Monaghan Forum

Group Draws

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I don't think it's just the Junior Championship the refereeing is poor, just take a look at the names doing the senior matches this past two weekends. The reality is there's only 3 or 4 referees in Monaghan who are capable of handling a championship football match but it's all over the GAA. There is absolutely no incentive for anyone to be a referee. There are loads of past players who would make excellent referees but why would they?

On the streaming of matches fair play to the clubs especially in south Monaghan where the quality has been excellent, free of charge. Any club charging for it should take a serious look at themselves.

CurlyFingers (Monaghan) - Posts: 49 - 03/08/2020 21:28:15    2286253

Link

Replying To CurlyFingers:  "I don't think it's just the Junior Championship the refereeing is poor, just take a look at the names doing the senior matches this past two weekends. The reality is there's only 3 or 4 referees in Monaghan who are capable of handling a championship football match but it's all over the GAA. There is absolutely no incentive for anyone to be a referee. There are loads of past players who would make excellent referees but why would they?

On the streaming of matches fair play to the clubs especially in south Monaghan where the quality has been excellent, free of charge. Any club charging for it should take a serious look at themselves."
Yes standard of refereeing has been poor definitely in the senior games that I have seen. Goal for Carrick shouldn't have stood on the account of over carrying us just one example of many. At the end of the day it's one mans job to decide on each referee for every game, and imo that person isn't doing their assigned role to the standard required. And I feel that not enough is being done by referees in terms of reviewing their own performances, ie reviewing games and decisions that they made and got wrong, and looking to correct them. Some referees would tell you that once the game is over and they send away the report, they do nothing more

monman246 (Monaghan) - Posts: 56 - 03/08/2020 23:53:30    2286267

Link

Replying To monman246:  "Yes standard of refereeing has been poor definitely in the senior games that I have seen. Goal for Carrick shouldn't have stood on the account of over carrying us just one example of many. At the end of the day it's one mans job to decide on each referee for every game, and imo that person isn't doing their assigned role to the standard required. And I feel that not enough is being done by referees in terms of reviewing their own performances, ie reviewing games and decisions that they made and got wrong, and looking to correct them. Some referees would tell you that once the game is over and they send away the report, they do nothing more"
Refereeing all weekend was poor in the games I seen. The Drumhowan scotstown game was a shambles Drumhowan had a man shown 2 yellows no red he went off himself thinking the red was coming and Drumhowan threw on a 15th player surely the county board will review that one. Blayney could of had 4-5 black cards in the first half of their game. Sean's and oram had a major mix up with cards also.

agaa (Monaghan) - Posts: 18 - 04/08/2020 00:32:50    2286269

Link