Kerry Forum

Kerry V Dublin

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Fionn:  "Did either of those kerry teams win 7 All Ireland titles in 9 years.????"
Well I suppose We'll find out in 4 years for the minors and in 5 years for the juniors.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10019 - 15/09/2019 16:18:56    2235668

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "So we're supposed to believe that you're a limerick poster who doesn't post on the limerick forum? Pull the other one You're the one having a laugh .

And a 5 in a row is a 5 in a row, history was already made last year, look it up for yourself, now if or when Dublin do the 6 then history will be made unless of course our juniors do it before them which could happen."
Pathetic....

You really cant accept that the Dubs were the 1st Men Senior Football team to win 5 in a Row, and not kerry,
Classic
lol

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2825 - 15/09/2019 16:22:32    2235671

Link

Replying To realdub:  "Just popped over to commiserate lads, you have a great team there and they will see gold, of that I have no doubt. I'm obviously very pleased and proud but I also feel for the losers. But Kerry being Kerry, won't be down for long."
Thanks for the kind words realdub, but there are no gaurentees that we'll win one any time soon, that's still a very young Dublin team and ye are going nowhere for the time being, the GAA have a massive problem on their hands now.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10019 - 15/09/2019 16:23:15    2235672

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "So we're supposed to believe that you're a limerick poster who doesn't post on the limerick forum? Pull the other one You're the one having a laugh .

And a 5 in a row is a 5 in a row, history was already made last year, look it up for yourself, now if or when Dublin do the 6 then history will be made unless of course our juniors do it before them which could happen."
This is exactly why most counties do not want to see ye prevail. Yer all so poor losers that Dublin beat you to the 5 in a row and made history but now ye pull the junior and minor stories out of the press... Listen boyban, there's only 1 show in town for 5 in a row, I know it and ye know it. Ye are just so poor and can not accept the once "great kerry football mantle" is no longer valid and the current Dublin team, panel and management are the best that has ever played the game. Get over it, ye are second best (at best) at the minute. Maybe that's why such a gap has emerged between yerselves and Dublin, ye can not admit to that fact.
Oh and I can post where I desire, just another little fact for u

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 237 - 15/09/2019 16:27:29    2235674

Link

Replying To luimneachboy:  "This is exactly why most counties do not want to see ye prevail. Yer all so poor losers that Dublin beat you to the 5 in a row and made history but now ye pull the junior and minor stories out of the press... Listen boyban, there's only 1 show in town for 5 in a row, I know it and ye know it. Ye are just so poor and can not accept the once "great kerry football mantle" is no longer valid and the current Dublin team, panel and management are the best that has ever played the game. Get over it, ye are second best (at best) at the minute. Maybe that's why such a gap has emerged between yerselves and Dublin, ye can not admit to that fact.
Oh and I can post where I desire, just another little fact for u"
Spot on.... ;o)

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2825 - 15/09/2019 16:48:21    2235686

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Paranoid says the man trolling the Kerry forum :-)

Ya all right "limerick man" sorry Superbluedub, you have too much time on your hands."
Are you dense or what ? I told you I have one account on here . I am no troll , it is no crime drop into the Kerry forum, just like yourself dropping into the Dublin forum , now please grow up and stop accusing me of being another poster .

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 1897 - 15/09/2019 16:48:55    2235687

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "Are you dense or what ? I told you I have one account on here . I am no troll , it is no crime drop into the Kerry forum, just like yourself dropping into the Dublin forum , now please grow up and stop accusing me of being another poster ."
Don't fret, I know it and u know it. Let him have his little rant. The stairgate will be closed soon so he won't be able to rant and rave anymore. School in the morn.....

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 237 - 15/09/2019 17:03:56    2235693

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Well I suppose We'll find out in 4 years for the minors and in 5 years for the juniors."
Scraping the potsherd Kingdom boy! you forgot the Kerry women did they win 9 in a row? We are all loath to accept the greatness of this Dublin outfit the scores they have racked up the athleticism ,dedication and professionalism of all involved can only be admired. Two more accolades ,the sincerity and humility of Stephen Cluxton' s acceptance speech, no gloating ,no crude language for effect exemplary to say the least. Then later in the night Ciarán Kilkenny added to his profile accepting man of the match as he acknowledged his parents, his club ,and wait for it ,his teachers, one of whom was a Kerryman .Ciarán said they were the influences that gave him a love for all things Gaelic including our language By the way Ciarán left Australian rules behind because of his greater love of Dubs wish Mark O Connor would do the same . Dublin ARE the breakers of the 5 in a row barrier it's theirs to claim no one can take it from them. Stop them of 6 in a row now that's the challenge for all Sligo, Limerick, Carlow, Kildare +Jack, Laois+Quirke, Kerry and the darkhorses the Rebels .Dublin football is Alive Alive O for the foreseeable future

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 752 - 15/09/2019 17:09:59    2235695

Link

Replying To 37sowhat:  "Scraping the potsherd Kingdom boy! you forgot the Kerry women did they win 9 in a row? We are all loath to accept the greatness of this Dublin outfit the scores they have racked up the athleticism ,dedication and professionalism of all involved can only be admired. Two more accolades ,the sincerity and humility of Stephen Cluxton' s acceptance speech, no gloating ,no crude language for effect exemplary to say the least. Then later in the night Ciarán Kilkenny added to his profile accepting man of the match as he acknowledged his parents, his club ,and wait for it ,his teachers, one of whom was a Kerryman .Ciarán said they were the influences that gave him a love for all things Gaelic including our language By the way Ciarán left Australian rules behind because of his greater love of Dubs wish Mark O Connor would do the same . Dublin ARE the breakers of the 5 in a row barrier it's theirs to claim no one can take it from them. Stop them of 6 in a row now that's the challenge for all Sligo, Limerick, Carlow, Kildare +Jack, Laois+Quirke, Kerry and the darkhorses the Rebels .Dublin football is Alive Alive O for the foreseeable future"
Well said, I commend your honesty... Hold it maybe it will be claimed you are superblue dub or myself now!!!!!!! But honestly we'll said and every bit of truth stated there

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 237 - 15/09/2019 17:47:14    2235705

Link

Replying To 37sowhat:  "Scraping the potsherd Kingdom boy! you forgot the Kerry women did they win 9 in a row? We are all loath to accept the greatness of this Dublin outfit the scores they have racked up the athleticism ,dedication and professionalism of all involved can only be admired. Two more accolades ,the sincerity and humility of Stephen Cluxton' s acceptance speech, no gloating ,no crude language for effect exemplary to say the least. Then later in the night Ciarán Kilkenny added to his profile accepting man of the match as he acknowledged his parents, his club ,and wait for it ,his teachers, one of whom was a Kerryman .Ciarán said they were the influences that gave him a love for all things Gaelic including our language By the way Ciarán left Australian rules behind because of his greater love of Dubs wish Mark O Connor would do the same . Dublin ARE the breakers of the 5 in a row barrier it's theirs to claim no one can take it from them. Stop them of 6 in a row now that's the challenge for all Sligo, Limerick, Carlow, Kildare +Jack, Laois+Quirke, Kerry and the darkhorses the Rebels .Dublin football is Alive Alive O for the foreseeable future"
High 5 to that ;o)

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2825 - 15/09/2019 17:52:46    2235707

Link

I have no problem accepting Dublins 5 but should I ignore our 5s or not acknowledged them 37? Are 5s not worthy for mention in your eyes?

Fair play to Kilkenny in his man of the match award and to his school teachers who trained him but his teacher had plenty of time for training teams what with them using it to fulfill their crokepark hours and plenty of holidays thrown in as well, And i have nothing against teachers as I am married to one.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10019 - 15/09/2019 18:01:19    2235712

Link

37 what Mark O'Connor does with his life is his own business , he's from my club and he owes nobody nothing , he'll be playing in the AFL semifinals next weekend and I for one wish him well.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10019 - 15/09/2019 18:16:55    2235723

Link

Ah look regardless of the spats above and wums etc. we can't have any complaints, have to give credit where credit is due, we were well beaten yesterday and by the better team. You often get one chance to nail a favourite and unfort for us the element of surprise was gone from the first day we had them two weeks ago and just that bit to composure and we would have prevailed.

The initial disappointment from yesterday has lessened and one has to look at positives, for me, yesterday was still a great occasion although I felt the atmosphere was better on day one, anyway yesterday was my sons first all Ireland so will always treasure that, he's been to years of league and Munster and championship games but yesterday was his first final so for me it was still precious and is for me what the Gaa is about.

As for the game itself, I think key decisions cost us, the goal was the defining moment just wrong time of the game, we'd just got back level, were playing well, had belief but that was a key killer and we never really recovered from on both sides of the line. I though the initial team selection was strange, if we planned high ball raining down on the full forward line then Tommy would have been the obvious choice.

Still I think this year is massively positive, I think PK didn't expect an all Ireland appearance and think this year we were actually maybe a year ahead of ourselves. Still we at the start of the year felt key positions needed addressing, Keeper. Full back, centre back and a defensive system while still playing exciting ball. In fairness we did that, Ryan I though was excellent yesterday. Three great catches under the high ball, great kickouts and a double save to boot, Morley and Crowley too were pivotal in our championship run, also as the year went on any issues we encountered were addressed on route.

For me I applaud the year and effort, we have closed the gap massively so and with a bit of luck could have stolen the year two weeks ago. For me it's onwards and upwards. Was explaining to my son the cycle - ok we lost, the thing now is look forward to the county championship, see what players put their hand up and start again next year with renewed hope.

This weekend obviously belongs to Dublin, hate saying but have to be honest, sporting and true, well done but we are building, seriously building and we will be a force and genuinely believe we will be writing a post in twelve months applauding PK and co for being champions.

Roll on Count Championship and NK C'ship and then renewed hope for 2020.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4264 - 15/09/2019 18:35:33    2235732

Link

Lads stop giving these trolls, WUMs etc oxygen. Their first thought after an All Ireland final is to come on here and sneer, why bother with saddos like that.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5139 - 15/09/2019 18:57:23    2235740

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Lads stop giving these trolls, WUMs etc oxygen. Their first thought after an All Ireland final is to come on here and sneer, why bother with saddos like that."
These TROLLS know nowt about our great game. You could write on a stamp what they know. Just ignore and they will try somewhere else. A few Dubs whom i thought were genuine fans have shown there true colours but we live and learn. Classy touch as always by REALDUB posting a genuine comment.

GreenAndGold74 (Kerry) - Posts: 98 - 15/09/2019 19:32:16    2235751

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Ah look regardless of the spats above and wums etc. we can't have any complaints, have to give credit where credit is due, we were well beaten yesterday and by the better team. You often get one chance to nail a favourite and unfort for us the element of surprise was gone from the first day we had them two weeks ago and just that bit to composure and we would have prevailed.

The initial disappointment from yesterday has lessened and one has to look at positives, for me, yesterday was still a great occasion although I felt the atmosphere was better on day one, anyway yesterday was my sons first all Ireland so will always treasure that, he's been to years of league and Munster and championship games but yesterday was his first final so for me it was still precious and is for me what the Gaa is about.

As for the game itself, I think key decisions cost us, the goal was the defining moment just wrong time of the game, we'd just got back level, were playing well, had belief but that was a key killer and we never really recovered from on both sides of the line. I though the initial team selection was strange, if we planned high ball raining down on the full forward line then Tommy would have been the obvious choice.

Still I think this year is massively positive, I think PK didn't expect an all Ireland appearance and think this year we were actually maybe a year ahead of ourselves. Still we at the start of the year felt key positions needed addressing, Keeper. Full back, centre back and a defensive system while still playing exciting ball. In fairness we did that, Ryan I though was excellent yesterday. Three great catches under the high ball, great kickouts and a double save to boot, Morley and Crowley too were pivotal in our championship run, also as the year went on any issues we encountered were addressed on route.

For me I applaud the year and effort, we have closed the gap massively so and with a bit of luck could have stolen the year two weeks ago. For me it's onwards and upwards. Was explaining to my son the cycle - ok we lost, the thing now is look forward to the county championship, see what players put their hand up and start again next year with renewed hope.

This weekend obviously belongs to Dublin, hate saying but have to be honest, sporting and true, well done but we are building, seriously building and we will be a force and genuinely believe we will be writing a post in twelve months applauding PK and co for being champions.

Roll on Count Championship and NK C'ship and then renewed hope for 2020."
Finally a genuine and honest assesment of the state of play from Mr horsebox, I commend your honesty, realism and acceptance. Please follow suit Mr Hermit, Mr kingdom boy and Mr 74 and accept what your colleague has written and finally put it to bed.

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 237 - 15/09/2019 19:59:20    2235762

Link

Back at home nursing a bad hangover. Haven't watched the match back and won't until tomorrow probably. Disappointing result obviously but very proud of our lads once again. There are probably things Peter would change if he had the time back but the experience will be huge going forward, both for him and the players.

Would like to extend my thanks to the team and management for giving us a thrilling season. Looking forward to many more.

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1650 - 15/09/2019 20:44:34    2235780

Link

Lads luminach is a wind up no more than that. So he does not bother me.. But again 37 turns against his own he does not go to all these games he speaks of he is getting his info from some other retired old school teacher . Peter Keane roll on

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 502 - 15/09/2019 20:56:12    2235789

Link

Indeed TraleeGerry - Pk and co have really enhanced the players, panel and options, last year and in the past we have been shakey in defense couldn't close out past games and had issues in certain areas and no bench. Now we have addressed key areas have a defensive spine in Ryan who I thought was outstanding yesterday, a defensive spine in Morley and Crowley and a tight defensive system while still playing exciting and attractive football. Games vs Donegal, Mayo and the drawn final were huge bonus for me.

I might be accused of being passive or dismissive but never downbeat, as I alluded to above the most important thing for me is progression, we have progressed hugely from last year and are in a better place, key now is progress more find one or two more players in the local championship and build for next year.

The wums and and non genuine posters don't bother me, I read what I want to read, I dismiss who I want to dismiss, one cannot stop people from posting but we can like hermit said deprive them of oxygen.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4264 - 15/09/2019 21:23:07    2235808

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Lads luminach is a wind up no more than that. So he does not bother me.. But again 37 turns against his own he does not go to all these games he speaks of he is getting his info from some other retired old school teacher . Peter Keane roll on"
I'm done lads, I won't get ye to admit that unfortunately for ye the "great kingdom of kerry" football mantra is gone. There's a new kid on the block and has been for a few years and it's up to ye to respond. Can ye? Firstly ye are going to have to accept defeats that come yer way and not use excuses like ye continously do but rather just commend, applause and have awe for those that defeat ye. That's the first step of acceptance. With such a very poor understanding of acceptance by most of ye I'm unsure if ye can ever show awe to Dublin, the greatest team, ambassadors for the game and history makers completing 5 in a row. Some on here just can't come to terms with the result yesterday and deep down ye know who ye are. Finally again, I'm delighted to have witnessed possibly the greatest football team ever in the history of the game winning yesterday. We won't see the likes of them again for generations and in years to come the question will be "where were you when the Dublin senior footballers made history". Remarkable achievement. For me it's fingers crossed John Kiely and Co can lead us to glory in 2020 and we will commend who takes us down. For kerry fans , well my advice is don't build a high pedestal as there is the big danger of falling off and getting hurt. For Dublin, we'll what can you say they prob go for the "fix for six"

luimneachboy (Limerick) - Posts: 237 - 15/09/2019 21:52:30    2235830

Link