Kerry Forum

Kerry Vs. Mayo Super 8'S Game 1

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

A very fast team named for Sunday lads.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9686 - 12/07/2019 20:32:29    2210111

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "A very fast team named for Sunday lads."
A very light team. If that's the team that lines out we won't win and I fancied us. Surely a dummy team. You can't start both Moynihan and Burns together. It's very interesting he didn't name a bench, we always do. It suggests to me he has something up his sleeve. Let's hope so anyway.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 308 - 12/07/2019 20:58:31    2210120

Link

Whats the team lads

thestrapper49 (Louth) - Posts: 207 - 12/07/2019 21:27:36    2210134

Link

I'd be surprised if that is the team that takes the field on Sunday as well. Entirely too light.

If that is the team then Kerry will be going for a shootout because we can't stop mayo running at us with that personnel

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1576 - 12/07/2019 21:28:31    2210135

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  "A very light team. If that's the team that lines out we won't win and I fancied us. Surely a dummy team. You can't start both Moynihan and Burns together. It's very interesting he didn't name a bench, we always do. It suggests to me he has something up his sleeve. Let's hope so anyway."
Disagree. I like the team. Sunday is gonna be a gorgeous day weather wise with the sun splitting the stones. A team full of pace. Run Mayo into the ground hopefully with pace of team. Possibly fastest Half forward line ever selected. Lots of options then to spring from the bench. S.O'Brien first goalscorer or anytime goalscorer my tip. Up the kingdom. Keep the faith no matter what.

GreenAndGold74 (Kerry) - Posts: 83 - 12/07/2019 22:31:01    2210162

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  "A very light team. If that's the team that lines out we won't win and I fancied us. Surely a dummy team. You can't start both Moynihan and Burns together. It's very interesting he didn't name a bench, we always do. It suggests to me he has something up his sleeve. Let's hope so anyway."
Mark o'connor maybe? ;-)

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9686 - 12/07/2019 22:59:52    2210172

Link

Replying To thestrapper49:  "Whats the team lads"
Ryan
Foley Morley Sullivan
White Sherwood Murphy
DOC Moran
Burns o'shea O'brien
Clifford Geaney Moynihan

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9686 - 12/07/2019 23:02:49    2210175

Link

Replying To GeniusGerry:  "I'd be surprised if that is the team that takes the field on Sunday as well. Entirely too light.

If that is the team then Kerry will be going for a shootout because we can't stop mayo running at us with that personnel"
Lack of brawn, or maybe there is another term that would more accurately describe the dilemma. Half back line just does not seem strong enough I think Gavin Crowley at 6, Jack Sherwood at midfield and D O Connor in for either Burns or Moynihan would be better balanced Even without Durkin I still fancy Mayo I hope I'm proven wrong no one would be happier than myself

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 710 - 13/07/2019 00:18:56    2210183

Link

Replying To thestrapper49:  "Whats the team lads"
1. Shane Ryan (Rathmore)

2. Jason Foley (Ballydonoghue)
3. Tadhg Morley (Templenoe)
4. Tom O'Sullivan (Dingle)

5. Paul Murphy (Rathmore)
6. Jack Sherwood (Firies)
7. Gavin White (Dr Crokes)

8. David Moran (Kerins O'Rahillys)
9. Diarmuid O'Connor (Na Gaeil)

10. Micheál Burns (Dr. Crokes)
11. Sean O'Shea (Kenmare)
12. Stephen O'Brien (Kenmare)

13. David Clifford (Fossa)
14. Paul Geaney (Dingle)
15. Dara Moynihan (Spa, Killarney)

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 49 - 13/07/2019 00:37:31    2210185

Link

First time I've ever seen a Kerry team named without subs! Wonder what they might be trying to hide?

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5045 - 13/07/2019 09:28:58    2210214

Link

Replying To GeniusGerry:  "I'd be surprised if that is the team that takes the field on Sunday as well. Entirely too light.

If that is the team then Kerry will be going for a shootout because we can't stop mayo running at us with that personnel"
I could be wrong Gerry but maybe Pete is going to send us out to play our own game and let Mayo worry about us.

Just keep it simple and get off to a good start put Mayo on the back foot early on as that's what they'll be trying to do to us.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9686 - 13/07/2019 09:29:01    2210215

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I could be wrong Gerry but maybe Pete is going to send us out to play our own game and let Mayo worry about us.

Just keep it simple and get off to a good start put Mayo on the back foot early on as that's what they'll be trying to do to us."
A brave selection in that case. I just hope we see something different and we are not taking the ball in to the tackle tomorrow. Pressing Clarke and eliminating silly mistakes and cards is going to be absolutely critical.

I'm normally not a big fan of Tomás's articles but he has one in the independent today that pretty much mirrors my thoughts at the moment. It's well worth a read if you have a few minutes. I'm hoping we see a spark and the start of something tomorrow.

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1576 - 13/07/2019 11:10:32    2210232

Link

Replying To GeniusGerry:  "A brave selection in that case. I just hope we see something different and we are not taking the ball in to the tackle tomorrow. Pressing Clarke and eliminating silly mistakes and cards is going to be absolutely critical.

I'm normally not a big fan of Tomás's articles but he has one in the independent today that pretty much mirrors my thoughts at the moment. It's well worth a read if you have a few minutes. I'm hoping we see a spark and the start of something tomorrow."
I think its a case of Tomas trying to lay down the gauntlet for them - We keep hearing you're our new hope, time to prove to us that you can be.
And that's fair enough. Patience is something we are not renowned for in the Kingdom. Plenty of people all spring saying these young lads need time, that Keane needs to have the breathing space to build something. But once the summers do or die games come, we expect success, we expect results. That's just the way things are here, massive self-pressure, massive scrutiny. If your not winning than your nothing.
Tomorrow has to be a day where these lads show us what they can potentially become.
We have to see a serious performance and let's be honest we have to get a victory. Anything less and we might as well fold up the tent and consider 2019 another lost summer just like 2018 before it.
This is our field, these are our people in the crowd and I don't care who the opposition is - losing is simply not an option.

Personally I'm feeling confident now a day out, my optimism in Kerry football is eternal. I really don't understand how much Kerry are being written off as contenders this year. Pundits are so fickle, its a young side and they'll make mistakes, like they did in the League Final and against Cork, but the potential there is huge. All it takes is for these guys to click with a big performance and we're away on the road. I'm hoping that we see this tomorrow.

Killarney is going to be a mad house tomorrow, going to hop on the train from Tralee and get in around half 12 to soak it all up. Looks like it's going to be blue skies and 25 degrees - where else in the world would you want to be on a day like that ;D

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5045 - 13/07/2019 11:52:24    2210239

Link

Replying To GeniusGerry:  "A brave selection in that case. I just hope we see something different and we are not taking the ball in to the tackle tomorrow. Pressing Clarke and eliminating silly mistakes and cards is going to be absolutely critical.

I'm normally not a big fan of Tomás's articles but he has one in the independent today that pretty much mirrors my thoughts at the moment. It's well worth a read if you have a few minutes. I'm hoping we see a spark and the start of something tomorrow."
Watch it Tomàs! you could be accused of negativity and over analysing for stating the obvious. I too am familiar with Donie Buckley's methods and his attention to detail my question now is does he have any input in this set up. I was bitterly disappointed with what I saw in the 2nd half against Clare and for most of the Munster final. A Kerry team all at sea when it came to defending. Prior to those games remember that Andy Moran in two brief cameo appearances in the league wreaked havoc with the Kerry rearguard ,something he had done consistently over the years with little or no support Tomás is someone whose opinion I would take very seriously, he should know he has walked the walk. I am sure that he is as much of a fanatic as the rest of us and at this stage he would seem to be hoping against hope Going to the U 20 game against Limerick it was the 3rd time I watched them play I looked in vain for backs with physique ,Warren is a beautiful footballer , Potts and McCarthy full of heart but adding them to Paul Murphy Gavin White and Tom O Sullivan would not instill fear into any opposing attack The final against Cork in Clonakilty I think should be a cracking game Then Tyrone? and Pádraig Joyce will be waiting in the final with a real good Galway team . I like Tomás am hoping that someone from somewhere works the oracle tomorrow Too much to hope that Cork could pull the rabbit from the hat this evening . Cíarraí Abù I gconaí.

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 710 - 13/07/2019 12:27:48    2210249

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "I think its a case of Tomas trying to lay down the gauntlet for them - We keep hearing you're our new hope, time to prove to us that you can be.
And that's fair enough. Patience is something we are not renowned for in the Kingdom. Plenty of people all spring saying these young lads need time, that Keane needs to have the breathing space to build something. But once the summers do or die games come, we expect success, we expect results. That's just the way things are here, massive self-pressure, massive scrutiny. If your not winning than your nothing.
Tomorrow has to be a day where these lads show us what they can potentially become.
We have to see a serious performance and let's be honest we have to get a victory. Anything less and we might as well fold up the tent and consider 2019 another lost summer just like 2018 before it.
This is our field, these are our people in the crowd and I don't care who the opposition is - losing is simply not an option.

Personally I'm feeling confident now a day out, my optimism in Kerry football is eternal. I really don't understand how much Kerry are being written off as contenders this year. Pundits are so fickle, its a young side and they'll make mistakes, like they did in the League Final and against Cork, but the potential there is huge. All it takes is for these guys to click with a big performance and we're away on the road. I'm hoping that we see this tomorrow.

Killarney is going to be a mad house tomorrow, going to hop on the train from Tralee and get in around half 12 to soak it all up. Looks like it's going to be blue skies and 25 degrees - where else in the world would you want to be on a day like that ;D"
I'm also confident for tomorrow the hermit,
An Riocht Abu.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9686 - 13/07/2019 13:29:04    2210268

Link

Where would be the best place to park up for tomorrow? Looking forward to it, good luck

MarkRule (Mayo) - Posts: 14 - 13/07/2019 14:39:53    2210281

Link

Replying To MarkRule:  "Where would be the best place to park up for tomorrow? Looking forward to it, good luck"
Depends on your plans are you spending a few hours in Killarney before or after?

If you are just in and out for the game there is a car park off the bypass, or one on the Tralee road before you even reach Killarney that will have stewards. Tralee road might be your best bet if you want a quick getaway afterwards but it's a bit of a walk from the stadium, so if you've kids or elderly with you I'd go with the other one. Fitzgerald stadium have a Twitter page with a map etc.

Safe travels

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1576 - 13/07/2019 15:00:20    2210284

Link

Replying To MarkRule:  "Where would be the best place to park up for tomorrow? Looking forward to it, good luck"
Field beside the cathedral I always park there for matches and major events in Killarney- Ray will give ya a great welcome

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4142 - 13/07/2019 16:00:50    2210287

Link

Kevin McCarthy not playing tonight for Kilcummin in the county league...I wonder is he back in ? Is that why subs not named ?

KerrymanStuckInDonegal (Kerry) - Posts: 49 - 13/07/2019 20:46:51    2210365

Link

Replying To KerrymanStuckInDonegal:  "Kevin McCarthy not playing tonight for Kilcummin in the county league...I wonder is he back in ? Is that why subs not named ?"
I rate him more than many others on here but even at that I don't think it's a good idea to bring him in now.

Cork put up a decent fight this evening until their legs went. Perhaps Cork are better than we thought and we were a little harsh after the Munster final. We should know more this time tomorrow.

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1576 - 13/07/2019 21:04:38    2210378

Link