Limerick Forum

Official Limerick Senior Hurling 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Limerick__73:  "Has many people on here parked at the Luas car park by the red cow and got the Luas out to Croke Park? Just wondering is there a lot of parking in the car park or would I be better off driving in and parking closer to croke park?"
its a cinge getting on no bother parking normally but coming back is the problem could wait an hour to get Luas with the big crowd

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 465 - 17/07/2019 16:35:45    2212416

Link

Replying To OpenStand:  "If you drive across at Naas to Maynooth train station and get the train to Drumcondra is another way of beating city Traffic"
I was looking on Irish rail but all the later trains seem to be booked out online. Latest train is 19:10 that is available. Thanks for all the advice lads

Limerick__73 (Limerick) - Posts: 72 - 17/07/2019 19:12:54    2212495

Link

Can't see us losing against Kilkenny. Fully expect us to win by at least 5 pts. Maybe foolish but can't see us not winning All Ireland from here. Can't see how Kilkenny will deal with our half forward line. If we can keep Fennelly quiet Kilkenny won't have a goal threat and they will need to score at least 2 to be near us at full time.

08-LK-2018 (Limerick) - Posts: 7 - 17/07/2019 21:30:46    2212552

Link

Replying To 08-LK-2018:  "Can't see us losing against Kilkenny. Fully expect us to win by at least 5 pts. Maybe foolish but can't see us not winning All Ireland from here. Can't see how Kilkenny will deal with our half forward line. If we can keep Fennelly quiet Kilkenny won't have a goal threat and they will need to score at least 2 to be near us at full time."
That's exactly what a lot of Cork people thought too and look how that turned out for them.
I hope you are right but wouldn't share your confidence.

Fitzy01 (Limerick) - Posts: 166 - 17/07/2019 22:50:51    2212581

Link

Great news to hear Richie McCarthy is back in full training, If he is anyway fit enough I would have him on the bench for the Kilkenny game he would be a very good back up option.

DUALSUPPORT (Limerick) - Posts: 545 - 17/07/2019 23:49:51    2212599

Link

Replying To Fitzy01:  "That's exactly what a lot of Cork people thought too and look how that turned out for them.
I hope you are right but wouldn't share your confidence."
i agree I am by no means over confident for this game. However, it was always difficult to understand this huge optimism which emanated from Cork supporters and indeed some 'experts' prior to last Sundays game. There were seven members of that team last Sunday that partook in '13 Final and quite frankly some of them are serial under performers, when it comes to racing in the Championship for years. Since 2010 they have consistently taken big scalps early on in the year only to collapse later in the championship. Last Sunday they got a great start but failed to take gilt edge chances of further goals. It could be said that the entire middle third of the Cork team and their full back all performed poorly and they were still in the game with about five minutes to go. I simply would not be over awed by the prospect of Kilkenny being that brilliant on the basis of last Sundays performance.

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts: 2341 - 18/07/2019 09:41:49    2212647

Link

Can't wait for Kilkenny match. I am very nervous about the first 15 mins of the match. Limerick after a 4-week break cannot afford to be slow out of the trap. Remember 2007 and the three-goal rampage Kilkenny went on in the opening quarter. I know we have come along way since then but we have been known to slow start particularly after a break in competitive play. However that aside if our shooting is on target and not give away silly frees to TJ and over-elaboration of the hand-pass and our poor sideline cuts (all small but important things in the course of a game) then we can start the hunt for tickets for the final. The third game between ourselves and Tipp??????
what a couple of years. I have been posting here since Donal O Grady reign and all the what if posts through successive managers. My one wish was to see Limerick win a second (73) All Ireland in my lifetime. Now we are competing for two in a row. Is feider linn

paddyG (Galway) - Posts: 90 - 18/07/2019 13:05:25    2212742

Link

Replying To Oldtourman:  "i agree I am by no means over confident for this game. However, it was always difficult to understand this huge optimism which emanated from Cork supporters and indeed some 'experts' prior to last Sundays game. There were seven members of that team last Sunday that partook in '13 Final and quite frankly some of them are serial under performers, when it comes to racing in the Championship for years. Since 2010 they have consistently taken big scalps early on in the year only to collapse later in the championship. Last Sunday they got a great start but failed to take gilt edge chances of further goals. It could be said that the entire middle third of the Cork team and their full back all performed poorly and they were still in the game with about five minutes to go. I simply would not be over awed by the prospect of Kilkenny being that brilliant on the basis of last Sundays performance."
Spot on. Cork are massively overrated. We cannot lose the run of ourselves but neither should we indulge in this Kilkenny are back talk. On all known form we are 5 or 6 points better. That's doesn't mean we will win but it certainly means we should not be overawed by a Kilkenny team that is very far off the Kilkenny team of 10 years ago

welpastit (Limerick) - Posts: 694 - 18/07/2019 17:01:05    2212836

Link

Replying To welpastit:  "Spot on. Cork are massively overrated. We cannot lose the run of ourselves but neither should we indulge in this Kilkenny are back talk. On all known form we are 5 or 6 points better. That's doesn't mean we will win but it certainly means we should not be overawed by a Kilkenny team that is very far off the Kilkenny team of 10 years ago"
I wouldn't call Cork massively overrated, they just lack leaders and can be soft. But when they click, they play a lovely brand of hurling. From your last 3 championship meetings, its 2 draws and a loss over 70 minutes.
I still think Limerick are a far superior team but massively overrated is a bit much.

Dec82 (Clare) - Posts: 181 - 18/07/2019 18:55:05    2212872

Link

Replying To Dec82:  "I wouldn't call Cork massively overrated, they just lack leaders and can be soft. But when they click, they play a lovely brand of hurling. From your last 3 championship meetings, its 2 draws and a loss over 70 minutes.
I still think Limerick are a far superior team but massively overrated is a bit much."
However in one of those draws, Limerick were well on top in extra time and also won.

fainleog (Limerick) - Posts: 520 - 18/07/2019 20:56:50    2212919

Link

Replying To fainleog:  "However in one of those draws, Limerick were well on top in extra time and also won."
I 100% agree.
Would you rather be playing Cork or Kilkenny?.

Dec82 (Clare) - Posts: 181 - 18/07/2019 21:04:30    2212930

Link

Replying To Dec82:  "I 100% agree.
Would you rather be playing Cork or Kilkenny?."
I would prefer Kilkenny due to the fact that we had difficulties in our recent meeting with Cork and we will not
have to concern ourselves with that psychological factor.

fainleog (Limerick) - Posts: 520 - 18/07/2019 21:27:37    2212941

Link

Good teams win All-irelands
Great teams win back to back

brud (Limerick) - Posts: 917 - 18/07/2019 22:44:42    2212983

Link

Replying To Dec82:  "I wouldn't call Cork massively overrated, they just lack leaders and can be soft. But when they click, they play a lovely brand of hurling. From your last 3 championship meetings, its 2 draws and a loss over 70 minutes.
I still think Limerick are a far superior team but massively overrated is a bit much."
The massively overrated bit relates to how almost no one gave Kilkenny a chance. The basics of hurling are the same as most sports and the first is to win possession. Cork simply cannot be genuine contenders with a half forward line that cannot win primary possession. One look at a half forward line of Meade Kearney and especially Lehane should tell any pundit that Kilkenny had a real chance. They all blame Nash for puck outs and I agree he is well past his best as a keeper but where exactly was he to puck out to when Kilkenny pushed up.

welpastit (Limerick) - Posts: 694 - 19/07/2019 09:33:18    2213043

Link

I expect 2 massive battles for both semis. Would gladly take a 1 point win.The four week gap is probably the biggest worry. Kilkenny have managed it for years so it definitely can be done even though the Munster teams have traditionally struggled.
It's funny but if Tipp thrashed Laois I'd tip Wexford to get the better of them but now I can't see Tipp being beaten.

Mads (Limerick) - Posts: 112 - 19/07/2019 14:47:24    2213189

Link

anyone on this site know im a genuine supporter so here goes if anyone needs a cusack stand ticket for semi final let me know a friend of mine cant make the semi final,come on limerick always

anthonybrosnan (Tipperary) - Posts: 527 - 19/07/2019 20:44:12    2213296

Link

Replying To Mads:  "I expect 2 massive battles for both semis. Would gladly take a 1 point win.The four week gap is probably the biggest worry. Kilkenny have managed it for years so it definitely can be done even though the Munster teams have traditionally struggled.
It's funny but if Tipp thrashed Laois I'd tip Wexford to get the better of them but now I can't see Tipp being beaten."
I cant believe the season might be over next weekend

Breezy (Limerick) - Posts: 373 - 19/07/2019 21:57:43    2213322

Link

Replying To Breezy:  "I cant believe the season might be over next weekend"
what a stupid post.

munsterchamps (Limerick) - Posts: 810 - 20/07/2019 12:08:58    2213473

Link

Replying To munsterchamps:  "what a stupid post."
Bit harsh. Hopefully not but lose to Kilkenny and limericks seasons over, whether we like it or not.

skillet (Limerick) - Posts: 595 - 21/07/2019 12:40:10    2213912

Link

I see Limerick play Kilkenny in the minor game also on Saturday at 4pm.Is there much interest in the game in Limerick...reports say tickets are selling slow which is really surprising!

ONdeDITCH (Limerick) - Posts: 341 - 21/07/2019 21:30:45    2214310

Link