Carlow Forum

St Mullins Vs Ballyhale

(Oldest Posts First)

Big day for the club and the county. If we can perform ive no doubt we will win its been a special year so far and could be about to get a whole lot better. This team will give ballyhale respect but wont fear them and will tear into them from the beginning

ceatharlach.abu (Carlow) - Posts: 22 - 28/11/2019 17:16:11    2251996

Link

Replying To ceatharlach.abu:  "Big day for the club and the county. If we can perform ive no doubt we will win its been a special year so far and could be about to get a whole lot better. This team will give ballyhale respect but wont fear them and will tear into them from the beginning"
Thus is a massive game as you say but I am a little fearful of the result.

I am hopeful of a great performance but Shamrocks have an exceptionally strong team and even without Holden , the 2 Fennellys , TJ and Mullen, they have so many other top players I just think it's a step too far for St Mullins.

I would love to be proved wrong. I know St Mullins will give of their very best. I have absolutely no doubt about that at all.

But Sunday is bonus territory in my opinion. It's a massive achievement to get to the final and like all hurling buffs I am looking forward to it.
I have no doubt that Marty will again lead from the front and will take Shamrocks in with every opportunity and that Shamrocks will find James Doyle a handful...hopefully Seamus Murphy can get food possession as he has done in his last 2 games.

You never know but...
Best of luck to all the St Mullins players. I will be there supporting The Saints and proud to do do.

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1510 - 28/11/2019 21:48:13    2252034

Link

I remember 2013 and no-one giving MLR a chance against Oulart who had
won 5 Wexford titles on the spin and beaten Kilcormac in the semis.

If St. Mullins can survive the first 15 minutes and stay in touch then they
have a great chance.

All of Carlow have to get there and keep them going.

Should be a great day.

carlovia (None) - Posts: 1063 - 29/11/2019 09:40:27    2252056

Link

If St Mullins can go with conceding goals, especially early, then I'd give them a slight chance at winning, But that Ballyhale team is unreal, would probably win the Joe McDonagh cup with the talent they have!

If Mullins can keep it to within 10 points or less, I think that would be a good performance.

TaosHum (Carlow) - Posts: 47 - 29/11/2019 10:04:06    2252059

Link

Best wishes to st mullins. Another great day for hurling in our county.

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2624 - 01/12/2019 09:25:14    2252426

Link

Very best of luck to the St. Mullins lads today.

You've every chance to winning this.

Blackbogger (Carlow) - Posts: 162 - 01/12/2019 10:33:59    2252437

Link

Great atmosphere today in Portlaoise generated in the main by St Mullins on the terrace... serious performance from the players from the start of the game. All Mullins players really got stuck in and put pressure on Shamrocks. The pitch was heavily sanded and some players struggled on it.

Some fantastic scores from St Mullins. Marty was again incredible.

As a hurling supporter of long standing, I must say that I am delighted that Carlow hurling is now on a new level that commands so much respect. Rangers and St Mullins have really set the bar for Carlow clubs.

Well done to the entire club of management players and supporters. Fantastic to be there today
A few goal chances went so so close too !!

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1510 - 01/12/2019 21:33:41    2252570

Link

Replying To carlowman:  "Great atmosphere today in Portlaoise generated in the main by St Mullins on the terrace... serious performance from the players from the start of the game. All Mullins players really got stuck in and put pressure on Shamrocks. The pitch was heavily sanded and some players struggled on it.

Some fantastic scores from St Mullins. Marty was again incredible.

As a hurling supporter of long standing, I must say that I am delighted that Carlow hurling is now on a new level that commands so much respect. Rangers and St Mullins have really set the bar for Carlow clubs.

Well done to the entire club of management players and supporters. Fantastic to be there today
A few goal chances went so so close too !!"
A great summation Carlowman. You've fully captured it there. Scoreboard didn't do justice really. Had James Doyle's effort got in at the start of the second half... St Mullins are a serious serious team.

Passer_By (Carlow) - Posts: 466 - 01/12/2019 22:02:01    2252581

Link

A belated observation, the caption on HS read, "Ballyhale end St. Mullins Fairy tale". That was no fairy tale, that was for real, there was a couple of missed goal chances and a couple of scoreable frees that went wide for the Saints, should they have been chalked up well who knows, on the day the best team won and good luck to them.

supersub15 (Carlow) - Posts: 2001 - 04/12/2019 11:50:56    2253147

Link