Kerry Forum

Former Kerry Player 1940'S

(Oldest Posts First)

Hi, am trying too look up some info on a Kerry player in the 1940's Tom Lawlor from Ardfert, just wondering if anyone would have a good contact regarding Kerry history.

Rosineri1 (UK) - Posts: 1774 - 22/02/2019 16:55:15    2166988

Link

Replying To Rosineri1:  "Hi, am trying too look up some info on a Kerry player in the 1940's Tom Lawlor from Ardfert, just wondering if anyone would have a good contact regarding Kerry history."
Try Mort Murphy Sport Journalist

wfkerry (USA) - Posts: 925 - 22/02/2019 19:31:44    2167003

Link

Replying To Rosineri1:  "Hi, am trying too look up some info on a Kerry player in the 1940's Tom Lawlor from Ardfert, just wondering if anyone would have a good contact regarding Kerry history."
None better than Richard Mc Elligott, historian, lecturer, author of Forging a Kingdom Richard hails from that part of county a serious writer and wonderful judge of football . He lectures in UCD . GReat game in prospect tomorrow in Corn Uí Mhuirí final , two schools that have made an enormous contribution to present plethora of talent within the county grateful to the teachers and coaches who have put so much into the development of the young players .

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 664 - 22/02/2019 19:43:47    2167005

Link

What exactly are you trying to find out about him? If you could let us know I might be able to suggest a few people to contact via e-mail if the admins allow it.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 4974 - 22/02/2019 20:31:17    2167018

Link

Replying To 37sowhat:  "None better than Richard Mc Elligott, historian, lecturer, author of Forging a Kingdom Richard hails from that part of county a serious writer and wonderful judge of football . He lectures in UCD . GReat game in prospect tomorrow in Corn Uí Mhuirí final , two schools that have made an enormous contribution to present plethora of talent within the county grateful to the teachers and coaches who have put so much into the development of the young players ."
Weeshie god rest him would have been a man to ask but unfortunately he's not around anymore.

Ya looking forward to the corn uí mhuirí final my self, PCD are very strong as are the Sem.

Can't wait to get a look at paul o'shea Again as he's some baller.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9494 - 22/02/2019 20:54:52    2167022

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Weeshie god rest him would have been a man to ask but unfortunately he's not around anymore.

Ya looking forward to the corn uí mhuirí final my self, PCD are very strong as are the Sem.

Can't wait to get a look at paul o'shea Again as he's some baller."
Totally agree on the corn ui mhuiri. It should be a great contest. Some real quality players on show. Paul O'Shea is a terrific talent alright. For me he was one of the best minors of the 5 in a row, up there with the likes of David Clifford, Mark O'Connor and Sean O'Shea!

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 271 - 22/02/2019 21:56:07    2167036

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  "Totally agree on the corn ui mhuiri. It should be a great contest. Some real quality players on show. Paul O'Shea is a terrific talent alright. For me he was one of the best minors of the 5 in a row, up there with the likes of David Clifford, Mark O'Connor and Sean O'Shea!"
100% , pauls vision to go for goal from the 45 meter line in last years semifinal when the goalie lost the ball was pure Kerryness .

He should have got an allstar and he was badly wronged imo.

I hope this wind dies down before tomorrow as it could ruin the game.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9494 - 22/02/2019 23:00:45    2167047

Link

He played twice for Kerry
1942 v Galway left half forward
1945 v Limerick right corner back

RAHKILL (Westmeath) - Posts: 384 - 22/02/2019 23:15:26    2167052

Link