Kerry Forum

Kerry V Dublin

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "You keep on about the gap of dunloe or the Red Sea running through the centre of our defense 37 but you're not giving us any answers or solutions to the problem, do you think PK and the lads don't know about this problem and they aren't trying to remedy the situation?

Maybe we don't have the players we need at this moment in time or maybe we have them but they're not ready yet?

PK played 6 backs 4 midfielders and 4 forwards the last day, there is only so much that you can rob off Peter to pay Paul and still score enough to win the game.

15 points was never going to be enough to win that game the last day, we needed to be hitting 22/23 points and that's hard to do when you have only 4 forwards and midfielders who don't contribute on the score board, you could see jack Barry getting in to great positions the last day but then having to turn and look for Clifford or Geaney, the dubs didn't even bother marking him.

Anyway what's done is done, PK and the lads did Trojan work in 10 months considering the low ebb we were all at after fitz and Mikey."
9Ok it is time to bring closure to this thread but before doing so I'd like to clarify my position usin.g technique of a one time frustrated soccer manager --1)Peter Keane and backroomteam are doing a great job -Fact- 2) The players 1 to 40 have given their all-Fact- 3) Dublin stand on the Everest of achievement never done before in the annals os All Ireland men's Senior Football 5 titles in a row Wexford first ,and then Kerry twice failed at final hurdle so hats off to Dublin ,no one can take this from them- Fact- 4) Kerry Under 3 Different management teams failed against Dublin 5 times in the Championship In this decade -Fact--5) the crucial Dublin scores in all those encounters were the result of a a Dublin player careering through the middle of the defence -Fact -6)- Three Kerry management teams have failed to find a solution ,neither I nor my presumed retired teacher advisor can see an immediate solution ,problem remains - Fact-7) Eamonn Fitzmaurice met with identical success against Dublin in his first year in charge ,led them 69 mins 32 secs into that epic semi of ' 13 in a very different scenario, he took over at a time no one else wanted the job an ageing core to the team and supply line too young. He made mistakes, who doesn't ? Most recent may have Paul Murphy Sweeper for 65 mins, nothing to be swept,Dublin had changed their tactics then Tommy Walsh not starting ( shades of Kieran Donaghy in 15!).
Hindsight is wonderful.-Fact- Eamonn Fitzmaurice has played a key role in the development of all players West of Camp (ask any of them or Tommy Griffin) He has contributed hugely to Kerry's cause as player, and as a mentor giving all but Shane Ryan David Moran and Diarmuid O Connor of last Saturdays starting 15 their debuts in the Green and God - Fact - 8) Mikey Sheehy has forgotten more than you or any of us posting here will ever learn about Gaelic (Kerry) Football -Fact . 9) Not many more of the successful minor teams seem to be up to it st present 3 defeats at U 21& U 20 does not inspire confidence
Now, a new chapter of ongoing story to be opened . Starting with Co. Championship let the quest for the solution to the obvious 'hole in the middle' 'God willing ,I hope to enjoy the games I go to my old retired teacher adviser will fill me in on the ones I can' t get to . Here's to East Kerry and St Brendan's Killarney from now to January. Winter we'll accept Dublin as the best of the best and don't be hard on contrary opinions where ever they come from Go dtè sibh slán .

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 17/09/2019 08:02:45    2236464

Link

Who gives you the right to close this tread. You have lectured us all the year. It is like the teacher his word is the final. Fitz wanted the job and he got it and he made some of the worst calls any kerry manager ever made. Nice guy nothing personal against him ask D. Murphy Fitz would not be told. Now let's close this tread

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 499 - 17/09/2019 08:27:53    2236471

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Kingdom boy thank you for your last post regarding 37 and his post all the year. No encouragement for our boys. Let me it is about time some body here in kerry stood up and said that Dublin are a pro outfit in every sence of the word they are getting out bed in the morning and going to work to make a living they are training every as professional players do our lads are doing a day's work and going too training. Over on the main page someposter put up or will I call him imposter put con o callaghan put on so much muscle from being in the gym for the last 18 months he had plenty of time to do it he does not work full time. If we are going to go pro or semi pro let all the counties do that so as we can have a level playing field for all not for the sports councils and the gaa to give Dublin gaa all they want on kerry radio last nite John o leary the ex Dublin goal keeper was on and he was not asked the hard questions by Tim. Do the Dublin players have a job that they attended all year I think you will find the answer is no to the majority of them. This is not jealousy but yes it is envy. I want a level playing for all and until such time that someone other than a few of us on here asks the hard questions. We will not get a level playing field. What we have here in kerry this year with our young amateur team has been unreal. We'll done PK and team.. Ciarrai abu"
A wonderful example of sour grapes ! Open up man ! Kerry Group are one of the biggest multi nationals on the planet Kerry lack for nothing except that final ingredient that comes between gallant loser and perennial winner I would love to see Kerry back on top you need 'new tricks to stop Dublin from six' Sit down sometime with a replay of the analysis of Tomás Ò Sè ,Colm O Rourke and Sean Kavanagh of Saturday's game. I'm not saying they are infallible ,nobody is ,not even my old retired teacher friend ! but those lads have played the game Tomás and Sean Kavanagh two who were at the coalface against the mighty Dubs they were logical and perceptive in pointing out where Dublin are ahead and Kerry and all others that bit behind . As Peter Keane might say Loook Kerry are good but Dublin are that bit better Let the chase continue but less of looking for reasons beyond ability as to why Dublin are where they are.

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 17/09/2019 09:16:49    2236494

Link

Replying To 37sowhat:  "9Ok it is time to bring closure to this thread but before doing so I'd like to clarify my position usin.g technique of a one time frustrated soccer manager --1)Peter Keane and backroomteam are doing a great job -Fact- 2) The players 1 to 40 have given their all-Fact- 3) Dublin stand on the Everest of achievement never done before in the annals os All Ireland men's Senior Football 5 titles in a row Wexford first ,and then Kerry twice failed at final hurdle so hats off to Dublin ,no one can take this from them- Fact- 4) Kerry Under 3 Different management teams failed against Dublin 5 times in the Championship In this decade -Fact--5) the crucial Dublin scores in all those encounters were the result of a a Dublin player careering through the middle of the defence -Fact -6)- Three Kerry management teams have failed to find a solution ,neither I nor my presumed retired teacher advisor can see an immediate solution ,problem remains - Fact-7) Eamonn Fitzmaurice met with identical success against Dublin in his first year in charge ,led them 69 mins 32 secs into that epic semi of ' 13 in a very different scenario, he took over at a time no one else wanted the job an ageing core to the team and supply line too young. He made mistakes, who doesn't ? Most recent may have Paul Murphy Sweeper for 65 mins, nothing to be swept,Dublin had changed their tactics then Tommy Walsh not starting ( shades of Kieran Donaghy in 15!).
Hindsight is wonderful.-Fact- Eamonn Fitzmaurice has played a key role in the development of all players West of Camp (ask any of them or Tommy Griffin) He has contributed hugely to Kerry's cause as player, and as a mentor giving all but Shane Ryan David Moran and Diarmuid O Connor of last Saturdays starting 15 their debuts in the Green and God - Fact - 8) Mikey Sheehy has forgotten more than you or any of us posting here will ever learn about Gaelic (Kerry) Football -Fact . 9) Not many more of the successful minor teams seem to be up to it st present 3 defeats at U 21& U 20 does not inspire confidence
Now, a new chapter of ongoing story to be opened . Starting with Co. Championship let the quest for the solution to the obvious 'hole in the middle' 'God willing ,I hope to enjoy the games I go to my old retired teacher adviser will fill me in on the ones I can' t get to . Here's to East Kerry and St Brendan's Killarney from now to January. Winter we'll accept Dublin as the best of the best and don't be hard on contrary opinions where ever they come from Go dtè sibh slán ."
Like Iv said many times 37 I have no problem accepting Dublin winning the 5 in a row, what I have a problem with is how they were helped win the 5 in a row.

It's no coincidence that the over funding of Dublin sinc 2005 and the first 5 in a row in the men's senior game ( 3rd 5 in a row over all ) coincides or over lap, blessed are those who are blind but can not see.

You say Mikey had forgotten more than any of us will ever know! Maybe that was the problem, Mikey forgetting? Or maybe fitz didn't listen like he didn't listen to Diarmuid Murphy when he wanted to bring on Tommy in 2015.

You give under PK for not bringing Tommy on but you ignore that booboo.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9974 - 17/09/2019 10:03:16    2236512

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Who gives you the right to close this tread. You have lectured us all the year. It is like the teacher his word is the final. Fitz wanted the job and he got it and he made some of the worst calls any kerry manager ever made. Nice guy nothing personal against him ask D. Murphy Fitz would not be told. Now let's close this tread"
Diarmuid Murphy and Eamonn Fitz were Are and will be friends and confidants I know Diarmuid personally family and work commitments dictated his stepping back from 100% involvement but he continued to have that involvement right up to Eamonn's decision to hand on the baton Now as for Dublin's players being full time professionals check out your assumptions and you will find doctors , physios , company directors , accountants bank officials students and oh! I nearly forgot! teachers among them , very like the composition of the Kerry team only Kerry would I think have more students in their line up I remember back in the 60s when Down came with their perpetual motion that had Kerry dizzy as the chased them around Croke Park you had Kerry football fanatics who can rarely see beyond Green and Gold saying" Yerra shure them Down fellas are on Purple Hearts "
Things don't change Yes FOR ME I close on this Thread
I enjoyed it but certain aspects no Everyone has a right to an opinion getting insulting or personal betrays a small mind No need for crude comments Kerry I love every mountain and valley in it and am grateful to every footballer who ever donned the Green and Gold and to every manager who put their necks on the block knowing that there is only a six inch gap between a clap on the back and a kick in the derrière Sin deireadh tagatha don clàr níl a thuilleadh le rà agam. Slán go fòill

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 17/09/2019 10:12:55    2236516

Link

"guess who's back, back back, back today" as the song goes...... Christ ladies, will ye just give it a rest.
37: you seem to be the only one to speak of any bit of common sense on here. And understandably you too are depressed kerry cudnt stop history being made but you are a loyal and open minded supporter of kerry.
To the rest of ye, stop looking for excuses from outside that ye are not good enough. That answer lies within. It's comical to read "a poster" here actually having problems with con o Callaghan putting on muscle.... Comical

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 237 - 17/09/2019 14:27:52    2236622

Link

First time on HS since before the final as I've been partying hard for days. But i just said Id come on here and offer my commiserations to you. Them two games were a brilliant advertisement of our games and Ive no doubt this Kerry team will win Sam in the not too distant future.

To the usual suspects KingdomFan, TheHermit, legendz, etc etc. I see your still spouting the same tripe. It is beyond an obsession at this stage, get help lads...honestly Id say the true Kerry gaels on here are embarrassed by your constant excuses....

Winter well...

ConnollyDub (Dublin) - Posts: 1816 - 18/09/2019 16:21:17    2237210

Link

Replying To ConnollyDub:  "First time on HS since before the final as I've been partying hard for days. But i just said Id come on here and offer my commiserations to you. Them two games were a brilliant advertisement of our games and Ive no doubt this Kerry team will win Sam in the not too distant future.

To the usual suspects KingdomFan, TheHermit, legendz, etc etc. I see your still spouting the same tripe. It is beyond an obsession at this stage, get help lads...honestly Id say the true Kerry gaels on here are embarrassed by your constant excuses....

Winter well..."
Amazing how many are coming on here to "commiserate", didn't know insulating people equated to that.

Goodbye and don't come back lad, like a lot of your kind you won't be missed I assure you.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5133 - 18/09/2019 19:29:14    2237294

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Amazing how many are coming on here to "commiserate", didn't know insulating people equated to that.

Goodbye and don't come back lad, like a lot of your kind you won't be missed I assure you."
Sure I suppose as the saying goes the truth hurts. Ya, ye gotta stop looking for excuses outside of the county for success of Dublin. The truth lies within yer county........ As one fine gentleman, manager and good footballer from kerry once said.... "animals"

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 237 - 18/09/2019 19:45:54    2237302

Link

Yep the lonely boys are out in force this week, have they no friends to talk to :D

Didn't expect there to be so much scrutiny on Dublin already, I expected them to be left alone for a week or two before the rightful questions were being raised.

But they've started straight away Primetime, the Times over the last few days etc.

As the old saying goes no smoke without a fire, I'm sure the Dubs and their cronies would love to think its all some big conspiracy but you'd have to be a moron at this stage not to see inter county football in a state of crisis because one county is now effectively a semi-professional (or worse) outfit!

And what's D GAA's answer, a two tier system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5133 - 18/09/2019 20:02:57    2237312

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Yep the lonely boys are out in force this week, have they no friends to talk to :D

Didn't expect there to be so much scrutiny on Dublin already, I expected them to be left alone for a week or two before the rightful questions were being raised.

But they've started straight away Primetime, the Times over the last few days etc.

As the old saying goes no smoke without a fire, I'm sure the Dubs and their cronies would love to think its all some big conspiracy but you'd have to be a moron at this stage not to see inter county football in a state of crisis because one county is now effectively a semi-professional (or worse) outfit!

And what's D GAA's answer, a two tier system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Disagree completely... Dublin brought it to a level, up to the rest of ye to catch up. And if ye put as much thought into it besides trying to find negatives of the system with Dublin ye wud do alot better. Its funny really, if ye had managed to beat 14 men the first day there wouldn't b a word about it but because Dublin "showed up" on day 2 yer all now picking and poking. Next thing is if Limerick win hurling next year ye'll have a cut off JP McManus for it.
P. S.... Tis ye small few being so negative are the "lonely boys" without a certain Mr. Maguire down south. And again I reiterate had ye managed to win day 1 it would be all how good kerry are...

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 237 - 18/09/2019 21:13:06    2237341

Link

Replying To ConnollyDub:  "First time on HS since before the final as I've been partying hard for days. But i just said Id come on here and offer my commiserations to you. Them two games were a brilliant advertisement of our games and Ive no doubt this Kerry team will win Sam in the not too distant future.

Winter well..."
Nail on the head - spot on post.

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2808 - 18/09/2019 23:23:53    2237391

Link

Replying To Fionn:  "Nail on the head - spot on post."
Totally agree ConnollyDub and Fionn. That handful of bitter posters must be making the true Kerry fan cringe! Well done to Dublin and more luck to them. Commiserations to Kerry but I'm sure they'll come again

shoulderghost (Limerick) - Posts: 863 - 22/09/2019 04:02:40    2238169

Link

listen ive no time for the dubs but some posters on here are the biggest whingebags ive ever heard. we cant even get off the ground here with a team like dublin bordering our county how do you thing we feel. But they are some team and they are better than ye and i think thats what bothers ye the most.

lilypad (Kildare) - Posts: 1009 - 22/09/2019 17:26:41    2238296

Link

Time to close this one down no admins and let us start a new one for some winter chats, too many hurlers on the ditch only delighted to have a go.
Sad really ...

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5133 - 22/09/2019 21:31:05    2238365

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Time to close this one down no admins and let us start a new one for some winter chats, too many hurlers on the ditch only delighted to have a go.
Sad really ..."
They should bring back the cork forum where we could go and chat in peace where nobody would bother us :-)

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9974 - 22/09/2019 22:09:52    2238380

Link

Agree admin, Time to park, lock and drive on.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4251 - 22/09/2019 22:27:45    2238385

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Time to close this one down no admins and let us start a new one for some winter chats, too many hurlers on the ditch only delighted to have a go.
Sad really ..."
So your allowed spout bitter tripe constantly about Dublin, but when a few posters call you out on it you throw your toys out of the pram calling for threads to be closed down.

Your a gas man

ConnollyDub (Dublin) - Posts: 1816 - 24/09/2019 15:15:00    2238798

Link

The great John B had a very humorous piece on the Kerry football 'fan' who can never admit to being beaten by a better team When that awful thing called defeat befalls the wearers of the Green and Gold it is always the ref or the pitch, or the weatherman ,or the money the other guys have or the drugs they are on but never the fact that in this actual moment there is a better team on the horizon Páidí RIP had a name for us a word beginning with A and ending with L I would love to have beaten Dublin Kerry failed to do so under 3 different managers in this decade .The 'Decade of the Dubs' , and fair play to ye . Let's see what the 3rd decade of this century will bring, something tells me it is going to be the Rebels that will cause you most trouble I see a red sun rising over the banks of the Lee and I fear Kerry will not find the defenders to man the 'bearna baol '

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 24/09/2019 17:31:30    2238830

Link

Replying To ConnollyDub:  "So your allowed spout bitter tripe constantly about Dublin, but when a few posters call you out on it you throw your toys out of the pram calling for threads to be closed down.

Your a gas man"
Jays there must be nothing much happening on the Dublin forum to say you have to come on here talking shite lad :-)

What we do and say on our own forum is our own business so move a long now ->

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9974 - 24/09/2019 17:34:41    2238831

Link