UK Forum

London Inter county team

(Oldest Posts First)

I was just wondering what counties are the various London players from and have many of them played senior county football,I know Gottsche played with Galway and McMenamin playedwith Donegal,Mulligan played a bit with Monaghan.

Hardasnails (Monaghan) - Posts: 288 - 27/03/2013 12:20:54    1357156

Link

Dont really know too much about the squad this year but usually they would all (bar one or two late developers) have county experience at either minor or senior. I guess more than half would have inter county experience before London. Mulvey was with Cavan and the keeper has played county too. You may think going on the results most are average club players but its more the London lifestyle that impacts the results! Booze and the many varieties of wimen dont help!! Some will also have a long tube commute to training (if they get there) which means late home and impacts diet and whatnot!! The protein and bed get swapped for guinness and the swan!

marksman (Overseas) - Posts: 26 - 27/03/2013 14:18:03    1357269

Link

I doubt you've seen these lads training or playing much this year then. The current squad are decent footballers, a pretty dedicated bunch and have been unlucky not to win 3-4 of their games.

jimbo66 (UK) - Posts: 22 - 27/03/2013 15:27:31    1357376

Link

I agree they would be decent enough ball players but i'm just saying the distraction of London makes things more difficult. I know they are getting close and its good to see it but once you walk out of Ruislip nobody knows you....your not getting the constant reminder that the corner back roasted you on Sunday! At home football is a county players life over here its different.

marksman (Overseas) - Posts: 26 - 28/03/2013 09:11:31    1357753

Link