Carlow Forum

Carlow v Meath/Wicklow 2012 Leinster Quarter Final.

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Its very low key alrite. The lads were away for the last few days in Fota Island in Cork, on a training/bonding weekend. Went well by all accounts apart from a lot of sunburn! The Cork game was just part of it.

The Real 1944 (Carlow) - Posts: 1100 - 28/05/2012 20:49:21    1182345

Link

very good, nice spot down there too, i saw them in dcp yesterday checking out the opposition, it's a tall order ahead of them, on the up side there is no pressure most people expect them to get hammered

Barrowsider (Carlow) - Posts: 1241 - 28/05/2012 20:57:24    1182352

Link

A few posts back I gave my views on the Wicklow- Meath game, that was from a glass half empty perspective, from a glass half full perspective my view is similar but, we finished the league on six points, we literally left three games behind us, lost to Leitrim by 0-02, lost to Clare by 0-01 and lost to Wicklow by 0-02 all three very winnable games, now should we have won those three games we would have finished on twelve points the same as Wicklow and Clare, and all of a suddent the glass is beginning to fill, even though we lost them there are still positives to be got from those games, we lost those three game by a total of 0-05, I'd go further and say if we were to meet any of those three teams again we would beat them, now I'm not saying we will beat Meath but we should be able to put up a creditable performance and keep everyone there until the final whistle and go into the league next year with more certainty than hope, we can use the Meath game as a confidence builder.

supersub15 (Carlow) - Posts: 1933 - 29/05/2012 14:40:12    1182849

Link

@ supersub, i don't see how losing all our home games could be taken any other way only as a disaster, i was at every game this year except for the london and kilkenny games and i don't think luck had anything to do with losing, it's tactics and using players in wrong positions is our main problem.

in saying that it's a one off game and i do feel we have a chance but only if we change our attitude on the line and show some courage, meath showed me 3 significant weaknesses on sunday if our management can exploit that we have a real chance

Barrowsider (Carlow) - Posts: 1241 - 29/05/2012 20:39:34    1183218

Link

some posters on here talking about our league performance but to me league and championship are worlds apart, personally i dont think we are a championship team [apart from the odd win here and there] and meath still have at least 5 of their normal 15 to come back i cant see us within 10 points of them

crusader (Carlow) - Posts: 5 - 29/05/2012 21:25:35    1183277

Link