Leitrim Forum

Club championship 13

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Regardless of where the blame lies the loss of 15% of our panel through non injury related issues was catastrophic, not just in terms of losing the individuals in question but with respect to the knock on effects which ripped the heart and soul out of Leitrim's championship season. This panel of players have shown glimpses of potential over the last 21/2 years with champ wins against Sligo and Wicklow and a right cut of Laois last year, I still believe they can step up to division 3 and a higher level of performance. In order to do so we need a fresh approach at a leadership level with our best players involved and being pushed to perform optimally.

northernsoul (Leitrim) - Posts: 78 - 14/08/2013 20:50:46    1461699

Link

Aaron Hickey playing for Manor's Second string this year. Destroyed Glenfarne with 1-9 in the last group game to bring manor through. Will cause trouble for SOH along with James Rooney.

Runningman (Leitrim) - Posts: 16 - 15/08/2013 11:15:56    1461835

Link

I see drumreilly have ot here apeal

Leitrim12 (Leitrim) - Posts: 63 - 16/08/2013 11:53:31    1462467

Link

Fenagh will beat eslin,aughnasheelin will beat druahaire s o h will win mc keon will look after hickey,moran will dominate midfield s o h are strong all over they will win by 5 or 6 points.

saintly (Leitrim) - Posts: 536 - 16/08/2013 13:58:03    1462571

Link

ceannaboe v neds semi or final would be some craic

UniGaa (National) - Posts: 694 - 16/08/2013 14:55:28    1462627

Link

Any word on senior draw??

coppers.abu (Leitrim) - Posts: 89 - 17/08/2013 10:46:55    1462910

Link

Eslin bet Fenagh 3.12 to 15 points

Leitrim12 (Leitrim) - Posts: 63 - 17/08/2013 21:05:33    1463094

Link

Gortletteragh vs Annaduff
Mary's vs Melvin Gaels
Mohill vs Glencar-Manor
Carrigallen vs Allen Gaels

Dodgy_Pass (Leitrim) - Posts: 320 - 17/08/2013 22:00:36    1463122

Link

So much for Ballinamore standing up for the honour of South a leitrim Football. they should be ashamed of themselves going down to Manors second team, and by 4 points. I know Manor's second team is good, But after all that's gone on in the last 3 months, Ballinamore should've been like men possessed to win that match. it just shows that there is something rotten at the heart of ballinamore football. It's been 23 years since they've won a leitrim championship so they need to stop living in the past. The reality needs the leitrim county team needs a strong Ballinamore if we are ever to be competitive in Connaught. so please the good people of Ballinamore let this humiliation be the ultimate shakeup call for yee

mickyquinn (Leitrim) - Posts: 67 - 18/08/2013 15:12:31    1463302

Link

Hard luck to fenagh st caillins who lost to eslin after going down to 14men to a second yellow card after 20 minutes which first yellow was never a yellow , they showed great fighting spirit and pride in the jersey and with a bit of luck would be in the semi final , a few bad referee decisions at crucial times gave eslin a few frees when fenagh we're on top , anyway best of luck to eslin in the semi final

fenaghabu (Leitrim) - Posts: 4 - 18/08/2013 15:42:24    1463326

Link

!Very exciting games in Drumshambo. Drumkeerin should have had it won in the first half but missed too much. Glenfarne could have stolen the win with two last minute misses from Fergal Clancy. Clarke looked good for Drumkeerin and kept Clancy quiet for the majority of the game. Should be a great replay. They will have it tough against manor's second team

Eslin and Fenagh another great game. Tomas and Conor Beirne outstanding as was Donal Wrynne of Fenagh. Beirne scoring 2-10 and i'm not sure but id say wrynne scored 8-10 points of Fenaghs 15. Two great placed ball kickers.
The sending off ruined the game, but unlike fenaghabu I think it was very justified. P Flynn was already ticked for taking the legs from Conor Beirne in the first kick of the game, then proceeded 5 minutes later to shoulder S Beirne in the face (First Yellow) and finally took S Beirne down again as he was straight through on goal (Sean Cavanagh style). And I thought that O'Grady reffed a very fair game and had no choice with the sending off. Very hard on traveling and off the ground.
Fenagh have a nice few footballers with F Ellis causing a great deal of trouble for the Eslin full back line. Two Doonans and Mc Hugh very lively also. Eslin as always very reliant on the Beirnes but have a few nice players there if they could get them more on the ball. B Higgins looks very good at midfield and both him and and Wrynne standing at 6' 4" or 5" would be a great addition to the county.
Think Eslin will fall at the next hurdle, Dromahair might be weakened but still don't think Eslin have enough for them.
Great to see Manor 2nd team beating Balinamore. Who got sent off? I don't care who it is but I adore watching the favourites bowing out.
Can Manor win the Senior and Intermediate? Has any team ever done it?

sl4 (Leitrim) - Posts: 18 - 18/08/2013 16:40:35    1463367

Link

With all the nonsense earlier in the summer about the North/South divide in the county today's result highlighted that it is the North Leitrim men getting more of the raw deal by having to play against inferior quality South Leitrim teams. I am a south Leitrim man by the way but when you see Manor beating Ballinamore with their second string then we know that football is not taken as seriously in the South. Drinking culture prevails, poor standards tolerated and no real passion/desire to succeed at all cost quite evidently is the order of the day. Ballinamore not alone in this respect. When lads give it their all for the cause then it is easier to defend them for their slip ups but when there is shoddiness in their approach throughout the year then I am afraid they really don't deserve all the hullaballoo created about them. Let South Leitrim clubs try and match Manor in their set up and stop the constant whinging and jealousy.

po3nmotion (Leitrim) - Posts: 210 - 18/08/2013 16:48:04    1463374

Link

Sl4 St Marys in 1995 I am almost sure did the Inter/Senior/Minor treble.

po3nmotion (Leitrim) - Posts: 210 - 18/08/2013 16:53:45    1463377

Link

Senior / Intermediate / Minor. Some achievement. Possible that Manor could do it. Maybe not minor but u-21. Give credit where its due, Manor are doing the business.

sl4 (Leitrim) - Posts: 18 - 18/08/2013 17:23:33    1463402

Link

i think manor just showed ballinamore where there at and lots of posters on here wer tipping ballinamore to win connaught!! Intermediate is a very hard division to get out of as dromahaire have found gortletragh strugled to get out and now ballinamore will have to wait another year! Bors wre shown up this weekend aswell, I wonder was Gary mc cluskey and david o connor back from the uk for the game? as it was fixed at such short notice and they would have been a big loss for the Bors!! looking ahead some great games next weekend, Melvin gaels V Marys and manor v mohill the pick of them as this will take the 4 main contenders down to two! very hard games to call, Mohill have been this far the last few years and couldnt push on is there a big game in them this year??

harleys (Leitrim) - Posts: 285 - 18/08/2013 19:07:02    1463497

Link

What a result for manor! blown the Intermmediate Championship wide open! Possible North Leitrim Final on the cards??

Runningman (Leitrim) - Posts: 16 - 19/08/2013 09:48:52    1463635

Link

If manor 2nd team win, does no team get relegated from senior! I'm presuming the runner up doesn't get promoted!! Drumreilly wouldn't have appealed if they thought manor 2nd team wud win it!

sl4 (Leitrim) - Posts: 18 - 19/08/2013 13:45:23    1463840

Link

I heard something to that effect.

gaelsboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 185 - 19/08/2013 14:13:11    1463878

Link

The standard of refereeing in the county is a disgrace. Was at the Dromahaire Aughnasheelin game and the refereeing ruined the game. Since when did the game become a non contact sport? He dished out 13 yellow cards, 1 red card and gave nearly 90 frees in 60 mins. There wasn't a dirty tackle in the game!!! The players couldn't put a hand in to tackle at all without a free being called. Very frustrating to watch a game where the refereeing is the centre of attention and would not let it flow!!

TaytoFoley (Leitrim) - Posts: 47 - 19/08/2013 14:28:13    1463890

Link

Was at the game myself and totally agree, the difference between the first ref and the second for the Ballinamore game, miles apart! Dromahaire were still a lot better than Aughnasheelin but would have been a better game if he didn't give the guts of 100 frees. He also booked Sean McWeeney twice and never sent him off!!
See Pairc Sean or Ballinamore not in use this weekend yet the Board couldn't have put a double relegation header on, really drags games out for players that travel home, at least if its played off straight away clubs can finish up!

MouseMat (Leitrim) - Posts: 89 - 19/08/2013 15:16:30    1463956

Link