Leitrim Forum

Melvin Gaels Success!

(Oldest Posts First)

Firstly well done to Melvin Gaels on their convincing victory yesterday, had to listen to it on the wireless due to working abroad but K Blessing kept us well informed. The team on paper seems a very formidable outfit with the right mix of class and endeavour which should stand them in good stead in Connacht. I see Paddy Power has them at 66/1 to win the provincial title but few clubs could have the likes of Mulligan, Sheridan, Phelans(2), Regan, Brennans(2), McMorrow and Ryan with the others decent players too. This team has more experience than even I dare say Glencar/Manor and because of this I think they can represent Leitrim very well in the next few weeks. At 66/1 I think everyone should have a pop at those odds as wintry conditions and wet fields should suit the robust style of the Gaels. Anyway from a county Leitrim man I wish them the best and hopefully they curb the celebrations in Kinlough to give it a real crack.

bananapublican (Leitrim) - Posts: 861 - 08/10/2012 18:32:55    1280158

Link

Here here. But jes its only monday ya wouldn't begrudge them a few days celebration.Billys song is going strong no doubt. It was a brillant effort and fantastic achievement in winning intermediate and then senior. Great odds if they get by brigids but it will be a tough ask. But the way their playing you'd have to give dem every chance. Enjoy the party lads!:D

fresherman (Leitrim) - Posts: 218 - 08/10/2012 19:04:17    1280173

Link

well done Melvin Gaels. Great achievment! Im sure they will do leitrim proud in Connaught!

Who do they play now does anyone know?

LeitrimMad1 (Leitrim) - Posts: 43 - 09/10/2012 10:53:02    1280367

Link

Winners of Roscommon C'ship - St.Brigids v Padraig Pearses, Brigids strong favourites I presume. Home advantage for Roscommon team I think.

Solo Run (None) - Posts: 313 - 09/10/2012 12:56:31    1280449

Link

bananarepublic good to hear from you again. I had noticed your absence in the past few months. If I may slander my own environment I have to say that Roscommon senior football is far ahead of Leitrim club football. I attended a Bridgids game recently with a friend from Roscommon and they had karol mannion and kilbride in the full forward line. That just gives you an example of the pedigree of the rest of the team if they can afford to leave both these county men close to goal and even though it was a working progress the day I saw it, it still had the resemblance of a force to be reckoned with both inside and outside the Provence. I wish MG the best and will be shouting for them but as recent trends have shown us Leitrim clubs tend to come up short in the Provençal side of things.

tellmemore (Leitrim) - Posts: 23 - 09/10/2012 16:29:42    1280633

Link

Well done to Melvin Gaels and their Manager Billy Gavigan.It was a great win, by far the better team. I played against most of the gaels player's two years ago when they were relagatedand they were at rock bottom and to see these player's now, Gavigan seems to have put pride back in them. they play like a team that would die for each other. looking at his record in the program as a player and Manager is next to none, we could do with someone like him with the county scene

would

christopher (Donegal) - Posts: 81 - 09/10/2012 19:45:24    1280782

Link