UK Forum

Warwickshire 2013

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

EGB 1-04
MITCHELS 5-28

macs4eva (UK) - Posts: 107 - 30/07/2013 20:28:02    1448183

Link

Does anyone know the crack with the JM vs RC game? If RC win, will it go down to points difference or head to head?

londonderrylad (UK) - Posts: 22 - 31/07/2013 18:01:35    1449070

Link

Pretty sure the rule is that if two teams are level on points then head to head is used but if more than two teams are level on points then points difference is used, if teams have the same points difference then points scored is used.

johnnyroastbeef (UK) - Posts: 215 - 01/08/2013 08:56:32    1449365

Link

Yes thats right except the points difference involving Leicester has to be ignored because of their no show.

macs4eva (UK) - Posts: 107 - 01/08/2013 13:37:12    1449772

Link

Could get a bit confusing if Mitchells are overthrown then!

londonderrylad (UK) - Posts: 22 - 01/08/2013 21:41:40    1450280

Link

I would presume that Casements would have to beat Mitchels by 9 points or more to make the semi's barring a massive shock with McDermotts losing their last game. Mitchels beat Mcs by 8 points if I recall correctly, while Mcs had the same winning margin over Casements so Casements would need a 9 point winning margin, or an 8 point one if it is a very high scoring game.

Hard to see it happening. They have been unlucky with the draw as they would have gotten out of the other group with ease but that is the luck of the draw

johnnyroastbeef (UK) - Posts: 215 - 02/08/2013 10:02:49    1450380

Link

Good to see more Hurling fixtures being fulfilled in Warwickshire, just a shame the county board can't find time for them to play at the weekend so lads don't have to travel on a Monday evening every week.

TakeTheHit (UK) - Posts: 98 - 06/08/2013 11:22:00    1454059

Link

Well looking at the results from Warwickshire not a lot happened last weekend, Finbars beat Four Masters in the Coventry Derby and Mitchells would have been better off having a training session as it looks like their game v Marys did no one any good with that scoreline!

What happened in the other games at Senior? Did NP v Casements go ahead and what happened with Macs v Barnabus, heard Barnabus wanted it moved but Macs said no.

onlymessing (UK) - Posts: 62 - 06/08/2013 12:44:38    1454177

Link

I presume that EGB Casements game was a hurling match? Good to see all sides getting games alright

johnnyroastbeef (UK) - Posts: 215 - 06/08/2013 14:30:09    1454320

Link

only messing your one of these wind up merchants from mitchels both teams agreed to the change

magic_johnson (Cork) - Posts: 181 - 06/08/2013 17:18:17    1454569

Link

onlymessing, I wish yourself & some of these other fellas on here would get your facts right before you come on here spouting nonsense. You ask the question what happened between macs & Barnabus, then you go on to state that macs wouldn't agree to change the game.
Fact is that Barnabus were struggling to field at the weekend & asked Macs would they rearrange the fixture, and they agreed to. Apparently Macs could be without a fixture again this weekend with SOE also struggling to field.
August is a difficult month for all teams to be fielding, especially clubs with a small panel of players. But I can understand the county boards point of view trying to get games completed and completions finished.

moonshine (UK) - Posts: 297 - 06/08/2013 18:50:20    1454669

Link

Jeez lads your very defensive, glad im not a 'mitchells wind up merchant' otherwise i would be delighted with my work!

Have stated my club on here already and i was only going on what i heard from people within the club, not sure how me saying Macs didnt agree to move the game which they would have every right too, could cause such offence but there you go!
Glad Macs have agreed to move it as no one wants to see walkovers or non competitive games against weakened teams which we seem to get each week. This game between Macs and Barnabus would be one of the good games to watch and would keep both teams ticking over till the champ again. So when is the rearranged game set for then lads , i wouldnt want to guess in case 'i spout some nonsense' or something and your knowledge is clearly greater than mine??

What about the other game then between Leicester and Casements, did that go ahead at all?? Think most clubs struggle this time of year with holidays and everything else on, unless im mistaken (im sure someone will tell me if i am!) the League was finished this time last year and just be a shame to see it wind down now when teams have lads missing.

onlymessing (UK) - Posts: 62 - 07/08/2013 08:23:26    1454965

Link

According to their twitter page Casements won last night against NP(presume it was them anyway). No mention of a scoreline

johnnyroastbeef (UK) - Posts: 215 - 07/08/2013 10:04:59    1455033

Link

When is the next round of the GrippinG Warrickshire Senior Football Championship scheduled for?!!!!

Sidlineman (UK) - Posts: 64 - 07/08/2013 12:31:16    1455290

Link

Sunday the 1st of September according to the master fixture list. Sons of Erin v EGB is the only game with anything really riding on it unless Casements can beat Casements and close the points difference gap as well

johnnyroastbeef (UK) - Posts: 215 - 07/08/2013 13:02:20    1455346

Link

Two hammerings and two walkovers in the senior league over the weekend. Will there be changes to the league structure for next year. The gap between the top 4 and the next four seems to be increasing with every week.

johnnyroastbeef (UK) - Posts: 215 - 12/08/2013 08:24:29    1459259

Link

This is August, when do you tell your players to go on holiday?..at leAst these clubs getting 'hammered' fulfilled their fixtures, was it not only last weekend Barnabus didn't play mac's more due to not showing their hand in anticipation of the championship semi final meeting than the touted 'players away' line, then this past weekend E.G.B to town and no bother we'll play that game and mathematically still have a chance of a league final.If EGB scored 1.10,barnabus are no where near the finished article,so no offence but top 4,wise up!! we have one club tearing it up at the minute and its catch up for everyone else. What can be done to change the league setup?? Just have 4/5 senior teams and have an intermediate and junior league,mismatches are weekly not only in senior but intermediate as well.With Mitchell's having raised the bar so much this year, it's making all clubs look at their set ups but how do you ask a young English lad who's been a solid corner back in Warwickshire for years to mark a lad like Garvey.

nopopehere (UK) - Posts: 15 - 12/08/2013 10:53:59    1459363

Link

Nail on the head, it is all John Mitchels fault that Mary's conceded 11 goals against Roger Casements

johnnyroastbeef (UK) - Posts: 215 - 12/08/2013 11:41:16    1459400

Link

Fair play to those teams who go into a game knowing they are getting a hammering before the start but want to fulfill the fixture. From memory wasnt a law passed this year in Warwickshire that if you failed to field twice you were thrown out of the competition? Im sure a few teams may have used their strikes by now it seems with the amount of N.T we see next to certain teams names on the website who wont play in case they get a hammering ?

Also if a game was to be rearranged then didnt have to be within 7 days of the original fixture?? so how come the macs Barnabus game hasnt been played this week if both teams changed it last week? I hope this 'not showing their hand by Barnabus' is not true as thats pretty bad form if it is

Its a difficult one to resolve but i would be suprised if they dont revert back to senior, inter and Junior next year at some stage.
Keep the divisons as they are for the first round of 7 fixtures where each team plays each other once in Senior and Junior. At this point split the leagues into 3 leagues, top 6 stay senior, bottom 2 senior and top 3 junior make an inter league and remaining 5 play junior. Points from first round of senior and junior carry forward to 2nd set of games but inter would 'start again' with all teams on zero, gives the first round of games some importance points wise.

Gives teams a chance to play the better teams at their respective levels once and then see where they are then and play teams at their own level 2nd time around.

Keep champ senior and Junior but instead of the group system have the 'back door' system introduced so we bring back a level of knock out football so we dont get the mismatches , no shows and meaningless games that we always seem to have in the 3rd set of group games.

The fixtures sec has done a brilliant job in producing fixtures and that has improved things a lot but just think things need a tweak with the levels of teams we have now. Just my opinion but im sure some people with the top teams will disagree and say if its not broke why fix it also?

onlymessing (UK) - Posts: 62 - 12/08/2013 11:51:42    1459409

Link

JRB tighten up would ye! I previously posted 'mismatches are weekly not only in senior but intermediate as well'..i commend teams for fielding when the conclusion is pretty much forgone..I then go on to talk about how Mitchells have raised the bar significantly in the county,yep its hardly rocket science to work that one out but as for their fault casements put 10/11 past Marys,where are ye pulling that one from? Has a wee bit o' Barnabas bashing got under your skin

nopopehere (UK) - Posts: 15 - 12/08/2013 12:08:13    1459436

Link