Louth Forum

Division 3B (2019)

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

With the negativity surrounding the new championship proposal. I want to focus on the bew division 3B. I think it will be a closely fought league this year and most clubs will relish the home and away aspect. Maybe it might oave the way for Louth to to from a previous 3 tier league to 6?

Anyway first question is, there has been talk of Annaighminon entering the league. Is there any truth to this? Be great if they did. No clubs main squad should have to languish down in the second team leagues, with infrequent games and unfair differences in squads. They definitely could potentially push anyone of the teams in the divison this year.

Also looking forward to see how Cuch Gaels do. Big year for them. With potentially tighter games for them, their players may respond more positively and give even more commitment to the club and them raise to the next level

BluenYellow (Louth) - Posts: 103 - 17/01/2019 11:43:02    2157725

Link

Replying To BluenYellow:  "With the negativity surrounding the new championship proposal. I want to focus on the bew division 3B. I think it will be a closely fought league this year and most clubs will relish the home and away aspect. Maybe it might oave the way for Louth to to from a previous 3 tier league to 6?

Anyway first question is, there has been talk of Annaighminon entering the league. Is there any truth to this? Be great if they did. No clubs main squad should have to languish down in the second team leagues, with infrequent games and unfair differences in squads. They definitely could potentially push anyone of the teams in the divison this year.

Also looking forward to see how Cuch Gaels do. Big year for them. With potentially tighter games for them, their players may respond more positively and give even more commitment to the club and them raise to the next level"
Looking forward to seen the Nick's and tones this year.. couple of good additions into both clubs could give them the push they need.

Southsider1 (Louth) - Posts: 11 - 17/01/2019 13:22:36    2157759

Link

Anniminnon are entering 3B this year I work with one or two of them they are right need to come back up they will still be hard bet down there! Should be a tight league have to imagine going by last season the winners will come from Tones Westerns Mitchels Seans but could be wrong Nicks Dhill Cgeals Buckets will be no push overs

bennypoor (Louth) - Posts: 327 - 17/01/2019 14:01:09    2157772

Link

A-n-n-a-g-h-m-i-n-n-o-n Rovers

Annaghminnon Rovers GFC

Ragaire Annachminnon CPG

Just to clear that up benny.

Shearer (Louth) - Posts: 730 - 19/01/2019 13:00:41    2158180

Link

Thanks that's really important

bennypoor (Louth) - Posts: 327 - 19/01/2019 22:44:08    2158324

Link

Replying To Shearer:  "A-n-n-a-g-h-m-i-n-n-o-n Rovers

Annaghminnon Rovers GFC

Ragaire Annachminnon CPG

Just to clear that up benny."
Allluminion Rovers as we used to call it years ago

GAAdundalk (Louth) - Posts: 482 - 20/01/2019 20:30:40    2158516

Link

Replying To GAAdundalk:  "Allluminion Rovers as we used to call it years ago"
Or the Buckets for short

bennypoor (Louth) - Posts: 327 - 20/01/2019 22:19:05    2158540

Link

Replying To bennypoor:  "Or the Buckets for short"
Heard of Aluminium Rovers but never the buckets. Is that one you came up with yourself Bennypoor? Very original. Well done.

Shearer (Louth) - Posts: 730 - 20/01/2019 22:29:36    2158544

Link

It would be good to see the rovers in division 3b they've a great set up and have spent long enough in division 6. I'd fancy the tones to win it they seem to be the only team out of the lot who have moved forward in the last few years. The seans will be hard bet in mountrush. Could come down to the luck of the draw for the Westerns if they have Thomas durnin for the so called harder games to get them over the line.

jayjayc (Louth) - Posts: 22 - 21/01/2019 10:14:01    2158580

Link

Replying To jayjayc:  "It would be good to see the rovers in division 3b they've a great set up and have spent long enough in division 6. I'd fancy the tones to win it they seem to be the only team out of the lot who have moved forward in the last few years. The seans will be hard bet in mountrush. Could come down to the luck of the draw for the Westerns if they have Thomas durnin for the so called harder games to get them over the line."
3b will not be as clear cut as you think Tones have had there best season in 30 years winning 4 games I wouldn't be tipping them just yet .

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 96 - 21/01/2019 14:57:15    2158663

Link

Replying To N08CUTN:  "3b will not be as clear cut as you think Tones have had there best season in 30 years winning 4 games I wouldn't be tipping them just yet ."
I don't think it will be clear cut I fancy the tones over the other teams they have good number and a few quality players and a good manager who's been over the team a few years. Whereas the other teams have new managers. It will be tight at the top come the end. Any word on the start of the kevin mullen or groups ?

jayjayc (Louth) - Posts: 22 - 21/01/2019 17:31:01    2158710

Link

Great to hear about Annaighmonon. Good move on their part and should improve the interest in the club over the next few years as they will have more frequent games. For first time in a long time all of Louth's clubs have a first team represented in Div 1-3(3b). Is interest in GAA growing in Louth?

I am personally really looking forward to the league this, should present some cracking fixtures. It'll be a real close league, with the Westerns, Seans, Mitchells and Tones all having close games between each other last year. Nicks could still have a say who tops the league, as Pentony Park is not a tough place to go too.

I feel this could set a precedence for the leagues in Louth for the future, with Div 1 & 2 being split also. Home and away just makes sense. Gives a team a chance to rectify a poor day against their nearest challengers for league position.

BluenYellow (Louth) - Posts: 103 - 22/01/2019 10:46:31    2158842

Link

Replying To BluenYellow:  "Great to hear about Annaighmonon. Good move on their part and should improve the interest in the club over the next few years as they will have more frequent games. For first time in a long time all of Louth's clubs have a first team represented in Div 1-3(3b). Is interest in GAA growing in Louth?

I am personally really looking forward to the league this, should present some cracking fixtures. It'll be a real close league, with the Westerns, Seans, Mitchells and Tones all having close games between each other last year. Nicks could still have a say who tops the league, as Pentony Park is not a tough place to go too.

I feel this could set a precedence for the leagues in Louth for the future, with Div 1 & 2 being split also. Home and away just makes sense. Gives a team a chance to rectify a poor day against their nearest challengers for league position."
I don't think the Mitchell's will be in 3B as they finished 7th last year so top 7 in 3A bottom 6 + Anna rovers in 3B.

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 141 - 22/01/2019 18:56:17    2158959

Link

Replying To TopDog(lu):  "I don't think the Mitchell's will be in 3B as they finished 7th last year so top 7 in 3A bottom 6 + Anna rovers in 3B."
I thought it was 6 in 3a and the rest in 3b.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 22/01/2019 22:12:11    2159001

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "I thought it was 6 in 3a and the rest in 3b."
Then 3A only get 10 games & B get 14. It not great only playing 5 teams they could at least up it to 6 so they both get even amount of games in there Div.

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 141 - 22/01/2019 22:48:00    2159010

Link

Replying To TopDog(lu):  "Then 3A only get 10 games & B get 14. It not great only playing 5 teams they could at least up it to 6 so they both get even amount of games in there Div."
That'd make sense, but can it be done even though it contrasts the original motion, by GAA rules?

BluenYellow (Louth) - Posts: 103 - 23/01/2019 12:07:16    2159075

Link

Replying To BluenYellow:  "That'd make sense, but can it be done even though it contrasts the original motion, by GAA rules?"
Probably not but the best thing to do is ask the Mitchell's do they want to play in A or B could be big difference to them in building a team in 3B & winning the Division or maybe not winning a game at all in 3A. it's a real game changer.

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 141 - 23/01/2019 18:28:54    2159144

Link

Replying To TopDog(lu):  "Probably not but the best thing to do is ask the Mitchell's do they want to play in A or B could be big difference to them in building a team in 3B & winning the Division or maybe not winning a game at all in 3A. it's a real game changer."
I'm not 100% sure on the split lads just the way I remembered it. It was probably based without counting Ann Rovers. I know what you are saying about Mitchels but keeping divisions even would be good in terms of clubs getting even amount of games. I think it can be changed in February when competition regulations proposed and accepted don't quote me on that either I've been known to be wrong

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 23/01/2019 23:21:10    2159196

Link

The leagues were done without Ann Rovers so I'd imagine they be staying like that for the first season anyway maybe two might go up at the end of the league this season! I always thought div2 Being slipt in half was a better idea let Roche Kevins Naps n Dunleer go up have division 3 Mals Staboo Mitchels Seans Westerns Tones Dhill Nicks Cgeals AnnRovers think it be more even can't see Staboo winning a game in 3A this year Mals might struggle too Mitchels would definitely struggle to win a game in it too if it was this season

bennypoor (Louth) - Posts: 327 - 24/01/2019 11:24:46    2159245

Link

I think the leagues should be split as follows;
Division 1A-8 teams
Division 1B-8 teams
Division 2A-7 teams
Division 2B-7 teams
Division 3 -8 teams

This was the structure before the change to the current in 2007 and it was more competitive and the promotion/relegation implications where more exciting.

rocky92 (Louth) - Posts: 55 - 24/01/2019 11:55:36    2159255

Link