Mayo Forum

Club Championship 2016

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To footie16:  "Mayo Intermedaite Semi Finals:

Kiltimagh V Burrishoole

Two dark horses in this year championship.
Kiltimagh have been beating teams for fun this year.
Burrishoole have beaten Islandeady with Jason Doherty scoring 1-9 out of 1-12 is a huge boost and momentum.
Both teams will fancy thier chances.

Burrishoole by 1

Westport V Shrule/Glencorib

Both teams are very experienced as both teams were Senior in 2014.
Both teams met 2weeks ago with Westport winning 1-17 0-11 without Lee Keegan.
Shrule/Glencorrib have return with a bang beating favourites Belmullet last weekend so confident will be up and T.Mortimer back.

Westport by 3

Mayo Semi Finals:

Breaffy V Knockmore

Both teams for me will not win title.
Crossmolina pushed Breaffy all the way last weekend until Breaffy cop on scoring 1-6 in the last 15 mins.
Seen Knockmore twice this year and still not lack scoring touch kicking to many wides.
Both teams neee to improve.

Breaffy by 2

Castlebar Mitchell's V Ballintubber

Whoever win this game will go on to win the title.
Since 2010 Ballintubber have been Castlebar bogey team losing 4 and winning 1 championship game.
Ballintubber have beaten Castlebar in 3 Finals and didn't get past a Connacht title. While Castlebar won 2 County Title without playing Ballintubber and ended up winning 2Connacht titles and losing 2 All-Ireland Finals.
Tough game but should be a cracker

Castlebar by 1 finally"
castlebar & breaffy

kiltimagh & westport

royrover (Mayo) - Posts: 24 - 17/10/2016 23:41:09    1927129

Link

Can someone explain to me....knowing that time is tight to finish championships that extra time could not have been played if a game is level. Very unfair on the winners of Shrule and Westport

Tizcold (Galway) - Posts: 233 - 23/10/2016 17:08:32    1928451

Link

Replying To Tizcold:  "Can someone explain to me....knowing that time is tight to finish championships that extra time could not have been played if a game is level. Very unfair on the winners of Shrule and Westport"
No extra time inn championship,accorfing to rule book. The senior relegation is also put. Back. Four. Weeks cos of no extra time in ballygar is v claremorris game. Should be extra time in all games. Club players and management going since last jan.

rober (Mayo) - Posts: 206 - 23/10/2016 23:11:11    1928519

Link

Mayo Intermedaite Final 2016

Kiltimagh V Westport

Kiltimagh have been keeping quiet this year and putting up some great performances and have fine footballers in Malees, Lydons, E. Lavin, Gallaghers and TJ Byrne.

Westport also playing better in each game as it go. Lee/Paul Keegan
and Lewis Cawley.
I feel that Westport playing last Saturday draw, lastnight (Wednesday win over Shrule/Glencorrib) and playing again on Saturday.

It's a factor Kiltimagh will be fresher while Westport will be fatigue.

Westport by 2

Mayo Senior Final 2016:

Castlebar Mitchell's V Knockmore

Castlebar have finally beaten Ballintubber in championship football but it will count for nothing if they beat Knockmore.

Knockmore awaiting for title since 1997 I have seen them twice this Kiltane & Aghamore and couldn't see them winning a title.
They need to be ruthless up front with C.Reape and 2 Ruttleadge because they are kicking to many wides.

Castlebar may more experience but don't have a natural forward only Neil Douglas.

Hope it be a good game and no defensively football because Castlebar and Knockmore play good football.

Castlebar by 3

footie16 (Mayo) - Posts: 168 - 27/10/2016 18:20:11    1929620

Link

Will Westport go far in Connacht club,?playing a Galway team on Sunday

FoolsGold (Cavan) - Posts: 1911 - 04/11/2016 16:47:23    1931589

Link

Great to see Westport doing so well but am disappointed in the performance of my own paris Bohola Moy Davitts. Rumours abound that the mystic Alan Regan will be leaving his teaching job in Dublin (and a promising rugby career) and returning to give the club a dig out next year. A big target man like this could be what we need to POINT us in the right direction.

areyoureddy (Leitrim) - Posts: 1 - 10/11/2016 03:25:06    1933196

Link

Replying To areyoureddy:  "Great to see Westport doing so well but am disappointed in the performance of my own paris Bohola Moy Davitts. Rumours abound that the mystic Alan Regan will be leaving his teaching job in Dublin (and a promising rugby career) and returning to give the club a dig out next year. A big target man like this could be what we need to POINT us in the right direction."
Not easy for clubs this year as the fixtures were all over the shop. Look at the senior relegation battle. Involving. Balyhaunis ballinrobe and claremorris, it won't be over till December.what a joke.

rober (Mayo) - Posts: 206 - 10/11/2016 18:32:56    1933416

Link

How will westport fair again Sean o heslins of Leitrim this weekend lads

GAAman41 (Dublin) - Posts: 87 - 17/11/2016 18:42:33    1935161

Link

I reckon a Westport & Louisburgh double this weekend. Evens with Paddy Power. Two young teams with a good blend of experience and both teams have been training hard since their County Final wins. Best of luck to them.

Alis2 (Mayo) - Posts: 20 - 18/11/2016 08:40:12    1935243

Link

And the club championship is still on going in Mayo with balyhaunis and Ballinrobe playing in the relegation final on Sunday.what a joke of a championship.

rober (Mayo) - Posts: 206 - 07/12/2016 18:17:51    1938913

Link

I agree Rober....it's awful unfair! Best of luck on Sunday! Hope ye stay up!

Tizcold (Galway) - Posts: 233 - 07/12/2016 20:18:07    1938935

Link

Replying To Tizcold:  "I agree Rober....it's awful unfair! Best of luck on Sunday! Hope ye stay up!"
Thankfully tizgold we stayed up again . Getting experience at this relegation crack.dont want. To make a habit of it.youingh team coming through now button fear that with some of them involved at minor and under 21 levels for Mayo in 2017 we will struggle in league again

rober (Mayo) - Posts: 206 - 19/12/2016 21:23:25    1941047

Link

As moyles is mentioned Im going to share an insight on the man. A man steeped in Crossmaolina (Knockmore's biggest rivals/not ballina). It could easily have been a tricky post to come in and gain the trust of the players. However he did just that. And knowing the knockmore lads I have heard glowing reports about him. They say he is second to none. His training's, his match day attitude, his preparation all fantastic and an all round great trainer. From knockmore's perspective it was a disappointing year. They didn't turn up in the final and threw the league title away. However if you look at the age profile of that team and ask anyone within the club then you'll find out that Moyles brought this team on immeasurably. Huge progress was made. Standards were raised. Leitrim can count themselves very lucky.

bonnyandclyde (Mayo) - Posts: 23 - 20/12/2016 10:44:30    1941093

Link