Tyrone Forum

All Ireland Championship 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Fermanagh vs Kildare : Very impressed with Kildare on Saturday their ability to kick 21 points should see them overcome Fermanagh's defence.

Laois vs Monaghan : Monaghan have drawn all Division 4 teams to qualify via the backdoor. I can not remember that happening before and I will take them to win.

Cork vs Tyrone : Tyrone have never beaten Cork in the championship and 2009 was one of the few times Tyrone were completely outclassed. Still hard to believe Cork can recover from the beating Kerry give them and I go for Tyrone narrowly.

Roscommon vs Armagh : Hardest to call but maybe Roscommon have played at a higher league standard over the last few years and this may stand

Byanthon (Tyrone) - Posts: 1604 - 02/07/2018 16:36:48    2117798

Link

Replying To Byanthon:  "Fermanagh vs Kildare : Very impressed with Kildare on Saturday their ability to kick 21 points should see them overcome Fermanagh's defence.

Laois vs Monaghan : Monaghan have drawn all Division 4 teams to qualify via the backdoor. I can not remember that happening before and I will take them to win.

Cork vs Tyrone : Tyrone have never beaten Cork in the championship and 2009 was one of the few times Tyrone were completely outclassed. Still hard to believe Cork can recover from the beating Kerry give them and I go for Tyrone narrowly.

Roscommon vs Armagh : Hardest to call but maybe Roscommon have played at a higher league standard over the last few years and this may stand"
Agree with this.
Roscommon vs Armagh will be tight. Ros to win it just.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1699 - 04/07/2018 18:00:07    2118576

Link

Tyrone 0-14 Dublin 1-14
Good performance for our Tyrone lads considering they met the top rated Dubs. However, we need to tidy up on the shooting because the result could have been different only for those wides. So it's off to Balybofey to challemge Donegal which should be interesting.

Up4it. (Tyrone) - Posts: 188 - 21/07/2018 21:33:35    2124397

Link

Thanks for the hospitality on Saturday evening lads..

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13496 - 23/07/2018 11:12:57    2125064

Link

Thought the atmosphere in Healy Park on Saturday night was fantastic, with my memory stretching as far back as the eighties I'm struggling to remember a better one. Both sets of fans and everyone involved in the event management from the St Endas club deserve immense credit.

When you are met inside the turnstile by an All-Ireland winner (Justy McMahon) selling halftime draw tickets you are reminded even on a big night for inter-county football of the importance of Club.

On the match it's self I was disappointed at the time and remain so in the lack of players Tyrone had joining into their counter attacks in the first half. I realise this may well have been an element of game management in trying to reserve energy for the end of the game but I just felt that it gave an early impetuous to the Dubs and we were always chasing them as a result and even with our power packed finish just fell short.

We're not far off them and I think this team have it in them to get the results needed to earn another crack at the Dubs, oh and what an occasion that would be.

downredhand (Tyrone) - Posts: 550 - 23/07/2018 11:15:30    2125067

Link

Any of ye want to swap hurling tickets for football ?has to b 2

Timmy86 (Sligo) - Posts: 89 - 14/08/2018 10:28:17    2133071

Link