Westmeath Forum

Intermediate Hurling Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

It's wide open and any team could be knocked out bar castletown. Raharney have southern Gaels left so they should be through aswell. Cullion , Ringtown and plunketts fighting for 2 spots essentially . Was anyone at the games last week ?

Gaawestmeath (Westmeath) - Posts: 34 - 26/08/2019 17:45:44    2229497

Link

Replying To Gaawestmeath:  "It's wide open and any team could be knocked out bar castletown. Raharney have southern Gaels left so they should be through aswell. Cullion , Ringtown and plunketts fighting for 2 spots essentially . Was anyone at the games last week ?"
So Raharney v Castletown and Cullion Ringtown are the semi finals?
Who do we fancy? I think they are fixed for the same evening of the All Ireland football replay so they may be moved around.

soreknee (Westmeath) - Posts: 117 - 02/09/2019 10:18:54    2231742

Link

I seen the plunketts v Ringtown game and it was a game of two half's with a high number of frees. Not a great game to watch with I think 14 scored frees for Plunketts and 8 for Ringtown ( in the paper). The championship really starts now so form doesn't mean for much but no team is coming in on fire. Raharney will beat Ctg by around 8-10 points easy win Imo. Cullion v Ringtown will be a toss up. Cullion hammered Ctg who are a shell of the team they had at the start of the year . Ringtown best Cullion a week ago but struggled against Plunketts so it will be a great game I'm hoping if the game two weeks ago is anything to go by intensity wise.

Gaawestmeath (Westmeath) - Posts: 34 - 04/09/2019 14:54:28    2232763

Link

Great game of hurling Cullion to fight back from 7 points down showed some heart Raharney turned up and hurled really well with good experience players and good young players game was up and down open game hope replay be the same .Cullion to sneak it by a point r two but ya never know with Raharney .not a bad stroke pull in the game hard hitting open way hurling should be played hope for the same Saturday.

refaball (Westmeath) - Posts: 38 - 30/09/2019 22:47:51    2240479

Link

Replying To refaball:  "Great game of hurling Cullion to fight back from 7 points down showed some heart Raharney turned up and hurled really well with good experience players and good young players game was up and down open game hope replay be the same .Cullion to sneak it by a point r two but ya never know with Raharney .not a bad stroke pull in the game hard hitting open way hurling should be played hope for the same Saturday."
It was great entertainment two teams who wanted to play and a ref who didnt want to be seen. I dont know about Cullion getting over the line as aparte from the opening and closeing ten minutes Raharney were better but Lets hope its as good saturday

jobber (Westmeath) - Posts: 715 - 01/10/2019 08:14:37    2240511

Link

Jack Galvin is the difference between winning and losing. Just depends how much Raharney can stop him or keep him out of the game.

soreknee (Westmeath) - Posts: 117 - 01/10/2019 11:17:42    2240566

Link

Replying To soreknee:  "Jack Galvin is the difference between winning and losing. Just depends how much Raharney can stop him or keep him out of the game."
It was a great game.
He's a fine young player, with an unusual style.
In any of the games where he was curtailed Cullion didn't have anyone else to make an impact due to lads injured

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1703 - 01/10/2019 15:09:23    2240666

Link