UK Forum

Defibrillator In Ruislip - Accountability Please

(Oldest Posts First)

Thankfully a young hurler who captained London this season is in good health following his scare at the weekend for Kilburn Gaels. The professionals in attendance did a fantastic job by all accounts.

However the article regarding the possibility of the defibrillator not working properly and increasing risk to life is unacceptable and wrong.

A full investigation needs to take place. if it was the case, then accountability at the top must take place starting with the removal of the Chairman of the Board. I have been embarrassed on a number of occasions to see the County Board Chairman roaring and swearing at players to get off the Ruislip pitch at half time etc as if this is the single most important role Duty. The Chairman and the board should instead be more focused on safety of players and patrons of those who come through the gate as a priority first and foremost.

fancyaride (Mayo) - Posts: 141 - 03/10/2018 19:17:31    2145005

Link

Replying To fancyaride:  "Thankfully a young hurler who captained London this season is in good health following his scare at the weekend for Kilburn Gaels. The professionals in attendance did a fantastic job by all accounts.

However the article regarding the possibility of the defibrillator not working properly and increasing risk to life is unacceptable and wrong.

A full investigation needs to take place. if it was the case, then accountability at the top must take place starting with the removal of the Chairman of the Board. I have been embarrassed on a number of occasions to see the County Board Chairman roaring and swearing at players to get off the Ruislip pitch at half time etc as if this is the single most important role Duty. The Chairman and the board should instead be more focused on safety of players and patrons of those who come through the gate as a priority first and foremost."
Fancyaride,

Defibrillators are designed to not fire if they are not needed, in order to save lives from unnecessary shocks. If it didn't go off, it wasn't needed. If it is broken, it is not the fault of the chairman - I imagine he is not a defibrillator technician/salesman/tradesman and the defib was bought in good faith.

shakespeare (UK) - Posts: 27 - 05/10/2018 12:05:47    2145262

Link