Tyrone Forum

SHL

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

no rules where broken, the player was not yet an official member of the Tyrone game until the following week! Yes he trained with the squad but this best described as 'trails'. He was cleared to play from the teams management! He can not be named for legal reasons of course he brought out a 'Super injunction' on himself :)

Hurl.Force.One (Tyrone) - Posts: 106 - 05/06/2012 17:31:40    1187532

Link

Geoff, the player alleged to have broken the rules had been in England for 5 or 6 years and just returned.

If he had have broken the rules then surely the County team manager would have chased him. Obviously this is not the case so the NCC cries are false and untrue.

As for Dungannon objecting to other teams. I can totally confirm that last year Dungannon made no official objection re the Strabane team. I will pay good money to anyone who proves me wrong. The Strabane player played while suspended which is why his team lost out in representing Tyrone in the Junior championship. At no stage did Dungannon try and have the title awarded to them.

As for NCC, they have officially objected to the league cup game v DGN.

Surely this is the lowest of the low. They will now delay an absolutely meaningless league.

The way it stands is that if Dungannon lose the points for that league game then they have to beat Carmen on Friday night to get another shot at NCC.

The board will have to find another date and the teams will have to play without their County players. This will mean that DGN will lose xxxx xxxxx as he is now on the Tyrone panel but NCC will lose two players who were since drafted onto the panel.

The circus continues down the low Country.

My god it is hard to know were to start with you rant! I assume the Tyrone manager will sort this out as NCC claim they were told he was a member of the squad and Ruadh claim he was not a member of the squad. You claim Ruadh did not put in a complaint against Shamrocks? Shamrocks players say different are their cries also false and untrue?
NCC will lose no players all NCC county players have been with the county from the start of the year none of them played against Ruadh.
PS smart guy their is a reason that the player was not named on this forum as at this stage it is just an alledgation against him so he should not have been named. A poor display by you as a Ruadh man to name him if you have any respect for your player or club you will go back and edit your post.

ANTISCRAPPYDOO (Tyrone) - Posts: 11 - 06/06/2012 10:56:21    1187969

Link

I do not recall denying anything but correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure you will) was the Warwickshire game not several weeks after the Eoghan Ruadh v Cilles game? Is it not possible for a player to be drafted onto a team in the meantime?

As usual NCC are whinging about something trivial because they lost. Getting a bit boring at this stage. Take your beating and move on.

Seems NCC really have it in for Eoghan Ruadh for some unknown reason this last while.. The biggest failure I seen was George Bryne's big talk at the county board meeting regarding the Tyrone Feile where Eire Og suggested automatic qualification for Eoghan Ruadh as to make the day competative and low and behold NCC objected saying that two weeks after recieving a hidding in O'Neill Park (which Sean Quinn, ref, spared thier real blushes by recording the score much lower and calling the both halves short) that it was their intentions to beat Eoghan Ruadh and win 1st place... In the end, and rightly so, Eoghan Ruadh and Eire Og qualified leaving NCC to go home embarrassed because of the adults in the club can't swollow their pride and face facts!!

Look, you had one win over a depleted and disorganised Eoghan Ruadh team last year, fair paly and all but move on. Everyone is glad to see how your club is progerssing as it has a positive knock on effect everywhere but you can't run with the big dogs if you piddle like a poodle!!

P.S. NCC would not have their one and only championship win (U-16 in 2005??) if it wasn't for the Dungannon umpires.. FACT.. Eire Og lads will probabily know what I'm on about!! I was one of them and I can tell you that there was a good few jubious calls!

wise_guy (Tyrone) - Posts: 1584 - 06/06/2012 11:32:24    1188001

Link

ANTISCRAPPYDOO

So if Strabane lads say something happened then it is true? Prove to me that Eoghan Ruadh formally complained last year and there is £200 big ones in it for you. If you have no proof then rap it up talking crap about something you clearly have no knowledge about. School boy stuff....He said, she said...blah blah.

Two of the Cilles lads who played against DGN had trained with the Tyrone team along with the DGN player before the game. The DGN player and one NCC player later joined the full panel. FACT.

NCC have now objected to this game and are asking for the award of the points. This cannot happen by rule. FACT

If DGN lose the points and then beat Carmen it will be a playoff between DGN and NCC with the exact same teams who played that night. FACT

The plot thickens

26plus6equals1 (Tyrone) - Posts: 430 - 06/06/2012 13:36:07    1188154

Link

26plus6equals1
County: Tyrone

ANTISCRAPPYDOO

So if Strabane lads say something happened then it is true? Prove to me that Eoghan Ruadh formally complained last year and there is £200 big ones in it for you. If you have no proof then rap it up talking crap about something you clearly have no knowledge about. School boy stuff....He said, she said...blah blah.

Two of the Cilles lads who played against DGN had trained with the Tyrone team along with the DGN player before the game. The DGN player and one NCC player later joined the full panel. FACT.

NCC have now objected to this game and are asking for the award of the points. This cannot happen by rule. FACT

If DGN lose the points and then beat Carmen it will be a playoff between DGN and NCC with the exact same teams who played that night. FACT

The plot thickens

Not really. NCC still have to go to Strabane and win, not an easy task as both Dungannon and Carrickmore struggled.

martinprince (Tyrone) - Posts: 187 - 06/06/2012 13:54:42    1188183

Link

sitting in the changing rooms after the defeat to Strabane we (the players) were asked would we object to Strabane playing a certain player. NOT ONE player said yes! we didn't want to go through, we had been beaten, we took it on the chin and looked to next year. Myself and others didn't want the hurling to continue on that year, we just wanted it to finish and go home to end what was a terrible year from start to finish. FACT

As for £200 being in it for us, i'd have paid it myself. I'd like to think our club wouldn't need to be relying on that vast amount of money to survive another year.

The senior team are firmly set on the game on Friday and nothing else. FACT
If it goes to a playoff then so be it, we'll set ourselves up for beating NCC again.

So let this be an end of this crap and we'll see what happens!

Hurl.Force.One (Tyrone) - Posts: 106 - 06/06/2012 14:25:23    1188223

Link

The plot thickens

For a man who thinks he knows it all you are the one attempting to state lies/mistakes as fact. b wrong no just because Strabane players make that claim does not make it a fact same as your denial it does not make it a fact either. (what is a fact is that you have now accused 2 teams of lies)
According to the hogan stand NCC has 6 players on the county panel do you accept that? all 6 of these players have been with the county since before Christmas fact! I have no Idea of who you think joined the team at a late stage? I will bet you your £200 on that!
I will accept your point on the objection and your point about a playoff as I do not know about that.
The whole arguement has one simple answer either the county allowed the player to play or they did not. You have a conflict in your answers one answer you give says he was not a member of the Tyrone team and as such was allowed to play, the other response on this Page claims the County manager give the player permission to play if he was not a member of the panel why did he need permission from Tyrone to play?

As for the u-14s Ruadh have been the outstanding team in Tyrone this year a wonderful skilful side and may I take this chance to wish them all the best in thier quest for all Ireland glory the quality in this side they will deserve it. and good luck to the young Eire ogs as well.

ANTISCRAPPYDOO (Tyrone) - Posts: 11 - 06/06/2012 17:10:11    1188419

Link

ANTISCRAPPYDOO

So let me get this straight.

I offered you £200 to prove something and you can't. Time to apologise?

Now you want to bet MY £200 for me to prove something! I will take it that you are a small bit mixed up so i will prove it and you can send me on the money.

Niall O Neil and Paudie Mc Hugh trained with the Tyrone senior squad the week before the DGN/NCC game. Both were drafted onto the panel after this game. Check through the records and neither player appeared in any squad before this game yet both appear on all squads announced since the 4th of May.

now there is a serious fact so you need to dis prove this or show me the money. End of.

Oh. Fact for free. Sean Kelly also trained with the Tyrone panel before this game and still played against DGN. No charge for that one.

Nice words on the feile teams by the way.

26plus6equals1 (Tyrone) - Posts: 430 - 06/06/2012 17:43:52    1188446

Link

ANTISCRAPPYDOO

Take a few minutes for yourself there, take deep breaths, maybe even a dip in the lough to cool down because I think you are a little worked up and confused on the whole matter. You'll give yourself a headache... bit of me time on the cards??

Thanks for the good wishes at the Feile!

wise_guy (Tyrone) - Posts: 1584 - 06/06/2012 19:21:47    1188524

Link

Seems Niall O'Neill was in the squad for the league:

http://www.ulsterherald.com/2012/03/23/hurling-and-football-double-up-at-healy/

geoff (Tyrone) - Posts: 374 - 07/06/2012 08:29:39    1188678

Link

I think Dungannon are done when they lose all those X's

wise_guy (Tyrone) - Posts: 1584 - 07/06/2012 10:27:09    1188750

Link

Niall O Neil and Paudie Mc Hugh trained with the Tyrone senior squad the week before the DGN/NCC game. Both were drafted onto the panel after this game. Check through the records and neither player appeared in any squad before this game yet both appear on all squads announced since the 4th of May.

now there is a serious fact so you need to dis prove this or show me the money. End of.

Easy to disprove: Niall O'Neill has been part of the panel from the start of the year and has not togged out for us during Tyrone league club games this year due to that FACT. Ask any of the Dungannon or Eire Og lads that have also been on the panel from the start of the year.

Someone has got names mixed up thus trying to deflect from the truth that McHugh played against NCC dispite training with the county team 2 weeks prior to this. If he was not offically apart of the Tyrone panel then:

Why did his name not appear on the dungannon team sheet for that game against NCC?
Why less than 24hours after this game did McHugh tog out and put on a Tyrone Jersey for the game against Leitrim?

Simple answer: He was on the TYRONE PANEL!

The two NCC lads that did train ONCE for the Tyrone team opted out the very same night as they learned that NCC would struggle to field a team during this round of league games, whereas McHugh, who was training a week before this continued on!!

Insidenews (Tyrone) - Posts: 2 - 07/06/2012 11:04:03    1188783

Link

This rubbish will drag on and on and on for pages and pages, and not one person on here will have the final say, FACT or not.
The matter now as far as i've been informed is that an official objection has been lodged so its up to the CCC to sort out.
When taking in both sides of the the story it up to them to decide what course of action to take.
In may opinion, a big hullaballoo over a meaningless competition (as someone has already stated).
Forget the squabble, all roll in behind the County Team for Saturdays final, after all, it's only going to be the Hurling People of the County who'll give a damn about the result this weekend.(Saturdays result that is, not that other mediocre sporting event on Sunday in Armagh)
Hurlers ABU.

lasttoknow (Tyrone) - Posts: 98 - 07/06/2012 11:40:42    1188810

Link

So let me get this straight.

I offered you £200 to prove something and you can't. Time to apologise?

Now you want to bet MY £200 for me to prove something! I will take it that you are a small bit mixed up so i will prove it and you can send me on the money.

Oh. Fact for free. Sean Kelly also trained with the Tyrone panel before this game and still played against DGN. No charge for that one.

Nice words on the feile teams by the way.

HA! HA! HA! I am sorry I thought you were a serious poster until you posted the above comment you are clearly a Joker (or to use the tech term a troll) posting crazy rants trying to upset the apple cart and to be fair your first comments I thought you were genuine and I did fall for that but now I can see you are just taking the **** you did well until the above comment to be fair the above is a very funny comment. totally surreal you have amused me with that rant congrats I particular like the way you state it as facts nice touch!

ANTISCRAPPYDOO (Tyrone) - Posts: 11 - 07/06/2012 12:13:15    1188829

Link

The DGN player had trained with the county panel along with two NCC players but none of them where officially part of the panel. DGN player was told he was allowed to play in the DGN vs. NCC game by both county and club management. Following the game he was made part of the official panel and hasn't played any part in this league since then, hopefully this will be the end of this pointless issue.

The_Young_Fella (Tyrone) - Posts: 7 - 07/06/2012 13:12:45    1188882

Link

ANTISCRAPPYDOO

I take it you didn't go for that swim then?

wise_guy (Tyrone) - Posts: 1584 - 07/06/2012 14:02:21    1188941

Link

the complaint about names on teamsheets is probibly down to human error! These things happen, but none of the Eoghan Ruadh players where offically on the Tyrone senior Hurling panel at the time of the game. And to be quite honest I don't care how many f the NCC where or wern't on the Tyrone panel.

And by the way, with or without the player in question, Eoghan Ruadh dominated the game all over the field only for poor shooting to spare NCC blushes! NCC as usual want to be awared wins in meetings instead of winning them!!

Ye where beat lads, move on, theres a game between the same clubs WITH county players on Thursday 14th @ O'Neill Park, Dungannon (when you come in from the island baii, go right aroun the big roun abouh, down past the cop shop, through the wee roun abouhs towards Newell Stores baii, hang right up through the big housin estate called Lisnahull baii and it's up at the top a thon hill) so let your hurling cash the cheques your mouths are writing!!

wise_guy (Tyrone) - Posts: 1584 - 07/06/2012 14:19:25    1188953

Link

Getting worse this little competition.

Just been told by a DGN committee member that NCC played a player not on the team sheet.

He came on as a sub and for some reason used the sub keepers name. The sub keeper didn't rise off the bench all night.

Wonder had this wee man any reason to not be named officially? Appently DGN have a nice photograph of the event also.

Wonder how the Carlow man will wriggle out of this one?

26plus6equals1 (Tyrone) - Posts: 430 - 07/06/2012 15:41:08    1189023

Link

Scrap the competition and award it to Cappagh Gaels for a good effort at turning up at home to play Shamrocks.

martinprince (Tyrone) - Posts: 187 - 07/06/2012 16:39:21    1189081

Link

What about Tony Cascarino? He played for Ireland in euro 88, world cup 90 & 94.

Cascarino was born in England but represented the Republic of Ireland, qualifying through his Irish grandfather. However, he later revealed that his mother told him in 1996 that she was adopted and therefore no blood relative to the grandfather.

The adoption of his mother gained her the right to Irish citizenship and he was eligible.

Hurl.Force.One (Tyrone) - Posts: 106 - 07/06/2012 21:25:59    1189416

Link