First)

Would anybody know whether there would be any hurling All Ireland Final tickets floating around Ruislip some evening this week. I am not affiliated with any club over here and have not received any tickets from my club at home given that i have not had an active involvement this year due to living over here. However, i have still have travelled home to the majority of championship games both hurling and football involving Cork this year. I know its a long shot but does anybody more familiar with the GAA scene here in London know if tickets tend to come available around Ruislip the week of the AI final in general or would i be wasting my time to travel out?

ChuckFada (Cork) - Posts: 2 - 04/09/2013 13:01:57    1474924

Link

It's very unlikely to gather tickets for this, especially if you havent been involved with a club over here.

fancyaride (Mayo) - Posts: 141 - 04/09/2013 13:34:24    1474962

Link

Same rules apply here as elsewhere Chuck.... County Board get their quota from HQ and share them out amongst themselves, the clubs, the sponsors etc. There's certainly not going to be any on general sale behind the bar. There's plenty of Cork and Clare men involved in the game here too so I presume there's more demand than supply, and you'd be as likely to find a spare ticket in Ruislip this week as you would in Pairc Ui Chaoimh or Cusack Park.

ArAisAris (UK) - Posts: 38 - 04/09/2013 14:04:26    1474997

Link

Cheers guys, I guessed i was grasping at straws but it was worth exploring avenaues given that at the moment i don't have a ticket and i have already booked the flights etc. and spent a lot of money on flights this year to watch games. Having said that, i completely acknowledge that when demand exceeds supply, it is only right that those putting in the work at a club level have first rights. The system cannot be fairer. Someone will always lose out.

ChuckFada (Cork) - Posts: 2 - 04/09/2013 17:13:37    1475209

Link