Kerry Forum

2019 National League

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Horsebox77:  "In my opinion the only starter is Gavin White. I see Shane Murphy as our sub keeper, I think Ryan is a step ahead of both he and Kelly at the moment but I would have the Crokes man ahead of Kelly.

I think Burns has something to offer from breaking ball and he has the ability to break the tackle, it may be off the bench though, i think Casey's race is run as has Buckley's and I have seen nothing in the last few months to change my opinion. I agree Shaw is one for the future and the same reasoning applies to Brosnan but just not yet.

Again club form and club championships could hinder intercounty progress.

I will be watching a few positions tomorrow night, hopefully Ryan will be back between the sticks, hopefully Sherwood too will man the edge of the square. I wonder who will start in midfield with Jack Barry and also will James or Clifford see much game time"
Could Gavin white play midfield horse? He's no small boy. Or will he man the center of defense?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 8437 - 22/03/2019 10:36:03    2174329

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "I suppose Cox will be all out to prove a point, funnily enough I think this game could be ideal for either Foley or Enright, I have seen both mark the Listowel man in the past and trust me there will be no love lost there. I have seen both take the Listowel man in the past

The Rossies too have a big and mobile midfield paring that will test Jack Barr6 and who ever his midfield pairing is for the day"
Midfield is probably our biggest weakness

Douglas_44 (Roscommon) - Posts: 25 - 22/03/2019 13:24:18    2174366

Link

Ryan
PCrowley
Sherwood
GO'Sullivan
TO'Sullivan
Murphy
GCrowley
Barry
Diarmuid O'Connor
Moynihan
O'Shea
SO'Brien
Mccharty
Walsh
Clifford

Kelly
Enright
Morley
Foley
Beaglaoich
Griffin
GO'Brien
Conor Geaney
O'Donoghue
Lyne
KSpillane

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 128 - 22/03/2019 20:11:55    2174432

Link

Great team named.
Shane ryan
P Crowley Sherwood graham O'sullivan
G Crowley Murphy Tom Sullivan
Jack Barry diarmuid o'Connor
Dara Moynihan Seanie Shea SOS
Kevin McCarthy Tommy David Clifford.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 8437 - 22/03/2019 20:14:24    2174433

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  "Ryan
PCrowley
Sherwood
GO'Sullivan
TO'Sullivan
Murphy
GCrowley
Barry
Diarmuid O'Connor
Moynihan
O'Shea
SO'Brien
Mccharty
Walsh
Clifford

Kelly
Enright
Morley
Foley
Beaglaoich
Griffin
GO'Brien
Conor Geaney
O'Donoghue
Lyne
KSpillane"
No crokes boys in yet but then again they may take a rest.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 8437 - 22/03/2019 20:18:33    2174435

Link

Like the look of that team, happy that Ryan & Sherwood are back, very interested too in how Graham Sullivan will fair out, he has loads of potential and was very very impressive in UCC's Sigeron win. I wonder will he be taking Cox if so it will be a good test.

Diarmuid is an interesting choice in a way, it is his natural position bu5 he may be a bit raw yet for intercounty midfield. Would he be able for say to go toe to toe with someone of the physical ability of an Aidan O'Shea but his mobility the bonus so ya this may work as the two have a good understanding from club level.

Good to see DC back, it's a dangerous full forward line but this may be Kevin McCarthys last chance. Personally I would have rested Stephen O'Brien and retained Gavin O'Brien but that's me just being picky.

Still though very happy with the selection.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 3760 - 22/03/2019 21:25:20    2174444

Link

I like that team. Interesting that he has gone with O'Connor in the middle. The Spillane/ Griffin experiment is probably over, neither are going to be able to hold a place there.

That FF line is a handful

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1083 - 22/03/2019 21:37:24    2174448

Link

Ya no Crokes boys yet, but I suppose they went one the tear after Sunday and rightly so it's well deserved actually have they named a Captain yet? I take it will be Gavin ya?

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 3760 - 22/03/2019 21:38:34    2174449

Link

I like it, great to see Clifford back. Sherwood was missed and think we should stick with Ryan.
Very interesting seeing O'Connor named midfield I suppose we need options so why not!
No Tom O'Se on bench.
But its probably near enough the strongest team we have so their out for a result and to make the League final!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 4355 - 22/03/2019 21:45:09    2174450

Link

If my memory serves me right this will be young Graham O'Sullivans first full start? Good luck to him on Sunday

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1083 - 22/03/2019 21:52:13    2174453

Link

Very interesting but also good selection. I'm delighted to see Ryan and Sherwood restored, two big pluses. Also I am very happy that Graham O'Sullivan is getting a chance, he is a very promising player. Diarmuid O'Connor at midfield is very interesting alright. Personally I haven't been too impressed with him but he is very young. I think he is very light and would be blown out of it at midfield but I suppose we aren't overloaded with options so he might suit some opponents. Great to see Clifford back but it took me slightly by surprise considering he didn't even come on against Mayo. I'd actually agree with resting Gavin O'Brien, Mayo was his poorest game and he looked very tired. He has a lot less conditioning work done down through the years compared to others. No Mikey Geaney, Tomás O'Sé or Adrian Spillane on the bench. Mikey Geaney has not really impressed when he has come on so his place on the panel may be in jeopardy. Adrian Spillane lost Ruane for the goal, I wonder is PK that ruthless? If Tomás O'Sé is not injured I am very disappointed he is not on the panel. I think he is a great option from the bench.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 128 - 22/03/2019 22:15:47    2174458

Link

Actually Tomas O'Sé is apparently injured.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 128 - 22/03/2019 22:19:41    2174460

Link