Sligo Forum

Well done Sligo Rovers

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Daragh Tuffy was 1 of the best players ever to play in Sligo/Leitrim league, he also played for Ireland, he was unlucky when he signed for Blackburn to get 2 serious injuries, he was also a very good GAA player.

allSOran (Sligo) - Posts: 690 - 22/11/2010 09:26:53    820447

Link

Some people on this site make me sick with their nonsensical comments, I remember seeing DARRAGH TUFFY playing both soccer and gaelic and to question his abilility is nothing short of ridiculous and im not an Enniscrone man, Grange in fact.

His rising career was cut short by injury and if you talk to anybody who actually knows anything about soccer will tell you he had indeed "made it". Darragh bounced back from one horrendous injury only to do the other knee later. He was highly rated in England.

As a gaa player in the u16 grade at the time, he was the outstanding player on view and a nicer lad you would not meet. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but please have the facts right.

I hope this elucidates the DARRAGH TUFFY debate. p.s. I hope Darragh gets involved in coaching as he has a ot to offer. Darragh 4 Begrudgers 0

myleft (Sligo) - Posts: 41 - 22/11/2010 13:18:04    820642

Link

ya i have the same feeling too myleft

hksapexi (Sligo) - Posts: 36 - 22/11/2010 18:33:24    820996

Link