National Forum

Bainisteoir or Maor Foirne ?

(Oldest Posts First)

I noticed Banty donned a maor foirne bib in Tullamore yesterday as the game entered it's final quarter...............surely this is a breach of the rules set out by the gaa.............didn't a similar incident involving Wexford manager Jason Ryan spur the authorities in the gaa to issue an unambiguous statement regarding the wearing of other bibs by bainisteoir's

I'm surprised nobody has raised this matter before now...

Gammy_Knee (USA) - Posts: 1482 - 29/07/2012 16:55:36    1232528

Link

It was actually Liam Dunne the hurling manager. They'll get fined and that's all. I doubt you'd bring it up if it was anyone else but Meath

square_ball_69 (Westmeath) - Posts: 826 - 29/07/2012 20:07:19    1232820

Link

I know it was wrong for what banty done the man was up and down the line like a yo yo ranting and raving. I could not believe when seen him on the pitch cant fault his passion in trying everything that day to try spur the team on. I wonder what would of happened if meath had of turned things around would this of been more a talking point...

DUB1 (Dublin) - Posts: 5583 - 29/07/2012 21:25:20    1232949

Link

yes,
and its also againt the rules for a club chairman/secretary to be a water carrier, but it happens - no harm done

cuchulainn35 (Armagh) - Posts: 1676 - 29/07/2012 21:31:35    1232960

Link

I like Banty, think he's a hard time of it but I really thought there was a bit of self-indulgence about that stunt. Turning towards the crowd and geeing people up. All that stuff is nonsense really. Seemed like a fairly blunt attempt at visibly playing up to the Meath support.

doublehop (Kildare) - Posts: 4172 - 29/07/2012 21:35:01    1232966

Link

banty's decision to donn a maor foirne bib showed a willful and deliberate disregard for gaa rules.............he basically gave 2 fingers to the authorities........the gaa had issued clear rules only a few weeks back regarding managers putting on different bibs...........banty like every other manager would have been aware of the rules so his behaviour was willful and deliberate........his conduct could actually be deemed as cheating and therefore bringing the game into disrepute.

Gammy_Knee (USA) - Posts: 1482 - 01/08/2012 19:03:07    1235930

Link

Doublehop - Turning towards the crowd and geeing people up

Doublehop, Banty does this at nearly EVERY game, I remember he was constantly doing it during the league game in Galway. I can't think of any other manager who does it. Personally what he did on Saturday putting on the Bib and running around the pitch, is nearly making little of the players and their own motivation. I don't mind a manager shouting instructions from the side line. I know he was doing his best, but it was too late anyway.

And Gammyknee as someone said its just because its Meath that you started this thread, some things will never change.

ClassApart (Meath) - Posts: 1200 - 01/08/2012 19:35:40    1235951

Link

classapart i never once mentioned your county in my posts..........banty was giving 2 fingers to the authorities............he was cheating and cheating is something the gaa should not tolerate they really have to come down heavy on him....

Gammy_Knee (USA) - Posts: 1482 - 01/08/2012 20:41:35    1235999

Link

Yeah, would agree with you there ClassApart. Send the players out and let them at it, that's the managers role. If he wants to change things up or get a message of advice out there then fair enough but running out to the players slapping them on the back and shaking his fists at them is embarrassing for the players who are trying their best. Shane Curran was the same in goals for Roscommon. I just roll my eyes at that stuff, it would drive me mental if I was on the field with them.

doublehop (Kildare) - Posts: 4172 - 01/08/2012 20:57:58    1236016

Link