Carlow Forum

Players who can make an impact at senior level?

(Oldest Posts First)

Just looking to get some opinions on which young players around the county can make an impact at senior county level over the next few years. Let's limit it to minors and up. I'm just curious as to what people think as I was having a similar conversation with some friends recently. I'm not looking for a messiah or anything but surely there must be some youngsters who will improve the county seniors in the near future?

Shotgun_Sam (Carlow) - Posts: 23 - 06/02/2012 21:14:21    1106993

Link

Pick any 5 or 6 from this years Eire Og minor team and you wont go far wrong.

minorchmps11 (Carlow) - Posts: 320 - 07/02/2012 10:57:25    1107138

Link

for some reason my earlier post wasnt posted??!

from minor up, players with potential, reagrdless of committment or desire..

murtagh weir, hughie gahan, mark fitzgearld, jamie kenny, jason kane, ronan o brien, sean murphy, john michael nolan, jeff sutton, andrew beaton..

carlowstar (Carlow) - Posts: 234 - 07/02/2012 11:40:53    1107172

Link

i think st. andrew's Philip Manning should make a huge impact on their introduction to senior level. it is clear that Manning has reached the climax of the transition phase from minor to senior status wit a series of exceptional performances for Knockbeg and St. Andrew's. Dempsey needs to play him at least as a sub for the under 21's for his own progression and success of the team. His hard working attitude and blistering pace is enough reasons why he should be an immense player for bagenalstown's championship, but time will only tell..

hardybadgers (Carlow) - Posts: 4 - 07/02/2012 21:26:50    1107629

Link