Longford Forum

Longford 2020

(Oldest Posts First)

Since the Championship is all wrapped up we turn our intentions to the season ahead? What are our chance is div 3 which looks strong this year and the possible tier 2

Longfordman9 (Longford) - Posts: 2 - 02/11/2019 20:34:34    2247289

Link

3 games down, unbeaten with 5 points on the board. What are Longford fans thinking of now? Promotion or consolidating? I think a positive result in Newry and ye have one of the spots sewn up. After that ye have Tipp at home which ye should win, Derry away who should be out of the promotion hunt by then and who ye also have a very good record over. Then finish with Cork at home which suits ye perfectly. Cork should have promotion sealed by them and if ye do need any points in that game Cork will probably be resting lads for the league final the following week.

Oddball (Roscommon) - Posts: 763 - 10/02/2020 23:31:13    2266953

Link

I'd think a win in Down (which i'd have us a slight second favorite for) and yeah, we can get another 2-3 points along the way that would get us into the top 2. Before that game i'd say we're about 3-1 to make it.

DufusDee (Longford) - Posts: 1 - 19/02/2020 16:41:13    2268471

Link

A win in Down was unlikely to be honest. Looking at a possible 1 win from the remaining 3 games (maybe), so finishing mid table. Personally I can't see us winning any of the three remaining games. Still not Division 2 standard yet. Just don't have the depth in the squad. PD has done a good job, but we can't expect him to be a miracle maker.

arcadia (Longford) - Posts: 93 - 24/02/2020 13:50:04    2269727

Link

Replying To arcadia:  "A win in Down was unlikely to be honest. Looking at a possible 1 win from the remaining 3 games (maybe), so finishing mid table. Personally I can't see us winning any of the three remaining games. Still not Division 2 standard yet. Just don't have the depth in the squad. PD has done a good job, but we can't expect him to be a miracle maker."
Agree with that. PD credit where it's due has done a fine job with the players that presented for county duty. Great credit also goes to those players, as they have performed very well in the div thus far.

From the team that beat meath in the leinster championship in 18, there are 10 members gone off the panel. Only 2 of those are retirements. It's a real.pity, as these players along with the current crop now, would definitely be I think ok in div 2.

Ifs, buts, could've and maybe's, unfortunately.

Longfordbaz (Longford) - Posts: 144 - 05/03/2020 17:25:52    2272384

Link