Donegal Forum

Donegal Club Championship,S

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To MuckrossHead:  "Right enough, Eunan's that was some performance against a really classy Milford outfit.

Hard to see anyone stopping the city boys now."
Hi MuckrossHead and Eunans4Ever:. Let's call it here and now. Milford made St Eunans look like world beaters. Naomh Conaill are far from the force they once were. Gweedore look tired and barely hanging on. It's Kilcar's all day long, their pace and work rate is unbelievable.

AudiMan (Donegal) - Posts: 414 - 30/09/2019 11:05:15    2240243

Link

Replying To AudiMan:  "Hi MuckrossHead and Eunans4Ever:. Let's call it here and now. Milford made St Eunans look like world beaters. Naomh Conaill are far from the force they once were. Gweedore look tired and barely hanging on. It's Kilcar's all day long, their pace and work rate is unbelievable."
Tht sound you hear in the distance is Eunans head exploding!!

To say it's Kilcar's all day long is not true & I wouldn't write either St Eunan's or Gaoith Dobhair out lightly. Yes Milford were poor but there is not doubt about it Eunan's were impressive & Gaoit Dobhair have too many talented players not to be able to turn in a big performance on any given day, they are Ulster club champions after all.

Ther other factors that might tell against Kilcar are the weather, a dirty wet miserable day won't suit them as well as a bigger more physical team & tactics. Killybegs gave it a lash & that suits Kilcar down to the ground. If a team goes defensive then they might struggle more.

Having said all that Kilcar are favourites & rightfully so, Patriick barely broke sweat on Sunday & Michael Hegarty proved that class is permanent when brought on with 15 to go.

Glenties are the only side that I find it difficult to make a case for. Dogged & well organised they certainly are, they just lack the class the others have in abundance.

All to play for.

All to play for.

MuckrossHead (Donegal) - Posts: 4949 - 30/09/2019 12:09:57    2240268

Link

Replying To AudiMan:  "Hi MuckrossHead and Eunans4Ever:. Let's call it here and now. Milford made St Eunans look like world beaters. Naomh Conaill are far from the force they once were. Gweedore look tired and barely hanging on. It's Kilcar's all day long, their pace and work rate is unbelievable."
100%

ModernMaharaja (Donegal) - Posts: 29 - 30/09/2019 12:37:49    2240275

Link

Deferred coverage of Kilcar v Gweedore next Sunday @ 5.15pm on tg4

Curlew66 (Roscommon) - Posts: 353 - 30/09/2019 14:23:43    2240325

Link

I was able to get the Gweedore vs Bundoran game as well as our own on Sunday and was glad I did.
Gweedore can count themselves extremely lucky because if there was 1-2 more minutes then I think they would've been out.

I feel for Bundoran they're star forward just wasn't at the races in comparison to Hugh McFadden the night before who dragged his team back into the game.

I don't know the name of the ref at the weekend but he was cause for a lot of the hand bags on and off the field with his constant bad decisions and his lack of playing advantage to the attacking team. Paul brenan didn't deserve a red car either as all he did was push the Gweedore player over if that was a red the several other players should've walked especially Neill McGee.

As for the weekend coming I can see the NC vs Eunans game going either way with only 2-3 points in the difference and i can actually see Kilcar beating Gweedore by 5-8 points at a canter.

naomh_conaill_4 (Donegal) - Posts: 308 - 02/10/2019 13:53:26    2240933

Link

Replying To naomh_conaill_4:  "I was able to get the Gweedore vs Bundoran game as well as our own on Sunday and was glad I did.
Gweedore can count themselves extremely lucky because if there was 1-2 more minutes then I think they would've been out.

I feel for Bundoran they're star forward just wasn't at the races in comparison to Hugh McFadden the night before who dragged his team back into the game.

I don't know the name of the ref at the weekend but he was cause for a lot of the hand bags on and off the field with his constant bad decisions and his lack of playing advantage to the attacking team. Paul brenan didn't deserve a red car either as all he did was push the Gweedore player over if that was a red the several other players should've walked especially Neill McGee.

As for the weekend coming I can see the NC vs Eunans game going either way with only 2-3 points in the difference and i can actually see Kilcar beating Gweedore by 5-8 points at a canter."
"I feel for Bundoran they're star forward just wasn't at the races in comparison to Hugh McFadden the night before who dragged his team back into the game"

Killybegs were never in the game

ModernMaharaja (Donegal) - Posts: 29 - 03/10/2019 01:47:19    2241082

Link

Anyone advise of the ticket situation for Sunday? Is it pay at the gate or can they be bought in advance? also how much per adult/child etc? Cheers.

ManusFromHeaven (Donegal) - Posts: 232 - 03/10/2019 10:46:20    2241111

Link

Really looking forward to Sunday's double header. I expect st Eunans to beat Naomh conal I've been really impressed with eunans this year. The two o donnells and mc geehan are really playing well and with Shaun Patton in goals I think they'll get to the final. The Gweedore Kilcar game has the making of a humdinger two outstanding teams but I think Gweedores overall strength will see them safely through to a county final.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 694 - 03/10/2019 12:49:12    2241142

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "Really looking forward to Sunday's double header. I expect st Eunans to beat Naomh conal I've been really impressed with eunans this year. The two o donnells and mc geehan are really playing well and with Shaun Patton in goals I think they'll get to the final. The Gweedore Kilcar game has the making of a humdinger two outstanding teams but I think Gweedores overall strength will see them safely through to a county final."
Hi rorysboys:. Everyone seems to think St Eunans will win on Sunday. They scored 6pts in Gweedore and drew. Scored 1-18 v Ardara and won easily. They scored 12 pts in St Michael's and drew. Hammered a very poor Milford team who didn't lay a hand on them but this probably looked great on TV, hence everyone's optimism. I think the jury's still out on St Eunans.

AudiMan (Donegal) - Posts: 414 - 03/10/2019 21:06:48    2241231

Link

Replying To AudiMan:  "Hi rorysboys:. Everyone seems to think St Eunans will win on Sunday. They scored 6pts in Gweedore and drew. Scored 1-18 v Ardara and won easily. They scored 12 pts in St Michael's and drew. Hammered a very poor Milford team who didn't lay a hand on them but this probably looked great on TV, hence everyone's optimism. I think the jury's still out on St Eunans."
I get what your saying. But I have really been impressed with st eunans. There young have a brilliant goalkeeper . There defense is very good . I like there midfield. Probably there forwards might be a bit light but there young with huge potential add in Niall o donnell and you have the nucleus of a good team. N con all is a huge step up .a battle hardened team who are hurting from the last two final defeats. But I still think that eunans will win. But as we all know championship football is a different animal it's all on the day. The weather and ground conditions could have a major bearing on both games. Kilcar and eunans will both want a dry day.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 694 - 04/10/2019 09:49:27    2241281

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "I get what your saying. But I have really been impressed with st eunans. There young have a brilliant goalkeeper . There defense is very good . I like there midfield. Probably there forwards might be a bit light but there young with huge potential add in Niall o donnell and you have the nucleus of a good team. N con all is a huge step up .a battle hardened team who are hurting from the last two final defeats. But I still think that eunans will win. But as we all know championship football is a different animal it's all on the day. The weather and ground conditions could have a major bearing on both games. Kilcar and eunans will both want a dry day."
What's your predicted match-ups? N Conaill will see Niall as the main threat, probably put Mc Kelvey, 1 of the Dohertys or Ethan on him or maybe even 2 men a la Derry u-20's two years ago which sadly worked for them as our 20's seemed to be all built around Niall. For Mc Geehin probably Doherty at corner back a straight match-up. Eunans will see Mc Gettigan as the main threat, maybe E Doherty but Mc Gettigan is very quick so could be Ward, Mulgrew or Parke but the latter is more a traditional corner back. N Conaill have been trying the high ball in so Morrison on Mc Guinness with Kavanagh covering back. Leo likes to roam the field so maybe Caolan Ward there or Eamonn Doherty even more suited. C Thompson and C O Donnell midfield match-up.

AudiMan (Donegal) - Posts: 414 - 04/10/2019 13:54:14    2241334

Link

Replying To AudiMan:  "What's your predicted match-ups? N Conaill will see Niall as the main threat, probably put Mc Kelvey, 1 of the Dohertys or Ethan on him or maybe even 2 men a la Derry u-20's two years ago which sadly worked for them as our 20's seemed to be all built around Niall. For Mc Geehin probably Doherty at corner back a straight match-up. Eunans will see Mc Gettigan as the main threat, maybe E Doherty but Mc Gettigan is very quick so could be Ward, Mulgrew or Parke but the latter is more a traditional corner back. N Conaill have been trying the high ball in so Morrison on Mc Guinness with Kavanagh covering back. Leo likes to roam the field so maybe Caolan Ward there or Eamonn Doherty even more suited. C Thompson and C O Donnell midfield match-up."
The two standout players are Eoin Mc Gettigan and Niall o donnell. Eamon Doherty will probably pick up Mc Gettigan he's a very experienced man marker who has marked a lot of quality players. Who marks o donnell is not as clear cut I think they may put jeac Mc Kelvey on him, I don't think Ethan is a man marker. It'll be interesting to see how Ethan o donnell players I feel he's definitely county material. In the Kilcar Gweedore game the matchups will be interesting. Gary Mc fadden is there main man marker but I can't see him picking up paddy I think Neill Mc gee will get that job. More than likely Mc fadden ferry will go with Ryan Mc hugh..

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 694 - 04/10/2019 18:23:14    2241379

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "The two standout players are Eoin Mc Gettigan and Niall o donnell. Eamon Doherty will probably pick up Mc Gettigan he's a very experienced man marker who has marked a lot of quality players. Who marks o donnell is not as clear cut I think they may put jeac Mc Kelvey on him, I don't think Ethan is a man marker. It'll be interesting to see how Ethan o donnell players I feel he's definitely county material. In the Kilcar Gweedore game the matchups will be interesting. Gary Mc fadden is there main man marker but I can't see him picking up paddy I think Neill Mc gee will get that job. More than likely Mc fadden ferry will go with Ryan Mc hugh.."
Mc Fadden Ferry looks the obvious choice for Ryan alright. Neil was sweeping against Bundoran but may have to pick up somebody if Kilcar go with Eoin and the 2 Mc Breartys inside like they done last week but I think Kilcar will take both Eoin and Stephen out the field and look to run hard at Gweedore with M Mc Clean going inside with Paddy so G Mc Fadden on Paddy and C Mc Fadden on Mc Clean with Neil sweeping. B O Donnell seems to be Kilcar's main man marker, could be used on Dara O Baoill who was Gweedore's main threat last week. Killybegs use of long high ball into full forward Cunningham caused Kilcar bother last week, could Gweedore go with Cassidy and Gavin Mc Bride and even Mac Niallais inside, don't think Kilcar would have the manpower for something like that especially with Pauric Carr now injured. Andrew Mc Clean at half back on Mulligan or Naoise. Who picks up Mac Niallais as Hegarty will likely sit at CHB. Decisions Decisions.

AudiMan (Donegal) - Posts: 414 - 04/10/2019 19:24:20    2241393

Link

Gaoth Dobhair and Eunans double tomorrow,think Kilcar won't cope with the physical battle, also think Eunans have a great young team and they will have gained a massive confidence boost from the big win in the semi.

Tirchonaill1 (Donegal) - Posts: 783 - 05/10/2019 21:33:16    2241538

Link

is the matches live on facebook today ?
What page is it

just_the_facts (Cavan) - Posts: 158 - 06/10/2019 07:39:00    2241562

Link

Replying To just_the_facts:  "is the matches live on facebook today ?
What page is it"
Never you mind about the match..there's work to be done..

RoryGall35 (Donegal) - Posts: 62 - 06/10/2019 10:25:39    2241574

Link

Replying To just_the_facts:  "is the matches live on facebook today ?
What page is it"
https://donegalgaa.ie/donegal-tv/

angaeltacht (Donegal) - Posts: 4 - 06/10/2019 10:35:30    2241575

Link

Replying To angaeltacht:  "https://donegalgaa.ie/donegal-tv/"
Thanks for that.
Clicked on link, only giving the option of watching the 1st semi final.
Is it not showing the kilcar game as its deferred on TG4 i wonder ?

just_the_facts (Cavan) - Posts: 158 - 06/10/2019 12:05:49    2241583

Link

Replying To just_the_facts:  "Thanks for that.
Clicked on link, only giving the option of watching the 1st semi final.
Is it not showing the kilcar game as its deferred on TG4 i wonder ?"
Just pay the 5e..you would know your a Cavan man anyway..

RoryGall35 (Donegal) - Posts: 62 - 06/10/2019 13:22:05    2241592

Link

Eunans by 3

Gweedore by whatever they like

eunans4ever (Donegal) - Posts: 1139 - 06/10/2019 13:22:36    2241593

Link