UK Forum

London Junior Football 2016

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Cilldara2012:  "Four games scheduled for this weekend. Your Thoughts?

Shalloe and Crawley play, which I'd expect Shalloe to win.

Big game in the same group. TMC v TCG - should be interesting, close game predicted, possibly even a draw.

Dulwich and the army, only going to go one way but I do feel the army will field. Good to see Dulwich put on a show recently, could be the surprise package.

Clarets v Murphys, again only going to go one way."
Shalloe v Crawley = Draw
TCG v Tommie Macs = Macs by 0-3
Dulwich v Army= Walkover to Dulwich
Murphys v Clarets= Clarets by 15 +

gorby580 (Limerick) - Posts: 162 - 14/07/2016 15:52:59    1883268

Link

will there be any sanction for Army for going A.W.O.L. ON Tuesday. It distorts the championship and going on further the number of walkovers in the league has been way too excessive by different teams.

Jimmycricket (Meath) - Posts: 58 - 14/07/2016 15:59:31    1883275

Link

good game between TCG and McCurtains Sat, McCurtains came from 5 down to snatch a draw, TCG missed a few good goal chances.

Rosineri1 (UK) - Posts: 1774 - 18/07/2016 11:28:10    1885366

Link

Replying To Rosineri1:  "good game between TCG and McCurtains Sat, McCurtains came from 5 down to snatch a draw, TCG missed a few good goal chances."
Agreed. I watched the game and thought it was evenly contested (very feisty), TMC are better individually but TCG system makes them very hard to play against. Butler carried TCG and must have scored 80% of their scores. Two good teams.

Draw blows the group open, should be interesting to see who comes out of it.

Elsewhere as predicted. Did army not field again, if so that must be curtains for them?

Cilldara2012 (UK) - Posts: 80 - 18/07/2016 12:23:09    1885424

Link

Saw the TMC v TCG game.. Very high standard, high tempo game for junior. I thought TMC shaded the first half but didn't make the most of their possession and were unlucky to go in behind. TCG could have been out of sight but for a fantastic one on one save by their keeper. TMC were lucky in the end, they put their midfielder higher up the pitch towards the end (could have done it earlier), one ball in resulted in the goal. Butler did score 2 brilliant points, but for him TMC would have won handy. It will be very interesting to see how both teams fair against Tara's.

The situation with the guards is shocking. after all they went through to be able to play they are now not able to field!!

Harps16 (Kildare) - Posts: 3 - 18/07/2016 13:18:02    1885471

Link

Eire Og V Dulwich down in Peckham this weekend seems to be a massive game. Winner makes it through to a semi final. Any predictions here? Dulwich meant to have improved massively from last year?

gorby580 (Limerick) - Posts: 162 - 21/07/2016 14:18:15    1887654

Link

Replying To gorby580:  "Eire Og V Dulwich down in Peckham this weekend seems to be a massive game. Winner makes it through to a semi final. Any predictions here? Dulwich meant to have improved massively from last year?"
Eire Og by 3

Jimmycricket (Meath) - Posts: 58 - 21/07/2016 18:25:11    1887847

Link

Replying To Jimmycricket:  "Eire Og by 3"
Think it will be close but would think Eire Og will win 3+

Interesting championship this year, relatively open - Tara's haven't pulled away from the field as I thought they would and Clarets haven't improved on last year's form when they should have won it!

Cilldara2012 (UK) - Posts: 80 - 22/07/2016 12:17:26    1888131

Link

So Dulwich beat Eire Og which was a little bit of a surprise. Eire Og now have to beat Clarets or they are out.

Pearses also seemed to put up a bit of a fight against TCG.

Harps16 (Kildare) - Posts: 3 - 26/07/2016 17:02:21    1890528

Link

Replying To Harps16:  "So Dulwich beat Eire Og which was a little bit of a surprise. Eire Og now have to beat Clarets or they are out.

Pearses also seemed to put up a bit of a fight against TCG."
Saw that Eire Og v Dulwich result alright, apparently Eire Og were awful. Heard from a same source that they were excellent beating Tommie Macs in the league last night...seem a very hot and cold team..themselves v Clarets is huge in two weeks.

gorby580 (Limerick) - Posts: 162 - 27/07/2016 14:03:15    1890953

Link

Replying To gorby580:  "Saw that Eire Og v Dulwich result alright, apparently Eire Og were awful. Heard from a same source that they were excellent beating Tommie Macs in the league last night...seem a very hot and cold team..themselves v Clarets is huge in two weeks."
same as a lot of teams over there, very rarely would you have the same team out 2 games running with lads away home, holidays and of course the drink!

hawkeye82 (Kerry) - Posts: 202 - 27/07/2016 15:21:15    1891007

Link

Some big games this weekend

TMC v Pearses, Should be an interesting game, I see TMC haven't been going well as of late? Still should have enough to see this game out BUT expect it to be close, 1-3 points TMC win.

Eire Og v Clarets, I'm going for perhaps a bit of a shock result and say Eire Og by 1-2 points, which would blow that group wide open again.

Tara v TCG - Another interesting match up, can see TCG doing a number on them but wouldn't be surprised to see another draw!

Pretty open championship this year

Cilldara2012 (UK) - Posts: 80 - 03/08/2016 15:04:40    1894835

Link

Have to say i fancy clarets to beat eire og with a bit to spare,
Looking forward to seeing tara against tcg, fancy tara just for this.

Yourjoking (USA) - Posts: 463 - 03/08/2016 17:26:43    1894954

Link

Tommie Macs haven't bee going great but they were meanto have a free weekend last weekend and were only told last minute they had to play Tara...wouldn't look into that game much...Macs to beat Shalloe by 5/6 points. Clarets v Eire Og is a big one going back to their couple of meetings last year...don't think they have played eachother yet this year. I fancy Eire Og by 1 point.

gorby580 (Limerick) - Posts: 162 - 04/08/2016 08:42:36    1895151

Link

Replying To gorby580:  "Tommie Macs haven't bee going great but they were meanto have a free weekend last weekend and were only told last minute they had to play Tara...wouldn't look into that game much...Macs to beat Shalloe by 5/6 points. Clarets v Eire Og is a big one going back to their couple of meetings last year...don't think they have played eachother yet this year. I fancy Eire Og by 1 point."
Jesus gorby they are usually referee to as pearse would you call brothers Pearses as brother you managed to call eire og by their full name couldn't you do the same for Shalloe pearses? Anyways Eire og and arses roar come to mind! Watch Wigan!

Spoddgy (Mayo) - Posts: 645 - 04/08/2016 22:13:57    1895924

Link

Eire og to beat Clarets by 2-3points in a we surprise. Clarets aren't what they were, messing it up big time last year was a big blow. It's do or die for Eire og and I think they will swim to safety.

Tommy Mcs to beat me Pearses by 8-10 pts, Pearses don't come to play football, you only have to look at the report on the TCG game.Tommy mcs should account for them easily.

Tara to beat TCG 3-4pts. They will focus and do the job to get on the right side of the draw.TCG while have some nice footballers and a good set up won't have enough for them. Tara will be too physically big for them.

Firinne (Laois) - Posts: 59 - 05/08/2016 15:30:52    1896280

Link

Replying To Firinne:  "Eire og to beat Clarets by 2-3points in a we surprise. Clarets aren't what they were, messing it up big time last year was a big blow. It's do or die for Eire og and I think they will swim to safety.

Tommy Mcs to beat me Pearses by 8-10 pts, Pearses don't come to play football, you only have to look at the report on the TCG game.Tommy mcs should account for them easily.

Tara to beat TCG 3-4pts. They will focus and do the job to get on the right side of the draw.TCG while have some nice footballers and a good set up won't have enough for them. Tara will be too physically big for them."
Some very good games yesterday. TMC were well above Pearses but they managed to stay in there. TMC won by 4 or 5 in the end.

Clarets and Eire Og was a very good game. Clarets fitness paid dividends in the last 10 minutes.. There was a lot of off the ball hitting in that game. Suprised it didn't boil over. Clarets were easy winners in the end and must b favorites now.

TCG threw away a 7 point lead against Taras who should consider themselves extremely lucky to win. TMC and Taras in the final match will decide who tops the group, anyone of them could win that based on there form.

Harps16 (Kildare) - Posts: 3 - 08/08/2016 09:34:54    1897818

Link

Replying To Spoddgy:  "Jesus gorby they are usually referee to as pearse would you call brothers Pearses as brother you managed to call eire og by their full name couldn't you do the same for Shalloe pearses? Anyways Eire og and arses roar come to mind! Watch Wigan!"
'They are usually referee as Pearses'....not sure why your message was even posted there. Anyways, agree with previous poster regarding the Eire Og game. Clarets fitness paid off and bringing back half forwards and running from deep in packs paid dividends once again. Fancy Clarets to definitely win it this year. Eire og just seem to be lacking somewhere and need a better run next season or they could take a big step back.

gorby580 (Limerick) - Posts: 162 - 09/08/2016 10:30:31    1898612

Link

Any views on this weekend's semi finals?

Will it be anything other than comprehensive wins for Clarets and Taras?

Cilldara2012 (UK) - Posts: 80 - 09/09/2016 12:51:25    1912220

Link

TCG causing a surprise there at the weekend, seem to be coping ok after they lost Butler to the seniors, very well organized defensively, will this finally be their year, should have won a few years ago against Anthonys.

Rosineri1 (UK) - Posts: 1774 - 21/09/2016 12:42:47    1917412

Link