Carlow Forum

NFL 2012

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Next Sunday is D DAY we have Leitrim at home and nothing only a win will suffice. Im not convinced we are going to get out of D4 this year judging by what Ive seen so far in the few matches weve played. I would like to think we have pushed on since last year but going by players form so far playing with their colleges i would be slightly worried. I think there will be a lot of pressure on the team this year to perform and im interested to see how they will react to it. Firstly the most important thing is to get out of D4 and secondly we need to get to the Leinster Semi Final again, if we could manage that I would class it as progress. We cannot look ahead 2 much with any degree of confidence untill we firstly string 3 good performances together which means 3 straight wins to build a platform to have any hope for promotion.They way i see it at the mo Fermanagh will definetly go through followed closely by Wicklow,who have the scoring average up already after today. Question is..... will we be able score as much against Kilkenny.

THE BOSS (Carlow) - Posts: 475 - 05/02/2012 20:06:42    1106062

Link

I agree with you boss. I believe we are going to mess up again cos I dont believe the management are up to it. I think we will struggle to win more than 3games and then we will have the usual excuses trotted out again.

dead_as_dodos (Carlow) - Posts: 459 - 06/02/2012 11:08:31    1106320

Link

Next Sunday def is a big game but I'm certain we will win. Rainbow has strengthened the back room team and preparations have been good. Wicklow had their easy win over Kilkenny and Limerick beat Leitrim in Leitrim. Clare had a big win over Waterford. That was a strange one with so many sendings off. Fermanagh had a wasted journey to London.
Did Carlow have a training session or a game on this free weekend?
The Carlow squad has youth on its side and won't lack fitness or determination.
Promotion has to be a huge carrot for them all and if they can achieve that they could develop into a fine team. They would be heading into Div 3 as a young eager bunch with all their careers ahead of them.
Two points next Sunday, two over in London. Then a toughie against Clare but at home before the All Ireland Champions Kilkenny!

Benekerry (Cavan) - Posts: 258 - 06/02/2012 11:16:42    1106330

Link

Bennekerry - the carlow senior team play St Brigids club team yesterday and were beaten. I wasn't at it so i don't know what the team was or how much they were beaten by. I would hope that there would have been close to a full squad given that the league began yesterday - perhaps someone who was at it can give us the 'low down' on this game? Not sure how effective county teams playing club teams is especially if they lose to them -cant be a great confidence booster.

dual supporter (Carlow) - Posts: 772 - 06/02/2012 12:51:35    1106422

Link

I wouldnt be too disappointed of they lost. Clubs in All Ireland Semis would be flying and motivated. A county team wouldn't treat the game as serious. Presume Carlow would be giving the bench players game time.

Benekerry (Cavan) - Posts: 258 - 06/02/2012 13:36:15    1106486

Link

Fermanagh, Wicklow and ourselves haven't kicked a ball yet,(No disprect to Kilkenny as they're just not interested) and no surprises after yesterday's games that were played, it's early days and still all to play for. IMO, to win any game, a level of fitness that's greater than the opposition is paramount everything else is secondary, so if we have improved /increased our level of fitness by 35 to 40% over last year we will take both points on Sunday, I have no doubt what so ever about that, but if not it's game lost before a ball is kicked. Leitrim was one of the teams that I fancied to get promoted before a ball was kicked yesterday and even allowing for that defeat against Limerick and should they beat us I would be more confident of them going up to Div.3 it's only a matter of who goes with them, however should we beat Leitrim on Sunday, I see no reason why we wont get promoted at their expense and provided we have the level of fitness thats necessary to get us there. A huge plus for Leitrim is that they are going into that match with a game under their belt, 'tis a great advantage to them.
While there are a couple of favourites in some peoples minds as to who will get promoted, there are definatly no certainities, that's why I say theres not one team in Div.4 looking forward to playing any of the others. - - - - with victory guaranteed.

supersub15 (Carlow) - Posts: 1946 - 06/02/2012 15:10:17    1106601

Link

I was at the Kilkenny game lads and lets just say there is nothing to worry about, what a shambles.

Waterford losing was surprise, we have them next at home and if we win that could blow a hole in their challenge.

Ye have to win on Sunday.

sponger (Wicklow) - Posts: 2693 - 07/02/2012 15:02:56    1107346

Link

according to the carlow people we were beaten by st bridgids last week and we only managed to kick 1-02, that would not be ideal preparation for the league, any word on how the training is going

Barrowsider (Carlow) - Posts: 1243 - 07/02/2012 19:53:52    1107564

Link

Is Derek Hayden out of the match this weekend? Reading Nationalist they say hes out. Where did he pick up injury? Thats a big loss if true.
Having jj smith back is good news quality forward once he keeps the head and doesn't get sent off.

The Real 1944 (Carlow) - Posts: 1101 - 08/02/2012 18:10:14    1108057

Link

supersub15
County: Carlow

Fermanagh, Wicklow and ourselves haven't kicked a ball yet,(No disprect to Kilkenny as they're just not interested) and no surprises after yesterday's games that were played, it's early days and still all to play for. IMO, to win any game, a level of fitness that's greater than the opposition is paramount everything else is secondary, so if we have improved /increased our level of fitness by 35 to 40% over last year we will take both points on Sunday, I have no doubt what so ever about that, but if not it's game lost before a ball is kicked. Leitrim was one of the teams that I fancied to get promoted before a ball was kicked yesterday and even allowing for that defeat against Limerick and should they beat us I would be more confident of them going up to Div.3 it's only a matter of who goes with them, however should we beat Leitrim on Sunday, I see no reason why we wont get promoted at their expense and provided we have the level of fitness thats necessary to get us there. A huge plus for Leitrim is that they are going into that match with a game under their belt, 'tis a great advantage to them.
While there are a couple of favourites in some peoples minds as to who will get promoted, there are definatly no certainities, that's why I say theres not one team in Div.4 looking forward to playing any of the others. - - - - with victory guaranteed.

I asked about our level of fitness for a reason and I got it, thanks for that dual supporter, posters here seem to blame everything except our level of fitness andno one seems to even give it a mention, but thats where our games are lost, -- trust me.

supersub15 (Carlow) - Posts: 1946 - 12/02/2012 19:04:41    1110154

Link