Donegal Forum

Donegal Club Championship,S

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Lockjaw:  "Cannot see that happening unless he is moving to work in Dublin."
Let's nip this one in the bud. There hasn't been a sniff of Hughie moving back to Dublin to work. He is friendly with one of the lads currently playing with Lucan but he's off to warmer climes for a couple of years. Hughie is going nowhere,

themaddog (Wicklow) - Posts: 70 - 08/08/2019 15:51:14    2222724

Link

I see gweedore gave bundoran a big beating today following on from a big win against glenswilly. I wonder are they timing their run just right. They have loads of talent.

Ulsterchamps_32 (Donegal) - Posts: 263 - 11/08/2019 20:59:50    2224289

Link

Replying To Ulsterchamps_32:  "I see gweedore gave bundoran a big beating today following on from a big win against glenswilly. I wonder are they timing their run just right. They have loads of talent."
Yes indeed and Michael Carroll scored 1-4..could he make a claim for a county spot at all. To my fellow Gweedore Gaels..is he good enough?

RoryGall35 (Donegal) - Posts: 72 - 12/08/2019 00:19:24    2224395

Link

Who's the favourites for intermediate? Haven't seen any odds online. Don't think there's any standout team this year though I'd fancy Cloughaneely to do a lot better than last year. St Nauls going well in the league and will also be hard beat

DL_Man (Donegal) - Posts: 24 - 16/08/2019 13:06:00    2226384

Link

Replying To DL_Man:  "Who's the favourites for intermediate? Haven't seen any odds online. Don't think there's any standout team this year though I'd fancy Cloughaneely to do a lot better than last year. St Nauls going well in the league and will also be hard beat"
I fancy Cloughaneely provided Jason McGee is fully fit.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2260 - 18/08/2019 03:57:23    2226900

Link

Replying To RoryGall35:  "Yes indeed and Michael Carroll scored 1-4..could he make a claim for a county spot at all. To my fellow Gweedore Gaels..is he good enough?"
He is for sure. He left the panel due to a lack of game time not due to the fact he wasn't good enough. If you take Mc Fadden Ferry for an example, if you stick at it, you do get rewarded.

Carroll, S. Mc Brearty, Odhran, Ciaran Gillespie, Mulligan and young Aaron Doherty(probably still light next year also) but if you have them in your squad, it's the best 26 man panel in Ireland.

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 429 - 18/08/2019 22:04:15    2227281

Link

Aodh Ruadh should win the intermediate. They can be hit and miss and suspect against a team with maturity and a solid defensive unit but when they can hit a purple patch and take you for a couple of goals they're hard to stop.

They seemed to bottle it last year but maybe the extra year has brought them on?

St Nauls and Cloughaneeley the other two contenders.

Samsforthehills (Donegal) - Posts: 1022 - 19/08/2019 18:23:21    2227640

Link

Replying To Samsforthehills:  "Aodh Ruadh should win the intermediate. They can be hit and miss and suspect against a team with maturity and a solid defensive unit but when they can hit a purple patch and take you for a couple of goals they're hard to stop.

They seemed to bottle it last year but maybe the extra year has brought them on?

St Nauls and Cloughaneeley the other two contenders."
aodh ruadh to win intermediate????... really! not unless all the games are played in Fr Tierney Park. they fold on the road against anyone who puts it up to them. Have one or two being pushed the Democrat for the county team who neither have the application or the temperament to be serious footballers.. might make the last 4 or even the final, but will be found wanting (again) on the big day......... but then ballyshannon have a distinguished history of producing players who are not half as good as they think they are.

totalrecall (Leitrim) - Posts: 486 - 20/08/2019 15:10:26    2227912

Link

Glenswilly have beefed up their backroom team the Messiah has returned apparently.

neutral (None) - Posts: 282 - 20/08/2019 20:02:49    2228012

Link

Replying To totalrecall:  "aodh ruadh to win intermediate????... really! not unless all the games are played in Fr Tierney Park. they fold on the road against anyone who puts it up to them. Have one or two being pushed the Democrat for the county team who neither have the application or the temperament to be serious footballers.. might make the last 4 or even the final, but will be found wanting (again) on the big day......... but then ballyshannon have a distinguished history of producing players who are not half as good as they think they are."
Don't think it's that mad a shout is it really when they were in the final last year and 2nd in division 2 as it stands.

Sounds like you know more about them than the rest of us which is fair enough. Who are the players the Democrat are tipping?

Samsforthehills (Donegal) - Posts: 1022 - 21/08/2019 09:25:47    2228082

Link

Replying To TheRock2121:  "He is for sure. He left the panel due to a lack of game time not due to the fact he wasn't good enough. If you take Mc Fadden Ferry for an example, if you stick at it, you do get rewarded.

Carroll, S. Mc Brearty, Odhran, Ciaran Gillespie, Mulligan and young Aaron Doherty(probably still light next year also) but if you have them in your squad, it's the best 26 man panel in Ireland."
Ok thanks for that therock2121..hopefully he committes next year and all those players you mention..WOW! we'd have a serious squad if those players commit please God. Can I also ask you about Cian Mulligan? What's his story do you know?

RoryGall35 (Donegal) - Posts: 72 - 21/08/2019 13:45:02    2228214

Link

Looks like we will have some weak teams in the last 8. Gweedore and eunans, Kilcar and Bundoran, Glenties and Dungloe, Glenswilly and Milford.

ryan (Donegal) - Posts: 452 - 21/08/2019 15:15:55    2228250

Link

Replying To RoryGall35:  "Ok thanks for that therock2121..hopefully he committes next year and all those players you mention..WOW! we'd have a serious squad if those players commit please God. Can I also ask you about Cian Mulligan? What's his story do you know?"
No idea. Just heard that about Carroll might not even be true but id imagine it is.

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 429 - 21/08/2019 20:16:51    2228350

Link

Replying To Samsforthehills:  "Don't think it's that mad a shout is it really when they were in the final last year and 2nd in division 2 as it stands.

Sounds like you know more about them than the rest of us which is fair enough. Who are the players the Democrat are tipping?"
The usual really. Many are about the scene and a few young lads with potential.

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 429 - 21/08/2019 20:18:15    2228351

Link

Replying To ryan:  "Looks like we will have some weak teams in the last 8. Gweedore and eunans, Kilcar and Bundoran, Glenties and Dungloe, Glenswilly and Milford."
Hi Ryan: Can't see Dungloe or Milford doing much now that the soccer season is upon us.

AudiMan (Donegal) - Posts: 420 - 22/08/2019 23:15:39    2228661

Link

Replying To RoryGall35:  "Ok thanks for that therock2121..hopefully he committes next year and all those players you mention..WOW! we'd have a serious squad if those players commit please God. Can I also ask you about Cian Mulligan? What's his story do you know?"
Mulligan was apparently in an important final year at college last year and couldnt commit.

Has an Ulster Medal with Declan Bonner at Minor, U21 and Senior so if he can commit next season there is no doubt Declan rates him.

ManusFromHeaven (Donegal) - Posts: 251 - 26/08/2019 12:22:38    2229373

Link

Replying To ManusFromHeaven:  "Mulligan was apparently in an important final year at college last year and couldnt commit.

Has an Ulster Medal with Declan Bonner at Minor, U21 and Senior so if he can commit next season there is no doubt Declan rates him."
Where is he in college? Don't recollect Mulligan playing any college football.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2260 - 26/08/2019 18:55:00    2229510

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "Where is he in college? Don't recollect Mulligan playing any college football."
DCU.

Definitely played Sigerson and in the O'Byrne cup a few years ago anyway.

Samsforthehills (Donegal) - Posts: 1022 - 27/08/2019 11:35:22    2229730

Link

Well the club championship is almost here. I wonder will there be any change to fixtures with the AI final replay on Saturday week? I was just on the website there and can see that there are a few fixtures penciled in for the Saturday evening:

St Michaels - Gaoth Dobhair
Dungloe - Glenties
Milford - Glenfin

My quarter finalist predictions are:

Gaoth Dobhair
Eunans
Glenties
Killybegs
Glenswilly
Glenfin
Kilcar
Bundoran

Lockjaw (Donegal) - Posts: 6650 - 02/09/2019 12:07:36    2231807

Link

Replying To Lockjaw:  "Well the club championship is almost here. I wonder will there be any change to fixtures with the AI final replay on Saturday week? I was just on the website there and can see that there are a few fixtures penciled in for the Saturday evening:

St Michaels - Gaoth Dobhair
Dungloe - Glenties
Milford - Glenfin

My quarter finalist predictions are:

Gaoth Dobhair
Eunans
Glenties
Killybegs
Glenswilly
Glenfin
Kilcar
Bundoran"
teams have the option to change the throw in time to accommodate the all ireland

donegal2019 (Donegal) - Posts: 3 - 04/09/2019 11:58:49    2232684

Link