Leitrim Forum

Leitrim U21/hurlers & minors.

(Oldest Posts First)

What a great day for Leitrim GAA a hatrick of victories .Congrats to all teams and mentors.The U21 was unexpected which made victory all the more sweet and also the game unearthed several potential Seniors ,not least Tomás Mulvey,Niall Brady and any one of the defence ,all seven of whom were superb. The Hurlers one point win was equally impressive as this is the first time Leitrim Hurlers have a chance of promotion to a higher Division. Beating Roscommon at any level is sweet and none sweeter than the Rossies Minor team who last year destroyed the Green & Gold in the League.
Next Sunday our seniors take to Pairc Sean for what is their most important game in recent years. A win will help us to promotion while defeat will leave us languishing once again in the basement of football. The lads know that is the choice and I have every confidence that they will want to rub out the bad memories of Waterford with a full blooded performance.

leitrimabu1 (Leitrim) - Posts: 64 - 23/03/2014 18:35:37    1563846

Link

Beating Roscommon at any level is sweet and none sweeter than the Rossies Minor team who last year destroyed the Green & Gold in the League.

Very different Roscommon minor team this year to last. Only a few players left with little or no expectations. Going on U-16 results of the last two years and this year minor league Leitrim minors should be favourites to reach the Connacht minor final.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 2508 - 23/03/2014 19:16:42    1563880

Link

I was just eating a bag of tayto there reading that

Great weekend alright

Minors done well and I believe longford is next on their list

Hurlers have made history and if they keep up this work rate no doubt they will have a set of medals this year and hopefully the good run will follow trough into the lory Meagher championship well done team and manager

The u21's firstly great achievement by the players and well played to perfect the drills on the field great bunch of lads

Their manager I have good time for I like his game alot might disagree with the structure of the game Donegal Tyrone monaghan down Armagh are playing but it's currently the only competitive provincial championship in GAA football where any team can beat Tyrone down Donegal Armagh on any given day as monaghan did last summer in clones.

I've been drumming on for a while about introducing a dropping back style game (defensive as the likes of mcstay and spillane call it

It's the future of the game as gone are the days when a ball is kicked 70 yards up the field and returns back seconds later from another long highhope kick

A short support game is what we need at all levels

Great work by management and team at u21 since Christmas keep it going the rewards are great when a connacht final is won and even greater when a cup is awaiting to be lifted in croke park infront of 10's of thousands of supporters

Next weekend hopefully will be a battle to the death to win and lets hope all senior players arerrecovered from flu and injury

LIATROIM ABU

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 23/03/2014 21:42:07    1563952

Link