Clare Forum

Clare Senior Hurlers 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To LohansRedHelmet:  "As i have been saying all week it isnt easy to come to Ennis and win. I tipped Clare because we have the players and home advantage and i was proved right. Limerick were very poor but the truth is our defenders won their battles. Our forwards were very good in the second half. Kelly was sublime. John Conlon continues his hurler of the year form. Simply superb.

Jamie shanahan was my man of the match though.

Limerick wrote us off as per usual ans got thought a lesson. This was a sweet sweet victory."
I do not think anybody wrote ye off. Why should anybody write off a team that beat Tipp in their back yard. This is a young Limerick team and no serious follower of Limerick hurling would have gone to Ennis today convinced we were going to win easily. Anyway I could remind you of a string of years when Clare played Limerick as firm favourites and lost, 55, 74, 79 81 94 and 96 all come to mind.
Anyway sincere congratulations, ye were simply brilliant. Enjoy the celebrations.

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts: 1493 - 17/06/2018 20:06:08    2112387

Link

Replying To luimneachboy:  "Lets just wait and see who is the final come August!!. Sweet sweet indeed!"
Well it wont be limerick. Most overrated team i have seen in awhile. No stand out players at all, where's your tj reed, joe canning, tony kelly, colm galvin, john conlon?. Sick of the limerick hype, outhurled, outmuscled and out taught today. Just make sure that bamdwagon doesn't break down on the way to carlow..

Dec82 (Clare) - Posts: 6 - 17/06/2018 21:57:46    2112441

Link