Leitrim Forum

Low Standards accepted as the norm!

(Oldest Posts First)

After what happened in Mayo this weekend it looks like the entire co board executive could fall on their sword over doing something in a non transparent way, but probably the one that was most palatable to the present panel of players so there was a reason for doing what they did. Now over here in Leitrim we accept multiple mistakes from the county board, we let them away with showing no ambition and we will elect like for like come the time when their tenure is up. Last 5 years has seen nothing only controversy from the County Board, no developments, awful drop in club standards and a weakening county senior team, yet expenditure is still as big as ever and the entourage is swelling in size (and numbers). Time for change.

po3nmotion (Leitrim) - Posts: 202 - 25/09/2014 09:58:06    1656808

Link

5 years is to long top table made a lot of mistakes

christopher (Donegal) - Posts: 81 - 07/10/2014 08:43:24    1660920

Link

who do we replace them with

jungle drums are quiet with only a couple of names being mentioned

UniGaa (National) - Posts: 694 - 07/10/2014 11:47:02    1660985

Link

the problem as I see it is there is a lack of good people to replace the calamitous crew that hold the power at present but clubs have it all wrong with their attitude to sending delegates to the county board. Recently retired young men with empathy towards the youngsters nowadays might help. The out of touch decision makers that are at the table will most likely be replaced by some of the old boys brigade, don't fear change, change is good. I don't want to list young men I have seen first hand make a big difference at their respective clubs but anyone in the know will have an idea who I speak of, they are the sort of people Leitrim county board could benefit from.

bananapublican (Leitrim) - Posts: 860 - 08/10/2014 11:50:40    1661381

Link