Kildare Forum

Cill Dara V Tír Eoghain

(Oldest Posts First)

The start of the adventure or the end of the road? I'm an optimist and I'm looking forward to a glorious game of football with some serious bite to it.

AnFearBan (Kildare) - Posts: 30 - 24/06/2019 09:32:08    2199638

Link

No reason we can't win this one. We have the forwards to do damage...but if Tyrone revert to more defensive again we have a history of not coping with teams who set up that way. (I see that as our problem by the way not theirs)

KildareKelly (Kildare) - Posts: 581 - 24/06/2019 09:53:22    2199658

Link

Happy enough with that draw especially in Newbridge. Should be a full house.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1588 - 24/06/2019 12:14:12    2199811

Link

Looking forward to the occasion.
Tyrone a very good team. In an All Ireland Final last year.
We had a good win on Saturday. Gonna need that (and more) to win next weekend.

Dr.Watson (Kildare) - Posts: 193 - 24/06/2019 12:50:36    2199850

Link

Replying To St.Conleth:  "Happy enough with that draw especially in Newbridge. Should be a full house."
What's the capacity at these days?

Jack_Goff (Meath) - Posts: 2898 - 25/06/2019 12:22:59    2200554

Link

Replying To Jack_Goff:  "What's the capacity at these days?"
Think it's 8,600.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1588 - 26/06/2019 08:58:04    2201058

Link

Haven't been on this forum for a long time as I was getting over of McGeeney sacking which I described at the time as a massive retro decision. Took this afternoon off on the first decent evening of the unpredictable Irish summer to watch my beloved Kildare in the Championship playing Tyrone on their own pat in St Conleths. The debacle of a performance I sat through for 50 mins was enough for me, never in the modern era have I seen a team so devoid of a game winning plan as this Kildare team today. What is going on in KILDARE (rhetorical I know) does the county board deserve to survive this debacle hardly. Cian O'Neill what he playing at Newbridge or nowhere rings hollow now
As a Kildare fan after last years epic U20 AI win with a team that that I like the general GAA public acknowledged as special a lot more was expected a lot more than a surrender (the get go ) in Newbridge. Big questions to be answered Tier 2 AI is about what the system is fit for after this debacle.

solohopsolo (USA) - Posts: 6 - 29/06/2019 22:11:04    2202582

Link

Just posted a hard hitting message on HS which was approved because although questioning was positive but don't see it on either the National Forum or Kildare Forum whats the craic

solohopsolo (USA) - Posts: 6 - 29/06/2019 22:18:54    2202592

Link

I think we have some good footballers but we need a manager that can organize the defense. We concede a huge amount of scores and hardly get a tackle in. We should be pushing div 1 teams much closer.

Pharmstrong (Kildare) - Posts: 27 - 30/06/2019 10:55:35    2202762

Link

A Chairde, I asked the question at the top "The start of the adventure or the end of the road? I'm an optimist and I'm looking forward to a glorious game of football with some serious bite to it.", unfortunately we got the end of the road, and nothing of what I was hoping for, no glorious game, no serious bite.

I have to agree with the previous comments about our defence, we seem to have forgetting how to man on man tackle, get in front of the man, get a hand in, man mark, first up tackle, the team defending has been a little better but we are standing far to far away from our men. Our kick outs strategy didn't work and we were taken to the cleaners in the two games we lost, we have to at least have 50% of all first phase possession, the majority coming from your own kick outs, which you control. Until we sort out the two above issues we won't be in the fight long enough to land a punch.

I'm an optimist and believe there is enough talent in the county to complete at a Div 1 level, but we are currently missing the bloody mindedness, mental fortitude and game craft that our opponents have. We need to sort out the defence and kick outs first, and build from there. Cill Dara Abú!!

AnFearBan (Kildare) - Posts: 30 - 01/07/2019 10:58:46    2203389

Link