Longford Forum

County Leagues

(Oldest Posts First)

I just checked the County website and I see the leagues are starting the weekend after Paddy's Day. Senior leagues starting the following week. Not sure what way the format is but looks like there are 4 divisions now with 10 and 8 teams in Divisions 1 and 2. Division 3 has 7 and Division 4 has 9. The puzzling thing for me is that Legan, Grattans and Ballymore are in Division 3. How did Ballymore end up down there considering Connollys finished second bottom of Division 2 last year?

Spinx (Longford) - Posts: 879 - 09/03/2020 16:17:52    2273072

Link

Replying To Spinx:  "I just checked the County website and I see the leagues are starting the weekend after Paddy's Day. Senior leagues starting the following week. Not sure what way the format is but looks like there are 4 divisions now with 10 and 8 teams in Divisions 1 and 2. Division 3 has 7 and Division 4 has 9. The puzzling thing for me is that Legan, Grattans and Ballymore are in Division 3. How did Ballymore end up down there considering Connollys finished second bottom of Division 2 last year?"
Yep, doesn't make sense. Division 1 stays at 10 teams. Division 2 has gone from 11 teams to 8 teams by virtue of three teams being relegated to Division 3 (Grattans, Legan and Ballymore). In fact Grattans, Connollys & Legan finished bottom 3 last year so Connollys should be down, not Ballymore (who ended the season quite a ways ahead of the bottom 3).

arcadia (Longford) - Posts: 93 - 10/03/2020 10:23:41    2273193

Link