Leitrim Forum

Predictions for the new year? Manor to bounce back

(Oldest Posts First)

whats everyones predictions for the new year? mohill to retain?

LeitrimLoyal (Leitrim) - Posts: 16 - 23/12/2015 14:34:39    1814060

Link

Manor to bounce back? They were lucky to bounce at all in 2015... A lucky lucky team.
Lets be honest... there's not much in Leitrim club football to get excited about at the minute.

Square_B (Leitrim) - Posts: 121 - 23/12/2015 16:26:20    1814080

Link

my moneys on da willies, willies to be challenged by mohill and manor, if mulligan returns to gaels add them to mix.

totalrecall (Leitrim) - Posts: 431 - 19/01/2016 13:57:39    1817644

Link

Mohill are in the driving seat anyway, the sheer amount of underage players they are developing will mean they are at the top table for the next number of years. I feel Aughawillan are the only ones to challenge them over the next five years, they are going to have some battles, sending off ruined them last year in the Semi-Final and they like Mohill also have a very young panel with lots of county seniors and U21s. If Aidan Rooney can freshen Manor up they can as always challenge but they plundered there way to the final and it seemed like it was the dying kick of their old team. Drumshanbo, Carrick, Melvin Gaels, Dromahair and Gortletragh make up the second tier of clubs who could potentially cause a shock if they get their houses in order. I think its the strongest championship in years which can only be good for Leitrim football.

Ballinamore, The Neddies and Fenagh seem like the three strongest teams for the intermediate championship?

Does anyone know when the league fixtures are announced or when the draw for the championship is - you would think it would be soon to allow managers and players alike to plan for both training and holidays/exams etc etc?

Leitrim1234 (Leitrim) - Posts: 241 - 20/01/2016 12:48:15    1817920

Link