Leitrim Forum

Allianz Football Division 4- 2013

(Oldest Posts First)

I see the fixture list for Division 4 is out and Leitrim have there work cut out if they are going to gain promotion, from it. Sunday Feb 3rd away to Limerick a game in which we need to win to give us the confidence, to achieve our goal. Feb 10th home to Clare, March 3rd away to Carlow, March 10th home to Offaly, March 16th Sat home to Waterford, March 24th away to Tipperarey, April 7th home to London. Four home games and three away which is a good draw. How I would love us to beat Limerick, for the way they defeated us the last time we played them in Kilmallock. When the then John Mac Keown, kicked a point, only for the match official to cancel it out, after he ruled he had blown the whistle for half time, when the ball was in flight. On that day Limerick needed a draw, while a win would have us in promotion status. So I hope that Emlyn Mulligan, James Clancy, of whom were on the panel that day, will carry that hurt into our dressing room, on the 3rd of February, and get Leitrim reved up. I hope we win promotion in 2013, and lift the spirits of Leitrim

scorpio (Leitrim) - Posts: 37 - 10/10/2012 09:57:00    1280957

Link

"I see the fixture list for Division 4 is out and Leitrim have there work cut out if they are going to gain promotion, from it. Sunday Feb 3rd away to Limerick a game in which we need to win to give us the confidence, to achieve our goal. Feb 10th home to Clare, March 3rd away to Carlow, March 10th home to Offaly, March 16th Sat home to Waterford, March 24th away to Tipperrey, April 7th home to London. Four home games and three away which is a good draw. How I would love us to beat Limerick, for the way they defeated us the last time we played them in Kilmallock. When the then John Mac Keown, kicked a point, only for the match official to cancel it out, after he ruled he had blown the whistle for half time, when the ball was in flight. On that day Limerick needed a draw, while a win would have us in promotion status. So I hope that Emlyn Mulligan, James Clancy, of whom were on the panel that day, will carry that hurt into our dressing room, on the 3rd of February, and get Leitrim reved up. I hope we win promotion in 2013, and lift the spirits of Leitrim

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The way I see it Limerick(A) and Tipperary(A) would probably be the strongest teams. Leitrim, Clare (H), Offaly(H) probably next, then Waterford(H) and Carlow(A) followed by London(H). But the differences are small and practically each of the teams could beat each other on the day.

The down-side for me is away to the top two contenders, HOWEVER if we were to win one of those matches, then with home matches against Clare, Offaly, Waterford and London plus a potentially winable away match in Carlow (which we never do, by the way!!!), we should definitely be in the shake-up. Huge match in Kilmallock alright - win and we are in great shape.

Solo Run (None) - Posts: 313 - 10/10/2012 11:08:01    1281002

Link

I can't wait for the Clare game in carrick their Beurs ate savage

I think we will be contenders for a div 4 league final v tipp

And if so it will be a good warm up before our championship kicks off

Laitroim abu

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 10/10/2012 18:29:22    1281313

Link