Kerry Forum

Club Championchips

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Ah ya, like you it's glad to get back into local county football again and see if any new face appears,

Hermit I know you housed in the pale so may be harder for you to keep track, came across this link last night. http://www.kerrygaa.ie/news_detail/10055387/

It's all the match day programmes showing teams and benches."
Great stuff thanks Horse, great idea by the Co Board!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5001 - 22/09/2019 14:23:26    2238253

Link

Round 2B (Losers from Rd 1, 8 teams, Open Draw, winners to Rd 3, losers exit the competition)
East Kerry v Austin Stacks
Mid Kerry v Kilcummin
Rathmore v Kenmare Shamrocks
Kenmare District v Shannon Rangers

Round 2A (Winners from Rd 1, 8 teams, Open Draw, winners go to quarter final, losers go to Round 3)
St. Kieran's v Crokes
St. Brendan's v South Kerry
West Kerry v Killarney Legion
Dingle v The Narries

The divisional teams will improve with the outing

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4087 - 22/09/2019 18:29:25    2238306

Link

Back from Tralee entertaining . Kearney and Parker from first game look the part O Brien Glenflesk did not play Jack Sherwood not being able to get out of way of goalbound shot, last kick of game, possibly stopped an East Kerry victory . Diarmuid O Connor, in flashes , and Jack Barry showed why they are county players No Back of consequence to be seen . I would not see either of the teams as Co Champions. 2nd game Seanie O Shea stood out a mile class incarnate Tommy Walsh ? What can I say ? Everyone left saying how was he not called on last Saturday he was lynchpin of KoR's victory every thing went through him 2 best backs Cormac Coffey and Dan McCarthy But Both lack inches would not see other as a solution to Kerry's defence's Gap of Dunloe My ' old retired teacher friend' who was in Killarney tells me Crokes were far too good for Rathmore Gavin White in his customary role was outstanding Tony Brosnan who was told in no uncertain terms that he did not figure in P Ks plans was by all accounts the best forward on view Why Jonathan Lyne .Killian Young . Marc Griffin and a half fit James O Donoghue occupied spaces last weekend begs a question! but Daddy knows best. East Kerry and Austin Stacks should be good value next weekend as will Dingle and K o R but still the quest goes on for men who know how to defend . Níl desperandum !

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 683 - 22/09/2019 18:34:59    2238311

Link

Was in Tralee today, 2 good games. Brendans got the better of East Kerry who will be much stronger with the Clifford brothers. Ivan Parker was very good for Brendans, very strong and direct not county standard though. Jack Barry was the dominant midfielder. I did not rate him much after a poor league but he has certainly gone up in my estimation. He got the better of Liam Kearney but Kearney was still impressive and you could see that he is a good footballer. Diarmuid O'Connor did some fantastic things. He is a very good footballer but he is much too physically weak. When he bulks up he will be a serious serious player. Moynihan kicked 2 terrible wides at the very end when East Kerry were trying to get level.

In the second game Sean O'Shea was class while Stephen O'Brien was fairly quiet. Tommy Walsh was good for Rahillys but David Moran didn't have a great game. Cormac Coffey scored a goal and did a good job on O'Brien but he's not county standard in my opinion. Gavin O'Brien did well especially when driving at the Kenmare defence. Rahillys will be closest to winning the Championship out of these 4 teams although I don't think they'll do it.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 279 - 22/09/2019 21:09:51    2238357

Link

Replying To 37sowhat:  "Back from Tralee entertaining . Kearney and Parker from first game look the part O Brien Glenflesk did not play Jack Sherwood not being able to get out of way of goalbound shot, last kick of game, possibly stopped an East Kerry victory . Diarmuid O Connor, in flashes , and Jack Barry showed why they are county players No Back of consequence to be seen . I would not see either of the teams as Co Champions. 2nd game Seanie O Shea stood out a mile class incarnate Tommy Walsh ? What can I say ? Everyone left saying how was he not called on last Saturday he was lynchpin of KoR's victory every thing went through him 2 best backs Cormac Coffey and Dan McCarthy But Both lack inches would not see other as a solution to Kerry's defence's Gap of Dunloe My ' old retired teacher friend' who was in Killarney tells me Crokes were far too good for Rathmore Gavin White in his customary role was outstanding Tony Brosnan who was told in no uncertain terms that he did not figure in P Ks plans was by all accounts the best forward on view Why Jonathan Lyne .Killian Young . Marc Griffin and a half fit James O Donoghue occupied spaces last weekend begs a question! but Daddy knows best. East Kerry and Austin Stacks should be good value next weekend as will Dingle and K o R but still the quest goes on for men who know how to defend . Níl desperandum !"
Have you a problem with Peter Keane 37?

I can remember the 2015 final where fitz dropped our captain and spiritual leader star Donaghy only to bring him on to try and save our bacon which he nearly did, then big Tommy warming up for 10 minutes Tommy was exactly what we needed at the time as Star was causing the dubs big trouble but NO fitz sends on Galvin , a guy who hadn't played for his club for over a year, fitz did that against the prodestations of Diarmuid Murphy.

Also its strange your teacher "friend" didn't tell you why tony was dropped from the panel as everyone knows ;-)

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9561 - 22/09/2019 22:00:31    2238376

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Have you a problem with Peter Keane 37?

I can remember the 2015 final where fitz dropped our captain and spiritual leader star Donaghy only to bring him on to try and save our bacon which he nearly did, then big Tommy warming up for 10 minutes Tommy was exactly what we needed at the time as Star was causing the dubs big trouble but NO fitz sends on Galvin , a guy who hadn't played for his club for over a year, fitz did that against the prodestations of Diarmuid Murphy.

Also its strange your teacher "friend" didn't tell you why tony was dropped from the panel as everyone knows ;-)"
I have nothing but the greatest admiration for Peter Keane Eamonn Fitzmaurice and all who contribute to Kerry's cause All make calls which with the benefit of hindsight may seem right or wrong All do their best and as in every aspect of life sometimes best is not good enough when better is encountered . Hopefully winter will bring to the fore some defenders to help the cause .Sport is to be enjoyed not endured So winter well May your team win the Co Championship, but if it's not Dr Crokes we would all seem to be up against it.

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 683 - 23/09/2019 05:49:26    2238410

Link