Monaghan Forum

Division 1 - 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Farney:  "Anybody got the list of subs not used from the game on Saturday?"
Conor Forde, John McCarro , Dessie Mone, Neil McAdam, Paudie McKenna and Barry McGinn

Pukefootball (Monaghan) - Posts: 377 - 18/03/2019 14:15:37    2173402

Link

Replying To shaggylegend:  "Back to yesterday game it showed the injuries picked up the league have had a massive baring on our position. If Boyle,Kelly and Kieran Duffy players in Kerry I believe we would have won.
Add O'Hanlon, Ward, Hughes and Kearns into the mix and we are a serious outfit when everyone is fit.

Just a special mention to Conor McCarthy who I thought really stepped up. Won two vital frees by running at the Cavan defence, got a couple of points but his work all around the field was exceptional.
Won two vital balls in the full back line in the first half. He has the ability now just needs to be given the chance he deserves."
I'm glad Cavan didn't get to see O'Hanlon first hand. He's still something of an unknown quantity and the less they know the better. Good result on Saturday, Cavan have the same failings they had 10 years ago and now they've added indiscipline too! Game took the course of most matches between us recently in that in the end our superior forwards proved to be the difference. This weekend is going to be tough. No love lost between Mayo and Monaghan. I think Kerry's defeat v Mayo helps as there's a league title beckoning for them now so hopefully they'll do the job in The Hyde.

FootblockREF (Monaghan) - Posts: 263 - 19/03/2019 04:53:46    2173585

Link

Come championship McCarthy and OHanlon need to be playing either side of Mansy aswell as Jack at no 11 for us to be able to take our attacking game to the next level and win the big games in Croker!

Monaghan2000 (Monaghan) - Posts: 7 - 19/03/2019 15:42:07    2173726

Link