Kerry Forum

Galvin

(Oldest Posts First)

Just curious as a donegal gael how Galvin rates in your consciousness. I know he's never far from controversy but he's been one of my favorite players over the past couple of years. Really loved watching him when he was performing and not getting embroiled in a row/drama of some description.

Again purely as an outside I hope he stays on with Fitzmaurice as it may give him a second lease of life and I think the GAA needs characters and footballers of the class and substance of him.

Granted Kerry have had a couple of players who were handy enough with a football down the years but where would ye place Galvin on the list?

Samsforthehills (Donegal) - Posts: 1019 - 13/09/2012 14:53:15    1265656

Link

He'll stay on alright, especially with his brother-in-law as manager but Fitz needs to control him a bit. Obviously Paul's main strength is his aggression which we all know can land him into trouble sometimes. Football wise, he's clever but I felt shirked some responsibility of the ball at times this year, as in passing backwards, etc. This was probably instructions from the line but Paul is one of the best foot-passers in the game today and should be allowed to spray ball around more freely. He is still very important to Kerry as he showed in the last ten minutes against your goodselves. When Galvin plays well, Kerry play well. When he's out of line, he disrupts things. 2013 will be interesting for him no doubt.

Cute_Kerry_Hoor (Kerry) - Posts: 2518 - 13/09/2012 17:29:02    1265782

Link

Play Galvin @ No6, he possesses all the attributes to play there and could easily dictate play from there. Would be excellent under the breaks too. Better options in attack for next season, hopefully Moran can come back and really push Donaghy

Hobo (Kildare) - Posts: 79 - 14/09/2012 21:41:44    1266495

Link

Hobo
County: Kildare

1266495 Play Galvin @ No6, he possesses all the attributes to play there and could easily dictate play from there. Would be excellent under the breaks too. Better options in attack for next season, hopefully Moran can come back and really push Donaghy

Might not be a bad call at all..

aidan64 (Kerry) - Posts: 545 - 20/09/2012 13:34:41    1269531

Link