Kerry Forum

Kerry V Dublin

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Even our own have headed for the hills only a few of us stuck by the team when we were down. But I must say our supporters club are fantastic

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 498 - 08/09/2019 12:43:37    2233538

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Says all you need to know, amazing when Kerry have a dip in fortunes they are like flies to manure but when it looks like we're on the cusp of another era of success they scurry back to their caves :D"
Can ye imagine what the poor craters will like next week when we beat the dubs.

gallarus14 (Kerry) - Posts: 101 - 08/09/2019 13:18:24    2233545

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Says all you need to know, amazing when Kerry have a dip in fortunes they are like flies to manure but when it looks like we're on the cusp of another era of success they scurry back to their caves :D"
Was talking to a former Kerry minor yesterday and he told me he and his buddy were at the allireland final last week and were in the hill, they were in early and went down a few rows and took up residence behind the goals when down came the stewards and told them they couldn't stand there and that they had to move up to the back corner, not wanting to draw attention to himself he and his friend moved up.

Isn't that's fair crap.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9968 - 08/09/2019 16:44:57    2233581

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Was talking to a former Kerry minor yesterday and he told me he and his buddy were at the allireland final last week and were in the hill, they were in early and went down a few rows and took up residence behind the goals when down came the stewards and told them they couldn't stand there and that they had to move up to the back corner, not wanting to draw attention to himself he and his friend moved up.

Isn't that's fair crap."
Sure isn't it meant to be a neutral ;D
Seriously though I would advise them to contact the Co. Board and tell them that and also contact Croke Park and ask for an explanation. Whatever the response there's plenty of platforms out there to share it and the original complaint.
If stuff like that is happening at a "neutral venue" it should be highlighted for all to see.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5133 - 08/09/2019 19:56:40    2233630

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Sure isn't it meant to be a neutral ;D
Seriously though I would advise them to contact the Co. Board and tell them that and also contact Croke Park and ask for an explanation. Whatever the response there's plenty of platforms out there to share it and the original complaint.
If stuff like that is happening at a "neutral venue" it should be highlighted for all to see."
It should be highlighted but he's a quite guy and he would not say boo to a cat and they were told it was for there own "safety"

I remember Mayo trying to take over the hill a few times and I wondered why would they bother but I can see why they were at it now.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9968 - 08/09/2019 20:37:33    2233649

Link

Lads the hill was full of dubs in 1975 and we made them quite and we made them quite again during the drawn game when there team needed them most they could not be heard. I did hear them singing come on you boys in green in the aviva

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 498 - 08/09/2019 21:23:01    2233664

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Lads the hill was full of dubs in 1975 and we made them quite and we made them quite again during the drawn game when there team needed them most they could not be heard. I did hear them singing come on you boys in green in the aviva"
Yeh it'd be a much better atmosphere without the Dublin fans

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7701 - 08/09/2019 23:01:00    2233697

Link

Apart from wondering where many Dublin "fans" go in the lean years, I have no beef with the Jacks roaring on their team to make history. Not only is their team (probably) the best ever but their ability time and again to escape from tight corners is impressive.

That said, I want this Kerry team to do themselves full justice on Saturday. There should be no surprises now about the occasion. No excuses either for erratic shooting, coughing up the ball and putting kickouts out on the full.

Beyond that, I spare my displeasure for the sneering contempt of pundits like Vince Hogan in the Indo blethering on about Kerry tradition being less than we let on. Be sure to take that line of reasoning for a spin when next in the Kingdom. You are sure to get more than a few "yerrahs", you gomb!

plike (Kerry) - Posts: 541 - 09/09/2019 09:29:59    2233737

Link

Replying To plike:  "Apart from wondering where many Dublin "fans" go in the lean years, I have no beef with the Jacks roaring on their team to make history. Not only is their team (probably) the best ever but their ability time and again to escape from tight corners is impressive.

That said, I want this Kerry team to do themselves full justice on Saturday. There should be no surprises now about the occasion. No excuses either for erratic shooting, coughing up the ball and putting kickouts out on the full.

Beyond that, I spare my displeasure for the sneering contempt of pundits like Vince Hogan in the Indo blethering on about Kerry tradition being less than we let on. Be sure to take that line of reasoning for a spin when next in the Kingdom. You are sure to get more than a few "yerrahs", you gomb!"
What would a Tipp hurling fanknow about Kerry or its tradition - he probably wouldn't even know we play the game up here in north Kerry ;D

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5133 - 09/09/2019 10:42:39    2233773

Link

Azzy, Stay on topic lads

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4250 - 09/09/2019 19:13:19    2233940

Link

Will JOD make the bench gents?

kerryforsam19 (Kerry) - Posts: 95 - 09/09/2019 23:43:25    2234008

Link

McStay reckons Dublin by 2 or 3:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kevin-mcstay-dublin-should-make-history-with-two-or-three-points-to-spare-1.4012812

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5133 - 10/09/2019 11:05:03    2234074

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "McStay reckons Dublin by 2 or 3:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kevin-mcstay-dublin-should-make-history-with-two-or-three-points-to-spare-1.4012812"
Ya I suppose Kevin is playing it safe like all the pundits really.

I'm very confident that we'll do it and I'm getting more confident by the hour.

I can only see our lads improving on the last day .

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9968 - 10/09/2019 11:51:14    2234084

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Ya I suppose Kevin is playing it safe like all the pundits really.

I'm very confident that we'll do it and I'm getting more confident by the hour.

I can only see our lads improving on the last day ."
Well you and Horse certainly seem to be bullish Kingdomboy, I'm afraid I'm back to oscillating between depression and exhilaration!

I think the performance graph all summer for these young lads shows they are getting better with every game and we all know they left their shooting boots behind them the last day.

But I just fear we might have shown our hand now, that Dublin are now forewarned and that they were a man down for so long and still managed to stay on their feet.

But then again Dublin weren't allowed play to their best so what makes them think they will be allowed to now! Also Indo are reporting Cian O'Sullivan will only make the bench at best, they seem to have real trouble in their backline now.

But still we had them, we should have buried them in that last 10 minutes.

Agghhh, the nerves are really ratcheting up again!!!

What are tickets like to get this time around, I've been promised two but no sign of them yet!!!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5133 - 10/09/2019 13:10:55    2234111

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Well you and Horse certainly seem to be bullish Kingdomboy, I'm afraid I'm back to oscillating between depression and exhilaration!

I think the performance graph all summer for these young lads shows they are getting better with every game and we all know they left their shooting boots behind them the last day.

But I just fear we might have shown our hand now, that Dublin are now forewarned and that they were a man down for so long and still managed to stay on their feet.

But then again Dublin weren't allowed play to their best so what makes them think they will be allowed to now! Also Indo are reporting Cian O'Sullivan will only make the bench at best, they seem to have real trouble in their backline now.

What are tickets like to get this time around, I've been promised two but no sign of them yet!!!"
From what I hear there is no problem with tickets, everyone I know that wants them have them, I suppose ye lads up in the north of the county will have Listowel races to contend with, I just hope we bring the same crowd or even bigger the next day.

As for being bullish I suppose I am a bit, like you said our lads have improved in every game so far this year and the sky is the limit for them if they want it which I believe they do.

Dublin were surviving on pure instinct the last day, they have that experience that a lot of our lads didn't have but they'll have gained a good bit now and they'll gain more the next day.

Like I quoted JOD in his interview after we beat Mayo in limerick in 2014, he said that game was worth a hundred training sessions, so what was that allireland final be worth to our young warriors the last day?

As for Dublin injuries I wouldn't take any heed to those roumors, il believe what I can see on the day.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9968 - 10/09/2019 14:37:59    2234126

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Well you and Horse certainly seem to be bullish Kingdomboy, I'm afraid I'm back to oscillating between depression and exhilaration!

What are tickets like to get this time around, I've been promised two but no sign of them yet!!!"
For the very first time ever and I've been at them all since 97 bar 09. First time I'm actually struggling but still hopeful.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4250 - 10/09/2019 14:38:47    2234127

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "For the very first time ever and I've been at them all since 97 bar 09. First time I'm actually struggling but still hopeful."
I've got 2, paid for them last Thursday though they still haven't come through the letter box! If they haven't arrived by tomorrow I better get on the phone!!!
Its 50 years since my fathers first All-Ireland so he's going to come up for the match and we'll sit together, which means I'll have to behave myself unlike the last day :D
Could do with 1 or 2 more mind, there's a few people I know still looking.

Horse if your still stuck by the end of the week let us know, but surely you'll get one or two by then.

After hearing John Small has been seen with his thumb heavily bandaged but as you said Kingdomboy goodness knows how much truth is in anything you hear at this stage!!

I wonder if PK has something new up his sleeve and chance of a bolter from the pack at this late stage?

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5133 - 10/09/2019 15:00:35    2234135

Link

Replying To kerryforsam19:  "Will JOD make the bench gents?"
Cant See it but would love if he does make it.. think the best thing he could do is rest his body for 6 months and then give the later stages of the league a rattle.

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 63 - 10/09/2019 15:00:55    2234136

Link

Yes. It's a rollercoaster. You know damn well that logic dictates that the Jacks, a team worthy of being considered the best ever, will come back harder and more focused. The fear is that we will beblitzed, like we did to them in 1978.

So, what to do? We trust that PK has them in a good place now. The mistakes must not be repeated. The finishing must be better. Kerry must strangle the life out of them if given half a chance. The experts still don't rate this Kerry team enough. The only way to do that is to square up to tradition, look it square in the face and say: "Yes. We. Can!"

plike (Kerry) - Posts: 541 - 10/09/2019 15:05:35    2234137

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "I've got 2, paid for them last Thursday though they still haven't come through the letter box! If they haven't arrived by tomorrow I better get on the phone!!!
Its 50 years since my fathers first All-Ireland so he's going to come up for the match and we'll sit together, which means I'll have to behave myself unlike the last day :D
Could do with 1 or 2 more mind, there's a few people I know still looking.

Horse if your still stuck by the end of the week let us know, but surely you'll get one or two by then.

After hearing John Small has been seen with his thumb heavily bandaged but as you said Kingdomboy goodness knows how much truth is in anything you hear at this stage!!

I wonder if PK has something new up his sleeve and chance of a bolter from the pack at this late stage?"
I'd say Pk won't announce his team till Friday and even at that we'll have to wait till Saturday evening to find out if there is a bolter or not which is grand as it'l keep the dubs guessing as well.

Matt Cooper is doing a football special tomorrow evening live on the radio from coppers , it could be worth a listen for a laugh.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9968 - 10/09/2019 17:40:00    2234163

Link