Kerry Forum

Kerry V Dublin

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Is leor nod don eolach ! But I never considered any other forum other than Kerry to be appropriate as my interest in the games of the Gael take me to the county of my forefathers first and foremost. I reiterate that I have seen and supported Kerry as often as anyone going back to an All Ireland Minor semifinal against Antrim played in Tralee in 1950 Kerry is my first choice when it comes to Gaelic Football but that does not mean I am blinded to the talents of other teams and counties.Again going through life I have learned to decipher between positive helpful criticism and the blind bias of those who cannot accept that one has to settle for second from time to time Kerry have won many titles in the senior grade
37 so what Dublin have dominated the past decade with an exceptional bunch of players so what
Kerry's day will come but I never again with the frequency of the past the blue tsunami is a threat to all

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 25/09/2019 20:09:32    2239212

Link

Replying To 37sowhat:  "Is leor nod don eolach ! But I never considered any other forum other than Kerry to be appropriate as my interest in the games of the Gael take me to the county of my forefathers first and foremost. I reiterate that I have seen and supported Kerry as often as anyone going back to an All Ireland Minor semifinal against Antrim played in Tralee in 1950 Kerry is my first choice when it comes to Gaelic Football but that does not mean I am blinded to the talents of other teams and counties.Again going through life I have learned to decipher between positive helpful criticism and the blind bias of those who cannot accept that one has to settle for second from time to time Kerry have won many titles in the senior grade
37 so what Dublin have dominated the past decade with an exceptional bunch of players so what
Kerry's day will come but I never again with the frequency of the past the blue tsunami is a threat to all"
Shouldn't you say 37 well done? Kerry won 37 allirelands on the road not in their own backyard and getting the same money as every other team.

Or maybe 5 so what? dublin won 5 while playing all their games at home while being severely backed financially by the people who run the sport. What has happened with dublin and the sports governing body would not be allowed or tolerated in anyother sport.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10527 - 25/09/2019 21:21:46    2239223

Link

Wait long enough ,whether you are up or down and the wheels will turn for you too. The secret is when you are up be humble and when you are down be gracious. Sure when Kerry was winning 4 in a row there were people on about Bendix washing machines and Adidas sports gear the jealous ones then were attributing Kerry's success to sponsorship overlooking the fact that in ability you were dealing with a team for the ages , so what ! Dublin are in that pos now 'Buzzin for 1/2 a dozen' The challenge for all of us is , stop them, and stop whinging.

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 26/09/2019 10:53:29    2239320

Link

You are missing the point 37.the point we are making up or down you are no friend of kerry football.. You run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 594 - 26/09/2019 12:36:18    2239354

Link

37orso, take no notice of those narrow-minded begrudgers. You are about the only poster on here that is worth reading and who remains objective about how you view football, whether Kerry win lose or draw. Thankfully you don't happen to be blinded and beguiled by bias, bitterness and all the money that Dublin is apparently receiving. Keep up the good work, and keep posting proudly and positively on this forum. Don't let the bitter [email protected]@tards get you down!

shoulderghost (Limerick) - Posts: 863 - 26/09/2019 14:09:42    2239387

Link

Replying To shoulderghost:  "37orso, take no notice of those narrow-minded begrudgers. You are about the only poster on here that is worth reading and who remains objective about how you view football, whether Kerry win lose or draw. Thankfully you don't happen to be blinded and beguiled by bias, bitterness and all the money that Dublin is apparently receiving. Keep up the good work, and keep posting proudly and positively on this forum. Don't let the bitter [email protected]@tards get you down!"
My word what's with all this hostility out of the Treaty boys?!!! Still sore about 2003 + 04??!!!
I love the way he says all the money Dublin is APPARENTLY receiving. Here lad do you read the sports pages at all?
But then again maybe there's a reason the Limerick lads might rush to Dublin's defence JP Mac and all that gravy ;D

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5412 - 26/09/2019 17:41:45    2239431

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "My word what's with all this hostility out of the Treaty boys?!!! Still sore about 2003 + 04??!!!
I love the way he says all the money Dublin is APPARENTLY receiving. Here lad do you read the sports pages at all?
But then again maybe there's a reason the Limerick lads might rush to Dublin's defence JP Mac and all that gravy ;D"
Ya maybe he's afraid people will start looking at limerick next.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10527 - 26/09/2019 18:19:49    2239437

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "You are missing the point 37.the point we are making up or down you are no friend of kerry football.. You run with the hare and hunt with the hounds."
Wondering just what point I am missing! The points I have stressed all along a) Dublin have won 7 of the 10 All Ireland senior football titles contested in the past decade. A feat never before accomplished in football. b) Kerry under 3 different managers have failed to stop them 6 times in that run (this includes a replayed final) c)Kerry did manage to defeat them once in a National Final in those years (the manager's name escapes me! d) in spite of winning 5 minor titles over those years it would appear that as yet Kerry do not have defenders capable of halting the Dublin machine, hopefully a work in progress . e) the inability to turn those minor successes into U21 and latterly U20 success raises questions f) Attributing Dublin's success to money or sponsorship deals is to say the least churlish . Kerry have the backing of Kerry Group the largest Agribusinesses multinational on the planet not to mention Càirde Cíarraí Lee Strand ,INEC DAN TIM and other millionaires around the Globe , in other words they lack nothing ,long may it be so , g ) Accepting Dublin's dominance is not being disloyal to Kerry . Croke Park is everybody's venue where else would a young lad dream of playing Without resource to a history book I seem to recall the mayhem that prevailed both days in 2001 when Kerry played Dublin in a 1/4 final in Thurles next day out was Kerry's worst ever semifinal defeat ! I don't know whether you are a friend of Kerry football or not nor would I judge you Yes, like yourself I presume, I am hunting with the hounds that are chasing the Dublin hare hoping that the quarry will morph into Kerry pronto zMeantime I'll attend as many winter games as Ican preference for College games will hope that East Kerry achieve the improbable if not that Kerins O Rahillys do it for David Moran and Tommy Walsh but gut tells me it Is Dr Crokes again. Winter well don't let The Blues get you down

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 26/09/2019 21:45:01    2239492

Link

Replying To 37sowhat:  "Wondering just what point I am missing! The points I have stressed all along a) Dublin have won 7 of the 10 All Ireland senior football titles contested in the past decade. A feat never before accomplished in football. b) Kerry under 3 different managers have failed to stop them 6 times in that run (this includes a replayed final) c)Kerry did manage to defeat them once in a National Final in those years (the manager's name escapes me! d) in spite of winning 5 minor titles over those years it would appear that as yet Kerry do not have defenders capable of halting the Dublin machine, hopefully a work in progress . e) the inability to turn those minor successes into U21 and latterly U20 success raises questions f) Attributing Dublin's success to money or sponsorship deals is to say the least churlish . Kerry have the backing of Kerry Group the largest Agribusinesses multinational on the planet not to mention Càirde Cíarraí Lee Strand ,INEC DAN TIM and other millionaires around the Globe , in other words they lack nothing ,long may it be so , g ) Accepting Dublin's dominance is not being disloyal to Kerry . Croke Park is everybody's venue where else would a young lad dream of playing Without resource to a history book I seem to recall the mayhem that prevailed both days in 2001 when Kerry played Dublin in a 1/4 final in Thurles next day out was Kerry's worst ever semifinal defeat ! I don't know whether you are a friend of Kerry football or not nor would I judge you Yes, like yourself I presume, I am hunting with the hounds that are chasing the Dublin hare hoping that the quarry will morph into Kerry pronto zMeantime I'll attend as many winter games as Ican preference for College games will hope that East Kerry achieve the improbable if not that Kerins O Rahillys do it for David Moran and Tommy Walsh but gut tells me it Is Dr Crokes again. Winter well don't let The Blues get you down"
Maybe we should ask Kerry to find our boys to go professional like the dubs.

Also you are talking pure bull saying crokepark isn't Dublins home ground and there have been study's done that have proved that home advantages is worth around 3-4 points in a game.

No you can bury your head in the sand and pretend we're all playing on a level playing field but you know deep down what's happening with the dubs is wrong.

You remind me of Sean Kelly another guy with his head buriedin the sand when it comes to the dubs.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10527 - 26/09/2019 22:12:11    2239497

Link

Replying To 37sowhat:  "Wondering just what point I am missing! The points I have stressed all along a) Dublin have won 7 of the 10 All Ireland senior football titles contested in the past decade. A feat never before accomplished in football. b) Kerry under 3 different managers have failed to stop them 6 times in that run (this includes a replayed final) c)Kerry did manage to defeat them once in a National Final in those years (the manager's name escapes me! d) in spite of winning 5 minor titles over those years it would appear that as yet Kerry do not have defenders capable of halting the Dublin machine, hopefully a work in progress . e) the inability to turn those minor successes into U21 and latterly U20 success raises questions f) Attributing Dublin's success to money or sponsorship deals is to say the least churlish . Kerry have the backing of Kerry Group the largest Agribusinesses multinational on the planet not to mention Càirde Cíarraí Lee Strand ,INEC DAN TIM and other millionaires around the Globe , in other words they lack nothing ,long may it be so , g ) Accepting Dublin's dominance is not being disloyal to Kerry . Croke Park is everybody's venue where else would a young lad dream of playing Without resource to a history book I seem to recall the mayhem that prevailed both days in 2001 when Kerry played Dublin in a 1/4 final in Thurles next day out was Kerry's worst ever semifinal defeat ! I don't know whether you are a friend of Kerry football or not nor would I judge you Yes, like yourself I presume, I am hunting with the hounds that are chasing the Dublin hare hoping that the quarry will morph into Kerry pronto zMeantime I'll attend as many winter games as Ican preference for College games will hope that East Kerry achieve the improbable if not that Kerins O Rahillys do it for David Moran and Tommy Walsh but gut tells me it Is Dr Crokes again. Winter well don't let The Blues get you down"
Very well put post.

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 239 - 26/09/2019 22:19:42    2239504

Link

Oh for the honour of god, will the lot of ye just keep to the points and if ye have nothing to say constructive then just feck off back to the home page or respective county pages- this forum like many more were created for sports discussions yes, all opinions are welcome and with that i mean both negative and constructive.

Not every game is perfect and things will not be always perfect but if this forum turns into just a stirring pot or BS tslk then the thread forum and eventually webpage will fold just like the an fear rua.

Admin - stand up and be counted or you'll have no page to govern.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4480 - 26/09/2019 22:21:28    2239507

Link

All star nominations are as expected, can't have many qualms.

Think shoe in's are Tom Sullivan, Moran and Stephen O'Brien. Clifford and Seanie one will get an all star the other young player of the year but not both. Morley may get lucky but could argue either way.

I take it Cluxton will get Player of the year. Being honest he deserves and has earned it. Kept them in it first day, and made vital saves in both Kerry games at key stages and that's before we even consider kick outs. Actually has a keeper ever won it before?

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4480 - 27/09/2019 08:47:52    2239556

Link

Well said horse. Cuxton must be the best ever as well as being a gent. And we did try to rattle his cage a few times.

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 594 - 27/09/2019 11:55:33    2239603

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "All star nominations are as expected, can't have many qualms.

Think shoe in's are Tom Sullivan, Moran and Stephen O'Brien. Clifford and Seanie one will get an all star the other young player of the year but not both. Morley may get lucky but could argue either way.

I take it Cluxton will get Player of the year. Being honest he deserves and has earned it. Kept them in it first day, and made vital saves in both Kerry games at key stages and that's before we even consider kick outs. Actually has a keeper ever won it before?"
Cluxton, surely ,his record speaks for itself architect of 7 All Ireland wins in a decade, lifted Sam as captain on 6 occasions,heb would be first name on any team sheet and yet recipient of only 2 All Star awards, a bit like Kerry's Seamus Moynihan in this regard. I ead a very interesting interview by Ian O Riordan with Brian Fenton last Saturday's Irish Independent both by the way sons of Kerrymen it gives a good insight into what motivates this Dublin team . Also interesting stuff today on the Mayo O Leary ,one of the millionaires bank rolling Mayo's efforts to wrest Sam from ,if you excuse the pun ,Cluxton 's clutches. That will not be questioned until Mayo win 6 in a row Kerry All Stars Maybe Tom O Sullivan did well excluding the replay David Moran and Seanie O Shea, David Clifford to get young player of the year Let's hope that the 20's are more productive than the 10s were for Kerry Níor cailleadh an dòchas .

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 27/09/2019 12:26:05    2239611

Link

Stephen Cluxton has won five All-Stars.

fainleog (Limerick) - Posts: 522 - 27/09/2019 12:57:51    2239621

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Well said horse. Cuxton must be the best ever as well as being a gent. And we did try to rattle his cage a few times."
Ah ya Gerry, the dust has well settled and I'm over the initial disappointment. When you look back you have to admire class and in fairness Cluxton is a one off. Should get Player of the year, if he doesn't it's an injustice and that's funny coming from a kerryman

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4480 - 27/09/2019 14:08:50    2239639

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "All star nominations are as expected, can't have many qualms.

I take it Cluxton will get Player of the year. Being honest he deserves and has earned it. Kept them in it first day, and made vital saves in both Kerry games at key stages and that's before we even consider kick outs. Actually has a keeper ever won it before?"
Tom Sullivan guaranteed 1 as is Moran Seanie Shea will get young player of the year Clifford and Geaney should get all stars as well .

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10527 - 27/09/2019 14:34:51    2239650

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Tom Sullivan guaranteed 1 as is Moran Seanie Shea will get young player of the year Clifford and Geaney should get all stars as well ."
Stephen O'Brien has to be in the mix he hit 3 man of the match awards.

Geaney for some reason unknown to me is so highly underrated it's frightening - sure even read back over this forum and our own supporters give him stick.

Morley could be there or there abouts

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4480 - 27/09/2019 14:59:27    2239657

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Stephen O'Brien has to be in the mix he hit 3 man of the match awards.

Geaney for some reason unknown to me is so highly underrated it's frightening - sure even read back over this forum and our own supporters give him stick.

Morley could be there or there abouts"
Ya Stephen was excellent this year horse except for the finals but I can't see them giving us places in the forward line, at best we'll probably only get 2.

Geaney is very under rated even by myself at times but when he's good he's sublime.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10527 - 27/09/2019 16:12:27    2239676

Link

Gavin Crowley very hard done by not to be nominated. I think Tom O'Sullivan, Moran and Sean O'Shea are guaranteed All Stars. If I was picking it I'd also give an All Star to Morley, Stephen O'Brien and Clifford. Sean O'Shea should get young player of the year. I am also constantly amazed by how underrated Paul Geaney is. He is one of our best players and has had a fantastic year. Any other year I think he would definitely get an All Star but this year's All Stars are ultra competitive in the forward line. He was excellent against Mayo (1-2), Donegal (1-4), Tyrone (0-3) and the replay (0-4).

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 461 - 27/09/2019 16:49:29    2239681

Link