Tyrone Forum

Tyrone SFC, IFC and JFC 2015

(Oldest Posts First)

Any predictions for the Championship lads? Can Omagh win successive SFC, Who will win the lottery that is the IFC and who can step up in an ultra competitive JFC?

Senior: Clonoe or Carrickmore are set for a big year i believe
Intermediate: Edendork
Junior: Brackaville or Castlederg

So_it_is (Fermanagh) - Posts: 40 - 28/05/2015 14:45:09    1729506

Link

Senior: Donaghmore
Intermediate: Derrytresk
Junior: Glenelly

Mortise (UK) - Posts: 134 - 29/05/2015 11:10:53    1729864

Link

The Intermediate Championship is in full swing with 3 games played over weekend so far. On Friday night Urney overcame Eskra in Killyclogher. Last night Dungannon hosted 2 local derby games in damp conditions. In the first game Cookstown beat Stewartstown by a point having been 4 points behind at half time. Stewartstown won't be happy with their second half performance scoring just 1 point. In the second game Galbally won this local derby against Killeeshil 2-18 to 0-0. With both teams at opposite ends of the league table before throw in you would have expected this game to be one sided but I wouldn't have expected it so one sided. Would this be the first time a club has failed to score in a Tyrone championship game?

Today we have 2 more Intermediate games. Pomeroy V Derrytresk and Derrylaughan V Aghyaran. In these 2 games I'll go for a Pomeroy and Aghyaran win.

tir_eoghain_abu (Tyrone) - Posts: 773 - 31/05/2015 10:10:45    1730409

Link

Senior: Coalisland
Intermediate: Cookstown
Junior: Brackaville

Byanthon (Tyrone) - Posts: 1534 - 31/05/2015 11:20:14    1730426

Link

A Omagh v Carrickmore (Omagh)
B Dromore v Ardboe (Dromore)
C Strabane v Augher (Strabane)
D Dungannon v Trillick (Dungannon)
E Moy v Donaghmore (Moy)
F Errigal Ciaran v Killyclogher (Errigal)
G Clonoe v Coalisland (Clonoe Edge it)
H Greencastle v Eglish (Eglish)

Dromore v Omagh (Dromore)
Strabane v Errigal (Errigal)
Moy v Clonoe (Clonoe)
Dungannon v Eglish (Tight)

Taken this from teamtalk - I see in another thread that someone has tipped carrickmore or Clonoe to win Senior C'ship but starting off against the holders Omagh isn't going to be a walk in the park and i think that Omagh will beat them. This fixture or Clonoe v C'Island will be the games of the round I think with at least 2 big names going out and ive predicted along with Killyclogher and Adrboe.

One team (out of 4) may have the chance to build momentum in this years championship with Trillick v Dungannon and Eglish v GC and the winners facing each other to reach the semi-final gives these teams an opportunity to create an upset. Personally I think Dungannon or Trillick will defeat the winners of Eglish/GC in the opening round but I'm giving this to Dungannon.

Unfortunately (depends what way you look at it) The winners of F (Errigal Ciaran v Killyclogher) and G (Clonoe v Coalisland) Can nearly guarantee a place in this years semi going onto to play weaker opposition in Strabane/Augher and Moy/Donaghmore. Strabane have caused a few upsets along the way to date but don't think they'll be a match for Errigal or K'clogher

Comment I made in a previous thread can't say i'm too surprised by the result of Greencastle beating Eglish with the winners going on to play either Dungannon or Trillick still see the semis being as far as either of these teams are going to get due to playing a far superior team in the latter stages. This Sunday will be a great weekend for football with the remaining teams playing.

Can't see why they didn't put Omagh v Carrickmore and Dungannon v Trillick in a double header in Loughmacrory , obviously ticket money but to have a game on a Fri evening I think is unfair to both Omagh and Carrickmore.

Find_the_space (Tyrone) - Posts: 292 - 01/06/2015 10:57:44    1730766

Link

01/06/2015 10:57:44
Find_the_space
County: Tyrone

Can't see why they didn't put Omagh v Carrickmore and Dungannon v Trillick in a double header in Loughmacrory , obviously ticket money but to have a game on a Fri evening I think is unfair to both Omagh and Carrickmore.

I think The Dungannon v Trillick game was moved from Loughmacrory to Killyclogher because Loughmacrory were playing the same day and were unable to stewart it, so this may be the reason its not in the Lough.

But what a weekend of championship football we have to look forward to. Going to be an interesting night in Edendork on Sunday.

Omagh v Carrickmore - Penrose & Co will have too much for the holders
Dungannon v Trillick - Wont be hard to get Trillick motivated for this one. Depends a lot on the fitness of Mattie Donnelly and Daire Gallagher though
Moy v Donaghamore - Big Sean the hero in a dour affair
Clonoe v Coalisland - tight one to call, couldn't rule out a replay
Strabane v Augher - Two teams struggling for real form but i think Strabane will edge it
Errigal Ciaran v Killyclogher - Errigal's big match experience will shine through

Moortown v Edendork - Edendork to win comfortably, McCurry to score 10+
Kildress v Loughmacrory - Two teams i know little about, however going on league form you would have to give Kildress the nod
Rock v Gortin - Rock love the championship

So_it_is (Fermanagh) - Posts: 40 - 03/06/2015 16:46:51    1732060

Link

Last night saw the completion of round 1 in the Intermediate championship. Loughmacrory overcame Kildress with a 1 point win while Rock beat Gortin 1-12 to 1-09. We now play Cookstown in the quarter final and will look at how close we came to beating them in the 2012 semi final. Round 1 has saw Eskra, Pomeroy, Killeeshil, Gortin, Aghyaran, Kildress, Moortown and Stewartstown all make an exit.

Quarter Finals

Rock V Cookstown
Galbally V Derrylaughan
Urney V Loughmacrory
Edendork V Derrytresk

tir_eoghain_abu (Tyrone) - Posts: 773 - 07/06/2015 09:56:07    1733400

Link

Dromore v Omagh
Strabane v Kilyclougher
Donaghmore v Coalisland
Trillick v G'Castle

Cant say there's too much of a surprise looking at the final 8, a lot of tight games which I did call wrong in the 1st round.

Dromore and Omagh
Game of the round. Omagh holding carrickmore to 3 scores but only scoring one in six min average isnt the greatest return and think that Dromore will be more prepared for them that carrickmore was. Penrose seeing red didnt help matters but see this being a fierce encounter. Think that Dromore will be more disciplined than carrickmore and will be able to turn the holders over.
Dromore

Coalisland v Donaghmore
Looking at coalisland yesterday for the first time this year it looks like McGuckin and Thorton have them playing great defensively keeping McAliskey and PJ Lavery out of the game as much as possible. Donaghmore were in control of their game against the Moy, never trailed during the entire game and may start to question Moy's ability to maintain Div 1 Status this year. The difference in intensity and class of football between the two games was chalk and cheese. Coalisland

Trillick v Greencastle
Don't think either team will be challenging for the title this year and if they do get to the final I think they will be easily beat. Trillick have a great squad of players obviously including the two donnellys and Brennans. I think they will do enough to make their way into the semis.
Trillick

Kilyclougher v Strabane
League holders v relegation struglers, think this will be a year to keep an eye in K'clougher playing some great football and may be a tough team to get stopped and don't believe that strbane would have the players to stop them.
Kilyclougher

If C'land, K'clougher, Omagh/Dromore draw Trillick/Greencastle i think it would be safe to but one of them teams into the final. They are two good teams but dont think that they would be able to put up a fight against the bigger names of senior football.

Find_the_space (Tyrone) - Posts: 292 - 08/06/2015 15:07:56    1734140

Link

Be hard to look past dromore. They have the motivation as well as McCusker and McCarron compared to last year but don't get me wrong will be very close.
Coalisland and Killyclogher should make light work of Donaghmore and Strabane.
Greencastle and Trillick is a tough one to call. Trillick very impressive the other night and lee Brennan looks a proper gem of a player. But Greencastle are no bad team and know trillick as well as they know anyone and with players like Warnock,Clarke and the McCullaghs they'll give trillick their fill of it. I'd say trillick to scrape it by a point or two.

tyronelegend (Tyrone) - Posts: 270 - 08/06/2015 17:07:36    1734214

Link

Any truth to the rumour that Warnock and John McCullagh are heading stateside over the summer?

So_it_is (Fermanagh) - Posts: 40 - 09/06/2015 12:30:05    1734568

Link

So_it_is
County: Fermanagh

Any truth to the rumour that Warnock and John McCullagh are heading stateside over the summer?

Heard that Warnock and both McCullaghs, John and Cahir, were for the US.

werty123 (Tyrone) - Posts: 66 - 12/06/2015 13:36:52    1736033

Link