Leitrim Forum

THE MISSING TEAM

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

karim_benzema
I do apologise as I had made a mistake in saying that you had said a few pints. You had said one night and then increased that in your reply. Look i'm not on here to have any digs at an individual poster. You have your views, i have mine. Don't be trying to make out that you know all the story and that there is no other angle on this.
End of story!

PaddyWagon123 (Leitrim) - Posts: 19 - 03/07/2013 09:09:29    1422339

Link

liverpoollad, im not talkin through my nunu you are though, why dont you concentrate on issues over in liverpool and leave us alone here in Liatroim! Nothing wrong with goin for pints even the week before the game as long as your not goin against the managment, End of! Barney and George to stay on

nunu (Leitrim) - Posts: 81 - 03/07/2013 10:31:08    1422420

Link

NUNU Are you for real it is Ok to go for pints the week before a game if the managment go with the team is that what you are saying, If you were reading what Colin regan said in the Observer that the managment did not no how to set there team up. To quote Colin " I felt we were set up badly from a tactical prespective". Time and time again we marked space instead of players, " Enda Williams isen't a marking centre back at the best of times, there seemed to be and a lack of man marking across the half back line" Last sunday proved just what most supporters thought ,starting an injured mulligan was a waste, no croal to be seen. Cox should he been on earlier, I could go on and on, but I will reserve judgemant until after the Armagh game.

saintly (Leitrim) - Posts: 536 - 03/07/2013 13:59:45    1422731

Link

Nothing worse happened Leitrim than Sligo or indeed many others counties but I do believe that County management in a lot of counties has lost the run of itself.When the pool is small maximum use has got to be the top priority ,sending lads home because they had a few pints is crazy and making it public is lunacy.This applies to all counties with limited resources. In the bigger counties with so much talent available dropping players and making them scapegoats usually does not have a severe impact.A good man manager could have dealt with the problem inhouse and got the message across to the offending players in a manner that would not have disrupted team spirit rather it would have strengthened it further.Not easy but that is what is required when a county has such a small pool of quality players.

Maggiepie (Sligo) - Posts: 205 - 03/07/2013 15:38:35    1422903

Link

PaddyWagon, I DO know all the story. EXACTLY what happened so why don't you zip it.

karim_benzema (Leitrim) - Posts: 134 - 03/07/2013 15:54:32    1422931

Link

Well said Maggiepie, you can see this and you from outside the County. Cheers

liverpoollad (Leitrim) - Posts: 54 - 03/07/2013 15:56:39    1422936

Link

liverpoollad, he is right, even if he is outside county. Terrible man management, lying to the media saying 'squads team spirit is high as ever' and saying we were fully prepared when clearly in the first half in Hyde park we were abysmal. Management have to go, new rules need to be in place but they CANT be as strenious. Like Mc Keon and the Beirnes are class footballers, without doubt and they clearly hit the beer a bit but would they do it 2-3 weeks before a championship game for their club?! Of course not. This is where the line needs to be drawn. These lads WANT to play, gave 6 months committment, went out 5 weeks before the next game and got dropped. I think its perfectly ok for a new manager to come in and say right lads, train hard, put in the effort, I don't want ye drinking at all but definitely not 2-3 weeks before championship and they will heed this. They clearly want to play like.

karim_benzema (Leitrim) - Posts: 134 - 03/07/2013 16:10:31    1422955

Link

[email protected] You picked me up wrong there I was saying how people outside the County can see it and we can't, and cheers to him for posting in. There was a post from Mayo on here as well and he was saying the same thing, so why cant we see it on our own County. This was the one year that things were going really well with the FBD league win and people were excited about what was to come in the summer months, but then the saga began. Don't get me wrong any of you the boys were wrong to do what they did, but the same boys would have gone on to play their hearts out for their County. That young Moran lad did nothing wrong, out with his clubmates for a night out. I think the Management were so sure of getting to the FInal without the lads. The County boys I am devastated for as they have the potential to be a great team, and which I hope they will show on Saturday week. Thats all I'm saying. Its such a shame.

liverpoollad (Leitrim) - Posts: 54 - 03/07/2013 17:55:20    1423090

Link

a big orchard is better than any sunbed

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 04/07/2013 13:29:44    1423596

Link

Are you putting mulligan in the orchard,he will not be fit ,

saintly (Leitrim) - Posts: 536 - 04/07/2013 13:48:02    1423620

Link

if this bunch were kept together for 2/3 years with the right management and guidance there might be a connacht final in us, we arent due in london or NY for a few years so we would rely on a decent home draw in a 1/4 or semi final, the potential is there but not the guidance, some of which starts at home with the clubs also and not just the management

UniGaa (National) - Posts: 694 - 04/07/2013 13:49:02    1423624

Link