Leitrim Forum

Qualifiers 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Terry's problem was that he changed up a successful team that won us the first five league games and brought in others for the league final who weren't up to the task unfortunately.
To say his position should be considered is bewildering and beyond the pale and mischievous trouble making. Give him another year to solidify our division three status and anything else is a bonus. We should back ferry to the hilt

Thelonesomegoose (Leitrim) - Posts: 177 - 27/06/2019 10:14:34    2201602

Link

Replying To flavinisbetterthannerney:  "I was surprised to hear your star player commentating on our game at the weekend. Was there a falling out with the manager or was he just past being picked for the first team?"
TBF he hasn't been our star player for a few years now.I would hope our management team were at the U20 game last night as we seem to have a few good young lads coming through who will need proper direction on S+C ect.

moesyzlack (USA) - Posts: 143 - 27/06/2019 11:17:09    2201632

Link

Replying To Forgodssakeref:  "
Replying To moesyzlack:  ". "I would like to see Terry shake his management team up"
Agree 100%.I'd like to see him try and get someone like Adian Rooney on board.I don't see terry hanging round for too many years so it would be good to have someone there to take over when he departs and have some continuity. At the same time we need to sort out our underage structures or we'll never win anything."
Unbelievable Last year we were also rans in D4. This year the lads gave us a spring to remember, a brilliant day on croker where we ran Derry to a few points, won a qualifier for only the third time ever and generally restored pride and respectability. Yet all I se on some posts is negativity. Got Gods sake will we give the manager and his team a chance to reflect on 2019 and build for next year
Leitrim are currently a work in progress and if anything we over achieved this year. So let's settle down and see what the club championship throws up"
Well said. What a bunch of moaners, conspiracy theorists and all round negativity. The snide remarks about Emlyn Mulligan is typical of the attitude of posters who are generally a small unrepresentative group that real supporters just laugh at and like me don't take too much here very seriously. You can be certain the the much aligned members of the Co Board don't pay attention to this forum so keep talking rubbish to yourselves!

leitrimabu1 (Leitrim) - Posts: 64 - 27/06/2019 20:27:39    2201867

Link

Replying To leitrimabu1:  "
Replying To Forgodssakeref:  "[quote=moesyzlack:  ". "I would like to see Terry shake his management team up"
Agree 100%.I'd like to see him try and get someone like Adian Rooney on board.I don't see terry hanging round for too many years so it would be good to have someone there to take over when he departs and have some continuity. At the same time we need to sort out our underage structures or we'll never win anything."
Unbelievable Last year we were also rans in D4. This year the lads gave us a spring to remember, a brilliant day on croker where we ran Derry to a few points, won a qualifier for only the third time ever and generally restored pride and respectability. Yet all I se on some posts is negativity. Got Gods sake will we give the manager and his team a chance to reflect on 2019 and build for next year
Leitrim are currently a work in progress and if anything we over achieved this year. So let's settle down and see what the club championship throws up"
Well said. What a bunch of moaners, conspiracy theorists and all round negativity. The snide remarks about Emlyn Mulligan is typical of the attitude of posters who are generally a small unrepresentative group that real supporters just laugh at and like me don't take too much here very seriously. You can be certain the the much aligned members of the Co Board don't pay attention to this forum so keep talking rubbish to yourselves!"]I'll second that!
It has been a positive year. The main goal was achieved with a style we have not been accustomed to lately. And if the team got a bit of luck in some games, it was well earned. The performances in the championship were disappointing but in Roscommon and Clare they came up against superior teams. Hopefully what was learned in those matches will stand to the lads next spring. The priority remains the league, that's where the realistic goals are to be achieved for the foreseeable future. Based on the performances against Roscommon and Clare I'm not overly confident of the prospects in Div three, but I'm certainly looking forward to that challenge next spring.

offyertrolley (Leitrim) - Posts: 124 - 27/06/2019 21:16:45    2201887

Link

Replying To offyertrolley:  "
Replying To leitrimabu1:  "[quote=Forgodssakeref:  "[quote=moesyzlack:  ". "I would like to see Terry shake his management team up"
Well said. What a bunch of moaners, conspiracy theorists and all round negativity. The snide remarks about Emlyn Mulligan is typical of the attitude of posters who are generally a small unrepresentative group that real supporters just laugh at and like me don't take too much here very seriously. You can be certain the the much aligned members of the Co Board don't pay attention to this forum so keep talking rubbish to yourselves!"]I'll second that!
It has been a positive year. The main goal was achieved with a style we have not been accustomed to lately. And if the team got a bit of luck in some games, it was well earned. The performances in the championship were disappointing but in Roscommon and Clare they came up against superior teams. Hopefully what was learned in those matches will stand to the lads next spring. The priority remains the league, that's where the realistic goals are to be achieved for the foreseeable future. Based on the performances against Roscommon and Clare I'm not overly confident of the prospects in Div three, but I'm certainly looking forward to that challenge next spring."]In reply to flavinisbetterthannerney or whatever you call yourself now, with 8 posts to your name...I can't remember all the other names you have used in the past...you have a vendetta against a certain Leitrim footballer...did he clean you or your club out in a game sometime...it's getting a bit tiresome now and you are boring the test of us....

liatroim_abu (Leitrim) - Posts: 82 - 27/06/2019 21:56:54    2201901

Link

I heard a whisper that Terry Hyland may well be in the shake up for the Monaghan job, would there be any merit to that??

journeyman11 (Leitrim) - Posts: 42 - 28/06/2019 11:43:53    2202046

Link

Replying To journeyman11:  "I heard a whisper that Terry Hyland may well be in the shake up for the Monaghan job, would there be any merit to that??"
Could well believe it, who else is out there at the minute other than Cian O Neill that has inter county experience at a Division 1 or 2 level?

Got Cavan back to back promotions and got us promoted now as well so could easily see a division 1 team with potential taking a chance on him to see what he can do at the very top level. Hope it doesn't come to pass as he could really build up this Leitrim team to a strong base like he did with Cavan.

Highandmighty (Leitrim) - Posts: 23 - 19/07/2019 12:05:17    2213118

Link

Replying To Highandmighty:  "Could well believe it, who else is out there at the minute other than Cian O Neill that has inter county experience at a Division 1 or 2 level?

Got Cavan back to back promotions and got us promoted now as well so could easily see a division 1 team with potential taking a chance on him to see what he can do at the very top level. Hope it doesn't come to pass as he could really build up this Leitrim team to a strong base like he did with Cavan."
Hyland staying on. Enda Lyons has been kicked to the curb as S&C coach with Reilly taking over.

williesboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 45 - 21/07/2019 10:31:22    2213866

Link

Replying To williesboy:  "Hyland staying on. Enda Lyons has been kicked to the curb as S&C coach with Reilly taking over."
So will terry bring someone else into the managment team I'd do reilly is taking up S&C. Although I find it hard to believe as I thought the team peaked fitness wise for the league which was needed. Championship was just a matter of fulfilling the fixtures as we Never going to win. If we can get a level of fitness to stay in div 3 next season that's all is needed

Champotime18 (Leitrim) - Posts: 146 - 22/07/2019 01:27:29    2214446

Link